All reviewsprivilege poolbungalow poolgrand hyattbaha marmonkey barmercedes suvbathroom designbedroom residencesaganakivip hostespresso makerdrawer spaceamazing sushiavocado toastamazing weekendmediterranean foodwasher dryer
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

The staff was amazing. Welcoming and warm. They were helpful. The decor, the pool I could go on and on but my favorite had to have been the bed and my view. Definitely a girls trip or couples location. I will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Davina,
Thank you for your lovely comments and know that your bed and view awaits your return, hopefully soon.
Brgds,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Today was our first day at the SLS Bah mar. My wife and I are staying here and my cousin and his wife are staying at the grand Hyatt. Before even reading the negative reviews I would have said the biggest sore thumb problem here is that they charge gratuity on every single thing you buy here. Then on top of that they charge U a VAT fee of 7.5% which I hear is going up to 12.5%. We are no penny pushers but when you get three piña colada’s At a pool and the bill is $76 that is crazy. I would say the pricing for the food is outrageous. No music at the pools whatsoever and when I asked why they said because it’s a Monday excuse me but this is the Caribbean and it’s a holiday weekend on top of that we come here to enjoy ourselves not be in a funeral home at the pool.
The hotel is beautiful and the staff has been very helpful they even upgraded our room which is very nice but as somebody who has spent 10 or so times at Atlantis I would have to say this place has some growing to do unless you gamble or drink there is nothing else to do at night no ice cream places to go walk too, no marina to check out, no outside music or beach parties . You can only gamble and drink so much but it’s obvious they are catering to a higher class clientele.
The last thing I will leave you with is how bad they scam you at the restaurant. Me and my cousin split the bill on our room keys, since they don’t take cash for some absurd reason. First off how do you expect people to work harder and give good service when they automatically guarantee gratuity. But back to my main point when they split our bill they think we have Dummy written on our foreheads because they charge each of our bills the tax 15% gratuity and the VAT!!!! So that’s 30 percent tip and 15vat!! They basically make it as if we were at two separate tables that’s crazy and I’ll be addressing that tomorrow night since I figured it out today. Hopefully as this trip continues I can edit this review and come back with some more positives and I hope the hotel reads these and use it to better this resort.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pasquale L
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Pasquale,
Thank you so much for writing your review and I am sorry that the various levies and fees are inflating the prices. The recent unexpected increase in VAT does not help matters and we are in the process of searching for ways in which we can lower our pass on costs through leveraging our purchasing power with vendors.
The lack of music around the pool because it was Monday yesterday is an oversight on our side and I have spoken to the Team to make sure even if the DJ is not performing there should always be appropriate music playing for the enjoyment of our guests.
There is n't an ice cream parlor yet, there is a selection at Cafe Madelaine and, although no help to you right now, we have purchased an ice cream machine for SLS so we can offer homemade ice cream throughout our venues in the very near future.
In regards to the split bill and the double charging of gratuity and VAT; I would be more than happy to meet you and sort this matter out. Do contact me through the front desk at anytime that suits you.
Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The SLS Baha Mar is a total gem. My husband and I booked a last minute trip literally the night before and we were both blown away by the attention to details and superb service we received. The staff is wonderful and truly engaging. They want you to have not just a great time but an excellent experience. Stephanie in the call center was very helpful. Dominic our driver from the airport was extremely polite and knowledgeable. Peter Bron Jr greeted us with a huge smile at the entrance, took care of our bags and immediately gave us a rundown of the property. Upon check in we were upgraded to a room with a better view. Alina one of the concierges was so helpful and arranged dining reservation, activities and was a wealth of knowledge. She also surprised us with wine and chocolates in our room. The SLS pool area is lovely and Calvin the bartender and Aldiera the hostess took great care of us making sure we always had a refreshing drink in our hand and some yummy food. A huge shout out to the dining staff and Chef Greg at Commonwealth for our actual anniversary dinner. The atmosphere and food were both amazing. Once again we were surprised with a beautiful personalized anniversary dessert. We also loved the Italian restaurant Fi'lia so much the first night we returned a second night. The Caesar salad made tableside is to die for. Our servers both nights Kenny and Melissa were so engaging and fun. We ordered ice and a cheese/charcuterie plate one afternoon and again we're surprised with more chocolates from Kimberley in the dining staff. She also made sure that we had ice and water every evening. We also ate at Katsuya one evening and Cafe Madeline several times. For lunch we either ordered at the Bungalow Bar (Mexican style smoked chicken salad was my fav) or El Jefe the taco food truck at the beach. We did not have a bad meal in four days!! Speaking of the beach, it's beautiful and well maintained by the staff with lots of activities to choose from. Find Elvis under the green tent to the west of the pier and he'll deliver the prettiest Bahama Mama to sip while you enjoy the emerald green waters.

I can only think of a couple of things that would make this place better. We love to enjoy our coffee on the balcony and they only provide a small square ottoman to relax on. Two chairs would be more comfortable. They provide a lavazza machine in the room but only give you small espresso cups so if you select the larger coffee size you need to request normal size coffee cups from dining. In the hallways we noticed lots of scuff marks on the walls and doors and the carpet had many stains. We thought this unfortunate since the resort is only a year old. Lastly the air conditioning in the casino and common areas keeps it like an ice box. Going from the heat outside to this extreme made it uncomfortable in the evenings.

My husband a I work for the airlines and have traveled our whole life for work and or fun. We've been to many islands, Antigua, St Martin, Aruba, Belize, not to mention the US and British Virgin Islands as well as places overseas. I have to say SLS and the whole Baha Mar resort exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a great experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melmonahan

Dear Melmonohan,
How wonderful to get your lovely comments and thank you so much for taking the time to pen them to us.
You have mentioned so many of my amazing Associates and rest assured I will make sure they hear of your praise.
Thank you for recommendingwe add chairs on the balcony, which we are considering to purchase in addition to the ottoman and will be providing larger coffee cups into the coffee offering in the rooms.
Coincidentally we have ordered new corridor carpet that is much more luxurious and will be in place next time you come to visit us, which we hope will be soon.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and do let me know if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

So glad we gave this place a second chance. They have really stepped up their game in the service and food department. The pools are great. We did the pool party at Privilege and enjoyed the live music at the Blue Note every night. Definitely going back!

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Gennie,
We also are so happy you gave us a second chance; looking forward to your third visit and do let me know if I can help in anyway.
Brgds,

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

After a great first stay at SLS, I thought it would be a great place to return to, but after yesterday’s incident at the family pool, I and many others felt unsafe and shocked. With lots of alcohol and the heat of the day, people were partying at the family pool, which is the vibe you come to expect while staying at an SLS. However, one guest smashed a bottle over another guests head, which lead to a row of cabanas jumping into a full fist fight that quickly transformed the pool deck into a scene full of chaos. Chairs being thrown, children screaming and crying, and staff simply watching in disbelief as over 30 adults jumped to a full brawl with a single security guard getting pushed around.

After guests yelled to staff and the lifeguard on duty to call the police or for more security they simply did nothing and further to that said they can’t. “What if there were weapons” said one mother as she grabbed her son and ran up the steps with him crying.

The situation could not have been more poorly handled. A sad occurrence to happen at a hotel only six months old, but quickly displayed the poor training of the staff and overall made me regret my return to this property. Apologizing to all of my friends who I convinced to stay here for a milestone birthday was rough, as they all made comments like “where did you bring us!”

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, until staff are properly trained on how to handle such situations to ensure the safety of guests.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
8  Thank TimLovestoTravel

Dear Tim,
I am so very sorry that you were adversely affected by the incident at the Bungalow Pool on Saturday. You can be sure that we take the safety and security of all our guests very, very seriously and something of this nature will not be allowed to re-occur.
We have already instituted far more comprehensive security coverage and our F&B Managers will be more vigilant with excessive consumption by guests.
I was hoping to speak with you before you departed on Sunday, but some how I missed you.
Do drop me an email with you telephone number if you could give me the opportunity to apologize in person.
My email address is richard.alexander@sbe.com
Hoping to speak with you soon.