All reviewsprivilege poolbungalow poolgrand hyattbaha marmonkey barmercedes suvbathroom designbedroom residencesaganakivip hostespresso makerdrawer spaceamazing sushiavocado toastamazing weekendmediterranean foodwasher dryer
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I will start off and say we had a great time on property and it is a very beautiful hotel. I would recommend the baha mar to friends. If we didn't have an on going issue, this review would be at 4/5 stars.

However, book an ocean view room with caution. Our "breathtaking ocean view" room (1014) was a lovely view of a road (and no ocean). They should really only be selling the odd number room side of the hotel as ocean view. They couldn't move us night one, but did for the rest of the week.
Our other issue, which still is not resolved is at checkout look at your bill. We had almost $500 of charges to our room that were not ours. The front desk was helpful at removing some of the charges. We still have a charge on our card for $253.88 - which was someone else's dinner charge. We had dinner at another restaurant on property the same night. Spoke to the front desk twice about this last charge and they were "taking it off" and we are back in NY now and the charge has not been removed. I also can not get a hold of someone at the hotel to help.

Ok - so aside from the two issues above we are looking forward to going back again. I just mention the above, so you make sure to double check your final bill.

So the great things about the property. There are beach chairs everywhere. We didn't have to run downstairs super early to get chairs. We went to cafe Madeline most mornings to grab coffee and something light from there (food was great there). The ocean is so clear, also the floats they have anchored into the ocean floor are pretty awesome. The free boat ride from the pier to Balmoral Island was a great find. We were there almost a week, so it was nice to spend the day on the island in the VIP area.

The Staff around the resort are all so helpful and friendly. We also enjoyed the restaurant options and the food trucks by the beach. El Jefe was our favorite, they do Taco Thursdays. Also pizza at the beach is from Fi'lia, also really good. It was nice having so many food options by the pools/beach. For dinner we liked Cleo the best, but Fi'lia, Katsuya, and Shwang Ba were also really good. We did Swimming Pig our first night for something more casual. Make reservations ahead of time, they definitely fill up.

The casino was very nice too, and large. My husband was a fan of the sports book as well. This hotel has everything. I do wish I tried the Spa out, but heard from other guests that the spa was great.

Overall we had a great babymoon and I would like to return next year when I can drink again!

Room Tip: Odd number (east) rooms have the ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichelleNJ1980
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Michelle,

Thank you very much for your review of SLS Baha Mar.

I am very sorry to read about the issues you had during your stay. I am taking your comment on board about our categories and their online description. We are revisiting this at the moment. In regards to the billing issues you had, I find this very alarming and can assure you it is very unusual.

The reason for my delayed reply is that I was looking at our systems in an attempt to find your reservation, but unfortunately, I have been unable to do so with the limited information available. Please contact me (via Myer.bowe@sbe.com) so I could personally look into this billing issue for you.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We are into day 3 here and have the rest of the week to go... So far every staff member we’ve encountered has been friendly and helpful. Based on negative reviews I almost cancelled and was going to head back to Atlantis until all the kinks were worked out.

I want to say thanks to the first responders who found my husband in pain yesterday and brought him back to our room when I didn’t know where he was. I know the woman’s name was Christine, but didn’t catch the name of the men who were there too... We ended up immediately going to the ER and I’m glad they asked me whether we wanted to go to the private or public hospital. The Doctor’s Hospital looked like a community health center from back home, but everyone there was so nice and gave such great patient care. I work in healthcare and know patient experience should always be the main focus.

The other person I want to thank so far is our housekeeping staff member, Sonia! She recognized my husband was not well and made sure we had water so he could take his meds and made sure we had ice for his knee. We had called for ice and when she found out we were still waiting, she was on it! If there is an outstanding employee rewards program I hope she gets one! Housekeeping (IMO) is key at any resort and can ruin or make your stay.

We’ve eaten at the Poke Bar, Stix and 3 Tides so far. I’m originally from the Pacific Islands and the poke is pretty fresh and spot on from what I grew up with. I’m sure we’ll be heading back there a few more times before we leave. All the staff were polite and attentive. The food came out within a reasonable time and all tasted fine. As other reviewers mention, the prices at this resort is pretty up there so just know that going in. Dinner for just my son and I runs about $100 each night. If you’re drinking by the pool or beach all day long, you’ll rack up a few hundred dollar tab quickly.

We’ll see how the rest of the week goes!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lijabell
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello Lijabell,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay at SLS Baha Mar.

I am very sorry your husband had to go to the hospital, but I am glad you felt like you were taken good care of. Thank you for mentioning Christine and Sonia by name, I will be sure to pass your nice feedback to them and celebrate them!

I wish you a great continuation of your stay,

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from three fabulous nights at the SLS Baha Mar Resort with my wife. Firstly, I’d like to thank the entire staff for making our stay so welcoming. From the hotel driver who picked us up at the airport to the porters, the efficient front desk, concierge, house keeping, pool attendants, lifeguards, casino waitresses, bartenders, restaurant staff, beach staff, security staff, and anyone I may have missed....thank you again! Each and every staff member greeted us with a genuine smile and hello and take pride in this wonderful resort. When we asked where a specific place within the resort was, the staff would always walk us there.

Majority of guest were adults 30 and up....couples, singles, and families. Most families with children seem to stay at one of the kid friendlier pools . All pools have beautiful cabanas with TV’s (cabanas are an additional cost), plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas, their own towel stations, and plenty of bath rooms. The bathrooms are the prettiest freestanding structures. One person per bathroom, extremely clean.
The casino, the largest in the Caribbean, was a lot of fun for us each night. Plenty of waitresses offering free drinks .....comparable to any Atlantic City casino, but very clean.

We had an ocean view room (9th floor) overlooking the resort. I think these are the best rooms. Ocean front is ocean front, but the pool area looks terrific after sunset. Ocean view on the other side is not as pretty.

A 15% tip is included on all dining checks. We liked this and usually added more. Cash is not accepted as far as I’m aware of. Hotel dining will be pricey, check online menus for pricing.

I must add we were concerned about coming here after reading several negative reviews. I found the majority of these neg. reviews were written by first time reviewers. Didn’t feel they were the best indicators for making a decision.
I’m so happy we decided to come!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Envie17

Dear Envie17,

Thank you so much for your great review of SLS Baha Mar!

I was thrilled to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, from your room to our pool. I do think SLS Baha Mar is the perfect destination for a couple looking for a romantic break.

I hope to have the chance of welcoming you and your wife again very soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Food is terrible and super expensice the service is worse. I would say wait at least 2 years but I will not be back. I’ve been to 15+ plus islands and this is one of the most expensive and worst service. I don’t mind paying if I am taken care of. I am staying here right now and guarantee no one is looking at this. Nothing specific - just not good. Go off campus to eat too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lotsofislands

Dear Lotsofislands,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to hear more about your stay to understand what went wrong. I am not currently on property, but next time you pass by our Front Desk, please ask for Francis Chong, our Director of Front of House, who will be available to make things right for you.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 16 April 2018

From the minute we arrived at the airport, SLS has a kiosk when a gentlemen escorted us to our car to take us to the hotel. The driver very friendly and once we arrived the attention we received was wonderful.Check in was a breeze. Our room beautiful facing the pool w/ocean view. Had drinks and late lunch at Bungalow. Food was delicious and drinks hit the spot.At night we ate at Filia. Food and service was great.At the end of night they sang Happy Birthday to my husband without me saying a word. We enjoyed the singer in the Jazz lounge and the casino.
Friday had buffet breakfast at Cleo it was delicious, plentiful and the service amazing.They were constantly refilling my coffee, clearing away dirty plates and always checking to see if we need anything. We tried a different pool but had the same great experience with lunch/drinks at pool.They have pple bringing you yr lunch and drinks. Always ample chairs and towels for the time we were there. At night dinner at Cleo delicious and service great. You can tell the staff love what they do and are there to please the guests. On saturday we had buritos for breakfast by the beach and coffee. We tried a different pool and spent the day relaxing and at night had an amazing dinner at Shaung Ba Once again the people, staff and our waiter were very professional and catered to our every need.Food delicious and you really feel the culture when you enter this rest.They too sang happy birthday to my husband. We enjoyed the casino. It is quite large and has many different slot machines and tables. Waitress offering drinks frequently. Sunday morning we had breakfast burritos and long walk on the beautiful pier. We then relaxed on the beach before returning to our room to ck out. Ck out easy and our car ready to take us back to the airport.

The concierge very helpful. Eager to answer any questions. Last not but not least my dealings with Myer Bowe, Executive Assistant really eased my concerns and she provided excellent service for my husband's special birthday. Once again she kept in touch with us during our stay to see if we needed anything.If you are looking for a beautiful hotel with excellent hospitality and service, SLS Baha Mahr is the perfect place. I am definitely going back and can't wait to tell all my family and friends too!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terri V

Hello Terri,

It was such a privilege having you and your husband staying with us at SLS Baha Mar for this special occasion. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and brought back many good memories. Thank you for recognizing Myer in your review, I have passed your kind words to her already.

Myer and myself cannot wait to welcome you back. Please be in touch so we can organize your next visit!