Should be a beautiful property but it's not been kept up. It's as if the management is sick and tired. Guest room: not private because of the porch around the perimeter - people can walk by and see in the window as there are no blinds. Awoke in the night with bug bites. Food: With only 6 others in the dining room, it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to get food. And it was lousy. No salads, no desserts available, either. I'd go to a motel in a strip mall before I'd go back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the west end of New Providence lies an exquisite hideaway. A STONE'S THROW AWAY is perched on one of the highest elevations by the coast. Here our Guests can indulge in a rare panoramic view of Nassau 's land and sea. The scenery boasts the best of the island's natural wonders, from the native pine forest by Lake Killarney to the brim of the coral reefs that protect the glimmering beaches of west Nassau. The property was recently built to echo the traditions of an old Bahamian home: wood floors and wood ceilings, louvered shutters and a large wrap around porch bring the visitors back to a quieter time long ago when the music of the islands could be heard in the whispers of the trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your A Stone's Throw Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel Nassau
- A Stone's Throw Away Bahamas/Nassau