Sun Fun Resort
US$470
US$381
US$378
US$340
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$289
  • Beachfront
A Stone's Throw Away(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$236
US$410
US$317
Bookit.com
Ocean West Boutique Hotel(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$199
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Nasty room - apparently from previous reviews - looks like airport personnel being paid off to send travelers there that missed their flights!! Was mugged, beaten, lost over $1,000 right outside hotel....oh and the rooms are worse than the reviews have said!! BEWARE!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank lisamhe
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I can honestly say that calling this place a dump is an understatement! When I arrived the housekeeper appeared to be cleaning out the room so my boyfriend and I decided to walk down the road to hit up the beach. When I came back the room literally smelled like feces! We dried off with the towels and asked to be relocated. Once relocated to a "better" room it was equally horrid! The bathrooms were extremely nasty and the furniture and building itself seem to be a hundred years old and recycled.

When I asked for a refund the clerk wouldn't give me a full refund and kept $20 and their claim was because we used the towels. I would never recommend this place to anyone! It has to be the worst hotel ever in Nassau and I know because i'm a Bahamian!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank abbyolurin1
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband & I were placed in this dump by Cat Island Air when they made us late for our connecting flight. We were promised the Sheraton, but ended up here. It was filthy. There appeared to be blood splatters on the furniture. There was a fingernail in the bedside table drawer. There were no sheets on the bed & no towels in the bathroom and none were provided even though we asked nicely. Finally at 5:30am my husband woke the sleeping night clerk and went back behind the pool, over a garbage can, and got towels out of the dryer himself so we could wash & get out of this place ASAP! Cat Island Air picked up our tab. We would never have chosen this place on our own. We felt unsafe and uneasy. Needless to say...we want to warn others. DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DCTwave
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Having asked at the airport for a recommended budget hotel/guesthouse during an unexpected stop in Nassau, I was directed to the Sun Fun Resort. The fact that it was January and there was no sun (unbelievably cold) was not their fault, but let me assure the reader that it was no fun and that undoubdtedly was their responsibility. Only use this place if, like me, it is your last resort!!!

The first room I had was filthy, the sheets did not appear to have been changed since the last resident, the WC had been used and stained and not flushed, there was no hot water, the unadvertised room-mates, mosquitos and cockroaches were aggressive, the carpet was warn and damp owing to the leaking roof, there were no windows and zero furniture apart from the bed. Security was also an issue as the door did not lock.

Having complained at the check-in desk the young lady politely apologised (it was her first day in the job) and promised to have my belongings moved to a 'better' room whilst I went to get a meal. Upon my return the check-in clerk had changed but my room had not, so I asked to be moved. This guy was extremely aggressive and took my request as a personal affront! Eventually, and with great reluctance I was shown another room, which was marginally cleaner than the first owing to the fact that they had dispensed with the carpet! The sheets still looked as though I was the second or perhaps even the third user of them, I did not sleep well!

All in all an experience not to be repeated.

If the hotel management monitor these reviews I would be delighted to discuss the matter with them and to help them understand what today's traveller expects for their money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank Bimbling
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I had just stayed at Comfort Suites on Paradise Island and British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. Due to poor planning on my part, I ended up having to stay at this hotel after finding out that the Nassau airport physically shuts down between 11pm and 5am. My fiancee had a 10pm flight back to Russia and mine was a flight back to the US early the next morning--I mistakenly assumed I could just hang out in the airport.

Airport security and a couple of local taxi drivers said the closest and cheapest place was "Sun Fun". I figured I only needed somewhere to hang out for a few hours until the airport reopened, so I went there.

The lady at the front desk was very nice and offered me a $70 room "outside" or a "nicer inside" room for $120. I opted for the cheaper room because it was effectively a six-hour layover until I went back to the airport.

In retrospect, I should have paid the extra $50 and hoped for the best. Instead, I ended up with Room 2 just outside of the "swimming pool" (the water was clean, but the pool was ridiculously tiny).

I walked into the room and immediately understood what "roach motel" meant. There were about 10 light switches--only two of them seemed to actually be connected to anything. The room itself was laid out like a Motel 6--very basic, which isn't a problem in itself. One big room with a bed, table, two chairs, a small air conditioner, a dresser, a 17-inch TV and a counter area. Then there was a small bathroom.

The only good thing is that the bedsheets appeared to be clean. I can't think of anything else nice to say except that the air conditioner worked.

On to the rest:

- Lamp on the dresser, unplugged and no outlet nearby.

- A door that connects to another room that had no lock on it. They had a small table pushed up against it as if that would provide some kind of security. Basically, if the person in the adjoining room wanted to get in, they just would have had to push lightly against the door.

- No remote for the TV

- No working phone. It rang at 1 in the morning, but all I heard was static. I never got a dial tone any other time I picked it up.

- The sink in the counter area didn't work (no water)

- There was an ice bucket, but no plastic bag for it and no glasses/cups. The ice machine was a cooler just outside my room with bags of ice that had become solid blocks that couldn't be broken up unless you brought your own ice pick.

- The bathroom sink worked and I had two washcloths, a foil packet of shampoo and two dingy-looking towels. No soap. That ended up being a moot point, however, since the shower didn't work. The cold water knob allowed a trickle of water to come out in the tub, but nothing from the hot water side. The thingie you pull to direct the water to the shower head was completely frozen in place. So it's either a "washcloth shower", or run a cold-water bath (assuming you brought your own drain stopper).

- There were little red ants everywhere--probably because of all the crumbs on the floor from previous guests. They're still crawling out of my laptop a day later (no Internet access, of course, but I didn't realistically expect that anyway). There were also a few spiders, presumably dining on the ants.

- The best part was the three-inch long roach that was hauling butt around the room until I managed to kick him outside.

- The 24-hour convenience center off the hotel lobby was closed.

The kicker to all this was when I was waiting for my taxi back to the airport in the morning. I went over to the "tourist table", and found a small brochure for the "Sun Fun Resort". Nothing in that brochure matched up with what I saw.

If you really need to stay at this place, opt for the more expensive rooms. I have no idea what they look like or if they're worth the money, but no one should have to experience what I did in their $70 "poolside" rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple