3,776 results
All reviews private beach the executive lounge paradise island day pass straw market business hotel cruise ship dunkin donuts senor frogs fish fry aqua restaurant bay street hotel beach senior frogs hotel guests food and drinks junkanoo beach
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The cost of staying here was not worth the benefit. I was very disappointed with the room and was very uncomfortable. I sneezed throughout the night because of the old carpet, musky air/smell and no view. I was later relocated to the 6th floor which was a little better. Customer service was not bad and the food was good, but I certainly will not be staying here on my next visit to Nassau.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Petal R
Reviewed 9 August 2017

British Colonial was indeed an excellent choice for a relaxing experience in Nassau. The location and environment were very conducive to our liking, which is more of a quiet, not many children experience. We thoroughly enjoyed the arrival of the cruise ships every morning and their departure every evening. Definitely would vacation at the British Colonial again. Facilities are very well kept and it's downtown location was convenient to shopping and other restaurants. Excellent choice.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Though there was only one other guest in front of me, the check-in took nearly 20 minutes. Service at the pool bar was prohibitively slow and the drinks were subpar, very weak pours. The wait service on the beach was non-existent. I was not able to place a drink order from my beach recliner the entire time of my stay. In fact, I ended up making it a practice of putting on my shirt, ballcap and flip-flops and walking over to Senor Frog's to grab drinks and then bring them back to the beach. This shaved 10-15 minutes off of wait time even with the five minute walk both ways. Not exactly the way I thought I would be enjoying my time away from work. Equally as bad, our room was attended to until after 5:00 PM two days. On another occasion I just asked for fresh towels at about 3:45 in the afternoon rather than have our evening disrupted again. All this despite mandatory resort and gratuity fees. Honestly, I felt insulted and embarrassed in front of my wife and children. I understand "Island Time", I've been to many. This was however not Island Time but rather more like "frozen in time". Complete waste of a vacation and 350,000 Honors points. My family and I will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank I6619XTscottr
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Our cruise ship stopped in Nassau for the day, so rather than spend a ton of money on one of the cruise day trips, we decided to book a day pass at this hotel. On the upside it was fairly easy to find and it was a quick 10 minute walk straight down the road.

Check-in was fairly painless and the staff behind the counter were friendly. We were told our passes gave us access to the pool, beach, paddle boards, snorkeling gear and towels. We also had a $40 food/beverage credit per person.

So we walked out and it was quite pretty, there are large double size hammocks, which were all spoken for and some shaded bed/couch type of thing, but you had to pay to rent them and then you would receive the top sheet part to create the shade over the top like a canopy. I asked how much for these and was told by the lady handing out towels, they were $50 for 1/2 a day and I would need to go back inside to pay if I wanted one. We ended up dragging pool chairs under one of the trees for some shade. All the chairs down on the beach where there was shade, had also already been spoken for.

The pool was clean, but small, but the beach was right there, so that didn't matter to us. My daughter liked hanging out in the water, but there were only two paddle boards available for use. This meant she had to wait a while until one was available. The water was warm and clean, and very refreshing. There was however quite a bit of seaweed in the area, which was a turn off for me, but my husband didn't mind it at all. Later in the afternoon we decided to get something to eat and drink. The menu they handed us was very short, and all the items were crazy expensive. A hamburger with fries was $20, add a drink for another $10-$15. That is your whole $40 credit once you add the tax in. We ended up passing on the food and just got a couple of drinks. I must say that the Bahama Mama was fantastic, so at least I was able to enjoy my drinks.

Sadly we just weren't enjoying ourselves enough to want to stay, so after only about 2 1/2 hours we left. We were traveling with a large group on the cruise, but had all split up for our day in Nassau. Once we were all back on the ship I kept hearing from my friends about how great their day trips had been. Apparently Sandles day pass is the way to go. That is where we will head the next time we take this cruise. In short the Hilton was "okay" but not worth the cost in my opinion.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank marciboden
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel was clean and the location was wonderful. The service was great. We could walk to some restaurants and the water taxi was nearby in walking distance as well. This hotel has a private beach that was very clean. There is nothing like the beautiful Bahamian Ocean. My room had a balcony that overlooked the courtyard and the beach beyond. It was very peaceful on the balcony. There was a nice area downstairs for lounging and watching television. There were seats in the courtyard before the beach as well. There was free Wi-Fi on the first floor only. All upper floors' Wi-Fi cost per night.

Room Tip: I would ask to face the courtyard/beach