See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We checked in after our flight was cancelled. There was no water in the room. Three times I asked if there would be water before 3AM, when we needed to leave. Three times I was told yes, don't worry about it. When 3AM arrived, there was no water for my wife and I. We could not shower, brush our teeth of flush the toilet. This place was a total dump. Stay away!!

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels are the best
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric06518
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Went to the Bahamas for my sister and mine birthday. Place served its purpose. Access to the city was easy through bus #10 which dropped us in front of the place, a small beach was just crossing the street, pizza place and a supermarket nearby! Not good for families with children but very good for those going to rest and unwind. Very friendly people mom and pop place that made you feel welcome.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Graceydiaz
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Pros: Nice people, AC works, clean w/ no bugs (just mosquitoes), cheaper than other places
Cons: No running water for shower or sink, spotty wi-fi, dimly lit, 752.52$ for 4 nights but no water, new towels had little curly hairs embedded in them,

I would never stay here again. This place almost ruined our vacation. We came to the Bahamas seeking rest and relaxation but half of the time the water was completely out and the other half it was barely a trickle. My husband and I had to go to bed sticky with salt, sunscreen, sand, and sweat in every crevice. He was rightfully upset and I grew desperate. I scoured other options to change our accommodations but the wi-fi kept going out. We had to grin and bear it. I've experienced these types of conditions before but that was expected for missions trips--not at all appropriate for a vacation with the hubby. My husband used to work in the hotel industry and agrees that Nettie's needs to shut down immediately and renovate their facilities.
My review from the 2nd night is below.

12/26: As I'm typing this, I am laying in my own filth--a unique blend of sunscreen, sweat, and sand. And I can't do anything about it. I can't shower let alone brush my teeth, or wash my face. The water has been out for the past 4+ hours at Nettie's. My husband and I had a fun-filled day of watching the Junkanoo parade and exploring the beaches. We were looking forward to going back to our lodgings and washing up. We can't even order their overpriced menu items since the water is down so we walk walk and walk to find the few food places that are open on Boxing Day holiday. We come back and the water is on for a brief moment so we can wash our hands. Then it is out again. The air conditioner works at least but it creates a cold clamminess in the room. We paid 50 usd for a dinner for two here--cracked conch, fried chicken, and a beer--super pricey. This place is tired and out of touch. I just want to brush my teeth. For paying over 700$ for our 4-night stay you'd think I'd be able to at least brush my teeth. Oh and the wifi is down most of the time and is down now so I'm typing this review into my iphone memopad so I can post it later when I get home. #miserable

Room Tip: Room 312 is by the side entrance.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace L
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We stayed here 30 years ago for our honeymoon, and went back to visit during a recent trip to the Bahamas. The owners/staff are just as warm and friendly and treat you just like family. The food is out of this world. The cracked conch is the best we have ever tasted. We are so glad we stopped by.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AJLIllinois
Reviewed 10 August 2016

So I visited the Bahamas and stayed at this quaint place. I really liked the Island feel and the price was right. it wasn't high tech, it wasn't gorgeous but for what I was doing it was ideal, I was just sleeping there to save money paid $120.00 for the night.The balconies have what I believe are guava fruit hanging and I must have eaten 10 of them. Across the street is the entry to the beach. Here is my take stay but only if you are a couple, or a few friends. This is not family friendly by any means, and it is dimly lit. No room service of any kind or internet access. Would I stay again? maybe but again just for one night.

Room Tip: In the case of this place it's six or half dozen!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo