See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Had a great time! The staff were very helpful when my buddy screwed up our key situation they got me sorted out in minutes. The location couldn't be better. Right across from the Irish Bank, which for a St. Patrick's Day weekend trip is perfect BTW. Close to China Town and within walking distance to the Embarcadero. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Wonderful location with a fantastic staff. On every occasion I entered the building I was greeting with a warm smile and a "welcome back!"
The location is right next to the Irish Bank and China Town and not far from the Bay.
I'm looking forward to returning and staying at the Orchard Garden in the future!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Value for the area, but you can get cheaper Airbnb. Wifi works only at the reception, they offer the most basic breakfast you can imagine, but at least there is one.
Basic retro furniture, however there was an aircon. It is far from downtown,but it is about 20-30 min walk from Paradise island where you can access a public beach.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank joyrnk
Reviewed 20 October 2017

In any respect inacceptable accomodation even for a low budget hotel. The whole place is completely run down and no longer taken care of: room run down and dirty with dangerous electrical wiring and mouldy bathroom. Rubbish and broken glass lying about on the terrace and outside the room, breakfast later than announced, so that we had to leave without it. Swimming pool closed "for maintenance". No credit cards accepted because machine was "out of order". Should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ute L
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a month this summer for work, two weeks in July and two weeks in August, and this place was phenomenal both stays. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. They helped me with ordering food, taxis, and recommendations for places to go, and I'm talking at any hour of the day/night! Definitely can't say that about most any place in the states. The property is beautiful and it's in an excellent location, walking distance from the beach and some great local eats. Contrary to some other reviews I read, I had great wifi, whether in my room or near the office. The hotel owner was usually around also and she's the sweetest lady on Earth. I'll definitely be back next summer!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business