“Feb 25-march 3 2012” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mankato, Minnesota
“Feb 25-march 3 2012”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The reviews that I read about the resort were right. It is quite dated. Lack of modern decor is not the major problem with this resort. It is the lack of service and cleanliness of the resort. The floors of my room and throughout the hotel were dirty and covered in hair and sand. This remained a problem even after the room and hotel floors were cleaned. Now on to the big bummer. Lack of service. We arrived at 3 pm by hotel shuttle, along with multiple people. However, after our long travel time and waiting our turn we were told that our ocean view deluxe suite was not available. We were instead given an ocean view 2 queen bed room for the night. There were no apologies and we felt that we had no choice. Off to our rooms we went, with no direction or help for our baggage. The next day we were given our new room keys at 2 pm, no apology, no offer to help move our baggage. Needless to say we were annoyed. There were 4 people in our party, my spouse and I were celebrating our 15th anniversary and one of our companions was celebrating his birthday. This was told to the hotel upon booking and arrival. My spouse and I were to have a complimentary bucket of sparkling wine and 2 t-shirts, this only happened after I requested it for 2 days in a row and finally called the front desk 4 times. We then had our nice drink at 11 pm. Our friend was to have a birthday cake delivered with a song at the Martinos. I filled out the form and gave it to the front desk and was assured that the cake would be delivered. It wasn't, I filled out the form another 2 times and then finally gave up. These things are trivial except there was frankly a lack of caring that I noticed from the front desk staff. Also, expect to walk for your own drinks...all the time. There is no wait staff at the beach or pool. Only at the buffet and in restaurants and don't count on help there either. All in all, the grounds and beach are beautiful. There are several watersports that are included which was nice. Another plus is that top shelf liquor is included. So, if you choose to go; drink the expensive drink and maybe you won't feel so bad that you have to serve yourself.

Room Tip: Ocean view room has a nice view if you are on the side facing the pool. I would request a room on t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,466)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Breezes in the Bahamas!!!!..a great and fun time for all....my spouse and I visited this resort during the month of January....nice place, great staff,the best buffets and wait staff, AWESOME entertainment, (the best at any of the breezes we have been to)...good location....we had the best time with the staff...Bullet, Jason and many more...there are the best!! We just came back from another Breezes in Curacao, nothing close to the one in the Bahamas....Although, we were going to take a trip back with some friends, and found out that one of the entertainment group (Bullet) was gone...therefore, because THEY made are trip so much fun, we will not be returning....it was an experience that one would never forget!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 4eversunny
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Was looking for a relaxing, quality all inclusive vacation with a friend. What we got was a resort that looked like it was straight from the 70's era with the florescent orange, green and yellow decor. The entire place was not clean, the public bathrooms were disgusting. The sheets did not fit the bed and by morning your feet were on a bare mattress. The walls are paper thin and you hear EVERYTHING and all hours. Sleep was not a part of our stay. The buffets and the restaurants left so much to be desired it was almost a joke. Making dinner reservations was so much of a hassle by the end of the stay we gave up. I had read in a review right before we left for the vacation about the smell in the piano bar but I figured how bad could it be?? Well it's bad. Really bad. They obviously try to cover it up with probably the same air freshners used in urinals. It was unbearable. That was really the only place with some version of classy atmosphere and the smell drove us away. So disappointing.

The beach was ok... if you don't mind being asked every 15 minutes if you would like "coral reef snorkeling, jet skiing, beach wraps, bracelets or your hair braided." I appreciate the offers but saying no all day long was obsurd. The bars did have suitable drink choices with a nice selection of liquor. That was pleasantly surprising. But don't go with any expectations for the food because you will be thoroughly disappointed. Any complaints brought to the front desk manager was pushed to the side with her eye rolls... customer service and making sure guests were comfortable is not a priority. This reminded me of a place I would have gone on a college spring break and unless you don't mind being harrassed by single men I don't advise staying here.

The poolside entertainment was a joke, the music could barely be heard. Childish organized games went on here and there that were plain annoying. On the beach, a football game and they were literally throwing the football over the heads of those laying on beach chairs. This was organized by hotel staff...

Next time I'll pay a little bit more to get a lot more for my money. I don't imagine this place will be in business for long once the new resorts open down the street...

2 Thank Jeanna C

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Mankato, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I just returned from 5 days at this resort with a group of 25. It took a little longer for our transportation to arrive, which was a little annoying...."10 more minutes. 10 more minutes..."
Once we arrived, we were taken to the ballroom area for private check in that went quick and smooth. Everyone in the group seemed to be happy with their rooms. Very few complaints or problems. My concern was that these were "deluxe oceanview" and in my opinion should have been labeled "partial oceanview". This resort has no balconies. They're "french balconies" which means you have about 6 inches in which to stand, and forget about sitting on the balcony! Breezes is going to a completely non-smoking resort. All smoking has to be done outside. The buffet food was so-so. I was not impressed and rarely ate in the morning. The food at the snack bar was actually fairly good! Good burgers! Didn't care much for the conch fritters. The lunch buffet was better most of the time than the supper buffet. Marios restraunt was awsome! The food was great with great service! The bartenders were efficient and friendly. The gals working the pool bar were the best, however they would run out of light beer...daily! Throughout the week we noticed a lot of injured people! A couple fell on the slippery floors. One lady was walking around with a cane. One had a nasty black eye. One lady went on the booze cruise and fell and broke her hip! It cost her about 20 grand (up front!) to get air lifted back to the states! Crazy!! Luckily there were no injuries in our group! A good time was had by all!

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any "quiet" rooms at this resort!
3 Thank TravelgalMankato
PEI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

If you get a really cheap price, this place is ok. The buffet food was quite good, especially breakfast. The rooms were large and clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the beach wasn't very good. There was alot of debris, including broken glass, on the breach and alot of moss in the water (which was very deep close to shore). The sand was also very course, so not great for walking barefoot. The entertainment was bad 70s music in the ugliest room I've ever seen (neon plastic chairs) and there are really no quiet areas on the resort where you can sit and have a drink. The "piano bar" is a small, dark room which does in fact have a piano, but no one played it all week. The Pina Coladas and Daquiries weren't very good. Overall, it was a bit disappointing and nowhere near as nice as Varadero, Cuba, where I've been twice (GREAT beach). But for the price we paid, we enjoyed a few days of warm weather and got to see downtown Nassau, which was nice. I'd go to the Bahamas again, but not this resort and I'd wait until March since the weather in February was a bit on the cool side. Better for young drunks, not great for romance.

4 Thank FoodAddictPEI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7.2 km away
1.9 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
4.6 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!