“Not really for cealiacs”

Bahamian Cookin' Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 304 Restaurants in Nassau
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Bahamian Cookin Restaurant & Bar is Nassau's oldest Bahamian Restaurant,specializing in authentic Bahamian Cuisine.Owned and operated by 3 generations of Bahamian women, this local establishment has been providing Bahamians and tourists with flavorful Bahamian Cuisine for over 29 years.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Unfortunately after asking for a glutenfree dish all I was offered was steamed or grilled fish and peas'n'rice. I took the latter, which was tasting good. My friend took the conch salad, which I tasted (with no problems afterwards, so probably glutenfree) and which tasted pretty good - if you like conch. My other friends went for seafood platter and another dish where everything was fried. They thought it was okay. To be fair I have to say, that we are not into the Bahamian way of cooking and where pretty disappointed with the cooking culture overall. The restaurant is very central but in a little sidestreet.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We took my daughter on s cruise for her birthday. Because I had broken my knee, we couldn't go to our usual local spots and thought we would try this restaurant based on reviews. When we walked in, they were very friendly but, the place reared of bleach. The conch fritters were lacking in conch and they never brought my conch salad.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Came here on a walking/culinary tour the first time. Knew that when we returned, we would come straight here for lunch. Everything was fresh, hot, and delicious. Ms. Wallace is a wonderful hostess and chef. Very small, but perfectly cozy. Easy access from the port.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I wanted to find a restaurant that would give me a good experience for the local cuisine and found this online. It is within downtown Nassau and an easy walk from the cruise ship dock. I order a seafood platter that came with fried conch, grouper and fried shrimp. I chose a side of potato salad. The price was about $25 but enough to share for 2 for lunch. The food was very good, lightly breaded and very fresh. The potato salad was definitely fresh made and good. Our waitress told us she has been working there for 27 years. I would recommend it for local cuisine. I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Did the sample menu as part of a food tour. It was really great cooking, loved the chicken! The story behind the restaurant is inspiring!

1  Thank bubbelbine