“Nice Place, Good Service and quick food”

East Villa Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 330 Restaurants in Nassau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Went for lunch with the wife and a friend and it was a great experience. Mon-Fri has a great value lunch special - soup, main course and rice of the day for about $10. Can't beat that here in a nice place. First time I had sweet & sour soup (so nothing to compare to) and I just loved it. I had General Tso's Chicken. I went with "medium" heat but it really was not spicy at all (should have gone with hot). So it was a little sweet without the heat to offset it but our friend tasted it and she loved it (more than her sweet & sour chicken - which she enjoyed). My wife had the lemon chicken and loved it too. Plenty of food for lunch (I was the only one who came close to finishing it all). The service was attentive (though on a Monday for lunch at 12 it was very sparse). The music was soothing (soft pop) and the atmosphere was very nice. I recommend it for the best combination of value and experience. They have parking. On the map it says it's by Elizabeth Street but it is way down the road, past the bridge and past harbor bay shopping center on east bay St. It's on the right hand side and has parking. Apparently it's been here for a long time and they have a piano player in the evenings.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

East Villa provides excellent, FRESH, food from its varied menu.
The manager promptly seated us and the waitstaff provided us with excellent service.
We return again and again to our favorite Chinese restaurant, East Villa.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

After living in New York and Miami, I didn't know that a Chinese restaurant of this calibre would be available in Nassau. Wow! Was I mistaken! We were greeted by the friendly and charming owner and were escorted to a delightful table. We explained that two of the four in our party could not eat meat or onions. She thoughtfully reviewed the menu and guided us to a mouth-watering, exceptional dining experience! After the unusual and fantastic seafood tofu soup, we were served original and inventive platters of native foods; steamed garlic grouper, a conch dish and lobster. We didn't know which dish we enjoyed the most. Some of the vegetables, like the bean sprouts, are organically grown by the owner & chef. The authentic and flavorful food was delicious! The wait staff were prompt, polite and attentive to our needs. The ambiance was relaxing and we watched as the restaurant filled with many Sunday afternoon regulars. We can see why! This is a "must place to visit" if you're in Nassau. We will definitely come again.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

It's really simple, if you can't get fried rice right there is no reason to stay open. Light years ahead of Summer Palace in downtown it is worth the drive/cab fare. Only downside they don't do fortune cookies on carry out....WTH is that? It's like not doing chop sticks. Friendly folks and nice décor. If you have a craving for Chinese while in Bahamas make the trek to this side of town and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Hubby & I have dined here a few times over the past years and the food is always consistently good. Hubby ordered the shrimp lo mein which I decided to share with him considering I wasnt feeling hungry. Out of curiosity I asked him how many shrimps did he eat . He ate two and I ate one. We informed our waiter because we figured there is no way one dish will be served with three pieces of shrimp. Anyway our waiter came back and informed us the chef stated it was served with the standard six. (Of course his word against ours). We let it go although I was of the impression they would want to ensure their customer's concerns were addressed rather than indirectly accusing us of lying about a few pieces of shrimp. Other than that little hiccup the dish was very delicious and lychee martini's were also pretty good. The service was also excellent. All the waiters were very attentive.