“Loud but good”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

So a group of my friends went there to celebrate our birthdays and other accomplishments for these past four months. Well, the food was good. The service was average.. The waiter never bought back our change. He just took it upon himself to keep it. The music was loud..I mean really loud that you have to shout over it to have a conversation. At one point we told the waiter to turn it down and he yelled downstairs to tell them to lower the volume. You couldn't tell the difference. Look, it could have been worse but it could have been a whole lot better. I think I'll go back to my old favorite and wait till I hear that they have improved their ambience before I return.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Seafront Sushi has been a favorite and popular sushi restaurant for a number of years. I enjoy their roles (Bahama Dream) and their special fried rice.

It is not a spot to go to if you are in a hurry to eat. They seem to have a problem balancing the service time for in house versus take out service. If you happen to be there when there is a heavy take out demand you can easily wait 45 minutes for your meal. During my last visit (and as a result will be a while before I return) our roles took about 30 minutes and the rice order arrived 15 minutes later. If was like having two different meals.
TIP: If you visit this restaurant and intend to order fried rice place the order as you are seated because it takes then much longer to prepare it (not sure why).
Hopefully manager will read this review and consider some changes for its in house customers.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Went with my friend Kim and the good was excellent. The service was great as well. Highly recommend the volcano roll and the fried shrimp shumai.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Some friends and I went here for dinner on a Saturday night after arriving back in Nassau from a dive trip. My buddies had sushi which they said was very good, while I had the teriyaki salmon which was also very good.

The service was prompt with the exception of one order which seemed to get lost but when it arrived was declared delicious.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Whilst my friends love sushi and think that Seafront Sushi is good value for all it's misgivings, if you aren't a sushi eater just don't bother.

I ordered steak medium rare, my usual cop out at a sushi restaurant. It came, I cut a chunk out of it, saw that it was medium and immediately summoned the waiter to send it back. He apologised and said they would bring me a new one, what happened next left me flabbergasted. The same plate returned, same salad, same fries and same steak but now cooked to within an inch of its life. How putting a medium steak back on the grill was going to make it medium rare was something I had never considered.

After calling the waiter over again, I sent it back. He insisted that they would get me a new steak, I told him not to bother as he had already had two chances.

Date of visit: April 2017