Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
eDreams
Hotels.com
3,347 results
All reviews cruz bay public ferry mango deli trunk bay bedroom villa thomas airport ferry service three bedroom per person kids club morgan's mango time share beautiful island john resort golf cart national park your luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

Bought a week off of Redweek back in June for the holidays. Had a year-end chance to go with wife daughter and son, both in college. We are Marriott Vacation Club members and saw this resort on a prior trip. The Westin is a well run resort, staff is friendly, Westin boat taxi service is a hard working group that keeps you moving from St. Thomas to St. John’s. The villas are nicely appointed and have many amenities. They include the Westin Heavenly Bed. For a week, life was great. See I’m a sheep farmer, I sometimes sleep with them. I sleep in the straw. Anyway, the bed is wonderful. Shower, has the rain spout and was nice. The pool is huge and the beach is beautiful. I would go explore the beaches along the North Coast. Some of the nicest in the world. Lots of cabs. Friendly drivers. Beautiful aqua water. Great, but pricey food in Cruz Bay. We chilled for a week and loved it!

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank yert
Reviewed 29 December 2020

Staff at airport upgraded our room given availability - a very nice gesture. Restaurant, beach, multiple pools, taxi stand, tennis courts, etc. - all very conveniently accessible. A wonderful full service resort for a vacation.

Room tip: Villas are farther away, but have private small pool areas
Reviewed 28 December 2020

The resort is committed to coming back after the 2 hurricanes. All the staff are over the top accommodating. Having the heavenly bed in paradise is very hard to beat! The pool area is pretty and there are plenty of cleaned chairs and towels.
Jenny at concierge is very helpful. Mango Deli perfect for snacks with a fabulous variety. Snorkels great for a beach lunch. Having a small kitchen and washer and dryer is such an added benefit! My only feedback would be greater disclosure about the price of the round trip ferry - $120 per person! Also, the Westin ferry timing options are VERY limited in regard to airport departures. We wasted a lot of time in the airport due to their limited ferry schedule. The island has tons to offer and The Westin is a nice home base .

3  Thank laurenc598
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

We spent the week of Christmas at the Westin St John resort this year. We love St John and enjoyed our vacation but would not recommend the Westin St John because of its very poor customer service.

I am a very loyal Westin customer and choose their properties for both business and personal travel. I am a Bonvoy Platinum Elite member and like the Westin brand in most locations.

This property is a time share location and if you’re not a member, you get subpar service. The hotel cancelled all housekeeping services while we were here “due to COVID” but didn’t inform us of that policy until a week before our arrival date and well after the cancellation period. They didn’t make any rate adjustments and likely created the policy to cut expenses, not out of concern for their employees.

In contrast, the Ritz Carlton St Thomas residences where we are staying the second week of our vacation has not cancelled housekeeping services.

A dat before departure,I requested a two hour late check out which I am guaranteed as a Platinum Elite member. I was told yes by one staff member, and then told no several an hour later. The front desk staff member suggested I was lying about the conversation I had one hour earlier @ the front desk in person, confirming a noon checkout.

I was this called back on my cell phone several
hours later, by someone who said she was the Front Desk manager, offering me an 11:00 check out, which I accepted. This morning, I went back to the room after exercising at 9:58 and they had shut off our keys to the room, and proceeded to call multiple times to nag us about leaving early.

As an aside, checkout at this property is 10:00 AM but the ferry service at the hotel has no ferry departing until 11:30 - poor scheduling as everyone has to gather outside waiting and makes social distancing challenging.

I complained to the concierge about this entire situation and received no call from the general manager and no follow up to discuss my complaints. They did try to get me to sit through one of their timeshare sales presentations, which I found very ironic given the terrible customer service experience.

I would highly recommend a different property like the Ritz Carlton if you want an excellent customer experience and value for the price. The two hotels charge the same rate for these two weeks and the value at the Westin is far lower.

3  Thank 616franw
Reviewed 18 December 2020 via mobile

The Westin in St Johns is resort right on the beach with crystal clear waters and a very peaceful seating area. The workers here are very friendly and always say hello when passing by you. My family and I went on the night kayaking excursion with glow paint and lights and we had a blast with Tree and Spencer! Not only are those guys fun and cool but they helped my sister when a fish decided to jump into our boat! We definitely recommend this resort!