Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,379 results
All reviews cruz bay public ferry mango deli trunk bay bedroom villa thomas airport ferry service per person kids club morgan's mango time share heavenly bed cinnamon bay full kitchen beautiful island john resort golf cart
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

A great resort, clean comfortable and helpful staff. The grounds were manicured with shuttles for anywhere you needed to go. The best part was the cats. Our kids really enjoyed being able to feed them.

Trip type: Travelled with family
samuelhugli, General Manager at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2019

Thank you A1891EMcarol for your compliments regarding our hard working gardening and customer service staff here at The Westin St John Resort Villas. Our teams take great pride in the service they provide to each and every guest here at the resort and we are glad to hear your experience with your family was a memorable one.

Reviewed 19 March 2019

At the time of our visit, resort was just coming back online post-Irma. Some things are not quite up to speed, both on the grounds and certainly not in St. John. Possibly that was reflected in the attitude of some the staff...it was our 1st visit, so we can't know for sure. Beautiful resort, island, etc. Great snorkeling on the north shore.

Room tip: bring coffee!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Trip53252688057
samuelhugli, General Manager at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2019

Thank you Trip53252688057 for your TripAdvisor review with reference to your recent stay. Yes, St John is still in recovery mode. The rebuild of our paradise in the middle of the Caribbean is an ongoing effort across the island. St Johnians take great pride in our recovery efforts, so we appreciate your understanding in the accomplishments being made in getting ourselves back online post Irma and Maria and hosting visitors like yourself at our resort.

Reviewed 18 March 2019

I booked a three bedroom villa with a private pool and hot tub. Our plan was just to relax by the pool and wind down from an agenda packed week. We arrived at the hotel at about 12:15, checked in and were informed that our room was not ready. No problem, we hadn’t had lunch so we left our bags with the staff and went to the pool restaurant for lunch. After lunch, we sat next to the pool and had a few cocktails while we waited for our room. At about 3:15 I checked with the front desk and was told our room was ready. I paid the lunch and bar tab and gathered everyone up to walk to our villa.
At about 3:30 we were taken to a room on the second floor of one of the buildings. Upon entering the room I immediately picked up the phone to inform the staff there had been a mistake- this was obviously not a villa and there was no private pool. After a few minutes of research the person on the phone informed me that they had over booked the villas. However, they did not mention anything about a room rate adjustment (they did not mention the amount of the adjustment, and only mentioned it when I asked). It is important to note that at this juncture, it had been around 4 hours since we checked in and this is the first time anything was said about not being able to get us in the villa we previously booked and no mention of any reduced room rate.
I politely let them know that was not going to work for our group as the villa with private pool was a key selling point for our group in staying at your resort. I asked to speak to a manager in an attempt to resolve the situation. I was placed on hold for 20 minutes, while the six of us waited in the room. I was then told that they could put me in a villa for that day, but we would have to change to a different villa the following day. Keep in mind were only at the resort for two days. Obviously our group was not happy with having to move, given the short duration of our stay, but, we understand things can happen and our plan was to go ahead and move into the villa and relax by our pool.
Another 20 minutes passed and a bellman showed up to move us to the villa. We arrived at the villa at about 4:30, only to find out the villa had not been cleaned from the prior guests. There were dishes in the sink, what appeared to be lizard feces on the kitchen floor, dirty countertops and all the towels and bed linens were dirty. So once again I picked up the phone with the staff to inform them of the condition of the room. Approximately 30 minutes later a housekeeper showed up to start cleaning the room. At this point, all of our luggage was just sitting on the porch while the staff cleaned the room. Finally, at 7:00 pm the room was cleaned and we were allowed to move into the villa, but having lost almost a full day of our use of the villa. The worst part is, we basically had to sit there, wasting our valuable time, doing nothing as we were not informed how long it would take to clean the villa and all of our clothes were in bags.
I again called to the front desk with a request to speak to a manager and was told that they would get back to me. Shortly thereafter, a Westin employee arrived at our villa. I expressed my extreme disappointment with what had transpired and the fact that we had now wasted almost half of our stay just trying to get in our room, sitting around, waiting to unpack our bags. I asked her to find out what was happening with respect to the plan to move us the next day, as I didn’t want a repeat of what happened the first day. I was assured that they would get back to me and let me know.
I never heard back from the staff. At 9:30 the next morning the bellman that had moved our luggage (twice) now showed up at our villa because we were on the checkout list. Upon arrival, the bellman apologized and told us the situation with our room was not acceptable. Despite the hassle of having to repack all of our bags again (we had been on a yacht charter for the prior 7 days, with six people, so packing, repacking and moving our heavy bags was no small matter), we all repacked. We got dressed and went down to the main resort pool for breakfast, assuming the next villa would be ready to move into after breakfast. At about 10:15 am I told the rest of our party to finish breakfast and I went to the front desk to speak to a manager. I was told the manager was in a meeting and the person at the desk did some research to find out we indeed were switching villas however the new villa was not ready yet but they would rush and finish.
We got all of our luggage ready and at about 11:30 the bell rang and one house keeping staff was there to prepare the first night’s villa for other incoming guests. However, nobody arrived to give us our keys to the new villa and transport our bags. So, at about 12:30, I once again walked down to the desk and this time was able to speak with the manager and expressed the chain of events. She assured me they would get thinks expedited. I suggested they maybe take the person tasked with preparing and cleaning our first villa to help the person get the new villa ready. About 1:00 the bellman showed up to move us over. Prior to doing so he thought it would be a good idea to make sure the new villa was ready, so the problems we had moving into the first villa would not be repeated.
He returned and, as hard as it is to believe, the new villa was still being cleaned. Our bags are now all packed, sitting on the porch of our villa (along with all of our clothes) and yet again, we are stuck in a holding pattern. We are left with no choice but to simply sit and wait. At 2:30 we were finally informed the new villa was ready- our third move in a period of 2 days!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank robm4595
samuelhugli, General Manager at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2019

Dear robm4595, firstly, our deepest apologies to you and your family for the multiple villa moves and also for not exceeding above and beyond the level of service deserved during your visit. We are sorry to hear these issues occurred. Please be assured we have addressed your experience with the team to guarantee we improve on the check-in process. Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 18 March 2019 via mobile

So happy and impressed to see the beautiful recovery of the Westin St.
John post hurricane Irma.

The property plantings, pool,
Beach, and facilities are better than before and our villa unit was completely renovated with new appliances and furniture.

Pros -stars of the Westin team...
Stan is the best concierge that we have worked with at any Westin property. He was so welcoming to our children and helped us with a private charter and special dinner arrangements

Janice helped our family throughout our stay. I joked with her that she is literally every where helping with serving lunch, pool service, deli, etc. She was helpful in all roles she played and was so kind to our family.

Cons-
1) Other than Stan there was no help at the concierge. On days when Stan was off I could not get any help with reservations for restaurants or activities. They were more interested in sending me to a time share presentation than helping me with the current ownership help that I needed as a guest.

2) Snorkels is fine for lunch, but more options or expanded menu is a must!

3) More bug bites than I’ve ever had in STJ. Resort needs more remedies for the insects. Not sure if construction related but hoping this is temporary

4) I miss the main lobby at the top of the hill. The current set up looks a bit off. Hope they replace the current structure with something more!

All in all... it was a great trip and can’t wait to return. A few improvements will get the resort back to the 4/5 start resort it once was!

1  Thank family52018
samuelhugli, General Manager at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2019

Thank you family52018 for your thorough review of your recent stay with us here at The Westin St. John Resort Villas. This is wonderful! It is truly rewarding when our colleagues are acknowledged for going above and beyond in their service delivery. I will be sure to recognize Stan and Janice for their outstanding performances during your visit. Chef Oliver is working on our Snorkels menu by adding a weekly Caribbean Seafood Night to our Thursday evening calendar and our Mango Deli is adding new items daily to our selection. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 16 March 2019 via mobile

The staff couldn’t be more accommodating and sweet. The setting for a resort is what you would expect and more. The bummer is the quality of the food. They need to take it up a level to match the rest of the offering.

1  Thank altadog2002

Thank you altadog2002 for your review. Chef Oliver and our Food & Beverage team are working diligently on getting Snorkels a wider menu selection along with daily specials and adding weekly, themed dinner events. Our Mango Deli has new items arriving daily; including a pizza oven and gourmet sandwiches. I have gladly passed on your praise to our staff, who strive everyday to bring the best customer service on St. John to wonderful guests like yourself. We look forward to your next visit with us here at The Westin St. John Resort Villas.