All reviews nant ddu lodge evening meal lamb superior room brecon beacons steam room birthday treat food was lovely an overnight stay prawn cocktail pen y fan continental breakfast both nights lick of paint full body massage enjoyable stay lovely pool
Reviewed 18 February 2018

My husband surprised me with a night here and a meal as a late valentine surprise,as he was working away on the day. The room was lovely,spacious and clean.Dressing gowns and slippers provided with hot drinks and bottled water. There were little niggles like a small selection of hot drinks just nescafe or tea and no biscuits. For nearly £150 a night you expect a bit more.I have these things at £60 per night places. I still would have given it 5 star though as the room was so nice and the bed was massive. The problem was the sleep. It was not one bed but two pushes together.This wouldn't be a problem,hotels do this so they can maximise the room. The problem was one bed was higher then the other causing a painful ridge in the centre and the bed in general was very uncomfortable.My husband and i tossed and turned all night and got up with very sore backs. The mark is low as the bed is a very important part of any stay, probably at least 50%.We didn't stay for breakfast as we were still full from our meal in the bistro the night before,but if its anything like the evening meal im sure it would have been delicious

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your visit to us. We like most hotels don't push beds together but use super king size zip & link beds. This gives us flexibility with room set ups. Normally you cant feel the join, but i will look into why you could. I am sorry. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Stayed for one night whilst travelling north. Always wanted to stay here. It was OK(ish). Room was fine well presented and spacious, but finer detail was lacking. Had to ring reception for Wi-Fi connection details as it wasn't provided. Wi-Fi in the room was very slow non existent at times. If you've got Vodafone you won't have a signal. Décor is very worn especially in the corridors, thread bare carpet and well marked doors. Staff were pleasant enough especially breakfast staff. Breakfast was fine, good choice of fruit etc and full cooked was as you would expect. Was it a WAW factor stay, no it wasn't.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JimCardiganWales

Thank you for your valued feedback. We use it to plan improvements which are underway. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Had extremely enjoyable birthday at nant ddu ! Staff were fantastic all polite , warm and helpful particularly Mary in bistro what a gem . The room was comfortable with beautiful views of Welsh countryside ! Spa was a haven for relaxation just needed after week in work . My favourite part my stay was bistro honestly I've eaten in Michelin star and never eaten such beautiful food it was taste sensation with different taste to compliment the palette .i recommend the rack of lamb so nice tender and melt in mouth delicious !!Breakfast was lovely and plenty for all tastes ... thank you nant ddu for making my birthday so special look forward to coming again :)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BackPacker714747

Thank you so much for review of your Birthday visit. I am delighted you had a great birthday. Remember we all have 364 UN-birthdays a year, so book again soon. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Booking: Check in time is at 3pm, and checkout is 11am the next morning. I feel that the check In time is too late and it should be 11am in the morning as I feel your paging abit too much for such a late check in!
Our Room: Our room was not the best which I found a let down! The decor is dated, lamp shade by the bedside is broke on the inside and looks awful when turned on. Had cobwebs hanging from the ceiling above the bed, and over the other side of the room. The furniture is all strached and needs either 're vanishing or replacing.
Food: The food was ok although once again don't feel it's worth what you are paying for it. The service was good, although I heard who I believe to be the hostess an older lady saying where are all the youngsters they are meant to be out here working not standing around chatting so some staffing issues there maybe need to be looked at!!!
I feel you get more if you pay for a half day spa for less the price compared to staying overnight!!
Spa facilities: The tiles need a good clean and the hydro pool needs to be sorted as well with chipped tiles and the headrests coming off the side often!!
Overall I'm gutted to say I was disappointed as I was looking forward to a little break! Not sure if we will be returning unfortunately.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We will use your feedback. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and friends have been visiting Nant Ddu Spa for well over 10 years. The last few times we have noticed that standards have definitely dropped from our original visit.

We arrived on Sunday 4th Feb for our long awaited relaxation trip to Nant ddu to be checked in by a young receptionist who was very blunt, proceeded to tell us our room wouldn't be ready until 3pm , however we could start to use the facilities. We asked if we could have our complementary gown and slippers as we had in previous years and were informed that actually no we couldn't have them and they would be in our room. My friend questioned this as our treatments were at 2.30pm , we were then told to come to reception at 2pm to collect the gowns and slippers (this was at 10.30 am). We all felt we couldn't enjoy the spa facilities as we would have to re dress from our swimwear to go to reception to collect our robes etc to then dress again in our swimwear ready for our treatments. No explanation was given as to why this had changed just it was tough that they dont give the robes on arrival anymore. We felt we wasted the morning when we could of been relaxing straight away.

The food as usual was delicious and we were greated by the wonderful Mary who always makes us feel like royalty.

The treatment was wonderful and it was nice to see more choice on the spa menu. I opted for the candle massage - i paid a supplementary charge but it was worth it and the beauty therapist was lovely.

Back to the pool side ( when we eventually were given our robes) :-

The tiles around the pool wall are dirty and look as though they need a power wash or a good scrub. Some of the Jacuzzi tiles around the side are all broken and my friend actually hurt her foot on the floor tiles on the jacuzzi as some are missing and the floor uneven. My lounger was near the doorway into the garden and the grouting was coming away and there was a pile of earth/ powder on the floor from the tiles.

Our room -

it was great to see that the room had been refurbished and was looking lovely. It was a nice treat to have complimentary shampoo conditioner etc, however it was a shame to see that there is no longer a dvd player.

The evening meal - the waitress greated us then mentioned that there was a table for 2 booked even though there were 3 of us waiting to be seated.

The following day we enjoyed our breakfast and even ended our stay with a light lunch. The waitress was lovely, we all felt sorry for her and that she seemed rushed off her feet and running the show on her own. Our order for deserts was forgotten about but we did have them free of charge as we waited 30-40 mins.

As much as i enjoyed the company and the break away from the children/ work etc i feel as though Nant Ddu has lost the personal touch. In the past I've always been made to feel so special, i save up for my weekend away with the girls and this time just felt deflated. Its the little things that count. The receptionists attitude and the way 2 of them spoke to us throughout our stay was terrible.

Your front of house staff are supposed to make an impression and to be honest the impression we all had was not a good one.

For this reason our weekend away from normality will not be at Nant Ddu again ( which is such a shame as we have had some wonderful times there ).

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerry T
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review. I am disappointed that you did not wish to discuss it with me in person and sort it out at the time. Simon Daniel - General Manager