All reviews nant ddu lodge evening meal lamb superior room brecon beacons steam room birthday treat food was lovely an overnight stay prawn cocktail pen y fan continental breakfast both nights lick of paint full body massage enjoyable stay lovely pool
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Had offer through email - £65 for two people and two twenty five min treatments. Rang up and booked. Explained the deal and she said it was available on the day. Came to pay and it was £110 with an extra :£28 for lunch (which we had and didn't mind paying for). Explained the situation and after 10 mins of going around the block they refunded me the £28 for lunch and therefore it was £110. Same price for £65 for two spa day and lunch. All fine and happyish. However wouldn't go back or trust their offers again.
My manicure - a Jessica - painted on very badly and extremely thick. Now two days later has chipped on 4 nails. Great! I'm also 8 months pregnant and wanted a really good rest day however it was spoilt in those ways. I would not go back again. Such a shame as it could be so much more but it is not even a 3star in my book.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michele P
Vanessa P, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Dear Michele P

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Naturally I am disappointed to learn that you have not fully enjoyed your spa day with us, so please accept my apologies for any disappointment.

I am sorry that there seems to have been some confusion as to what package you had booked, but I am happy that my team resolved any discrepancies. It is saddening to learn that you would not return or trust any future offers, as I believe it was a genuine human error regarding the package booking. I apologise if this had such a negative impact on your visit to us.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Just off the main road through to Brecon. I believe it's a 3 star hotel which I thought it exceeded by far.
Had dinner there in the pub and I thought food quality was great. The pool and steam rooms was a nice surprise. Good value overall - worth a visit guys.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank John M

Dear JPMcQ

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Quite a nice location - although relatively isolated. OK value - for this price nice to have a pool and a steam room etc.
But it feels a bit unloved and the service is OK but quite hesitant.
In contrast to the rooms the restaurant is overpriced for what it is. I ordered a steak which was probably served as it would have been in a very average pub 20 years ago - but was todays prices,

Room Tip: Take trunks/costumes and have a skim.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Paul S

Thank you for your recent review.

I am naturally disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy all aspects of our service and facilities, and I apologise if we did not meet your expectations. I am however somewhat perplexed by your feedback on our food, as the vast majority of our guests give very positive feedback on this, but I am sorry if this was not the case for you.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Visited with my partner and upgraded free of charge.
staff very helpful and food was amazing.
we also enjoyed using the spa facilities.
Would definitely return to the lodge again and would also consider visiting just for food.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Vanessa P, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Lauren O

Thank you so much for your 5* review, your comments are very much appreciated by all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The food is excellent and the salon staff give excellent service.
The cleanliness is awful and so bad are the showers we left without showering
The filth is nothing short of lazy
A relaxing day spoilt by kids screaming jumping and using all the facilities where it says they shouldn't and when the receptionist was queries about this she advised she has forgotten to ask them to leave and that basically she wasn't going to either
Our table in the restaurant was that sticky the poor waitress could hardly take the plates away
Disappointed does not come close when this was supposed to be a special day

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends