Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,408 results
All reviews heavenly days lobster sunset cruise all inclusive plan gift shop all inclusive package family owned water toys beach front rum punch st thomas laid back sand fleas sea grass beachfront room paddle boards swim up bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2020

I’m writing to discuss my recent stay at your establishment. I was vacationing with my fiancé, celebrating his birthday a VERY embarrassing & disappointing. Between being given inaccurate information about this facility., a rusty area, that was shown to us as a gym area, our moldy room that we walked into & immediately had to switch rooms, which didn’t have as nice a ocean view. The Second room that they switched us to, my fiancé and I had to clean ourselves. It was dirty. I swept out french fries & bread from another guest must’ve stayed there who knows how long ago. That Just put a bad taste in her mouth from the very beginning. Offers were made for us to try to get into another resort but it was just too inconvenient to have to move so we had to stay and make the best of it but overall it was just very disappointing!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samwon2012
Reviewed 21 August 2020

But, I'm willing to try if it will save some others the agony we endured. So you are so excited to finally get to the island and enjoy the beauty, one problem....the resort! I came with a large group of people and we paid for the beachfront all inclusive. Their website lies, do not trust the pictures. Our beachfront was a joke. you have two sets of stairs to go down before you get to the small little area of nasty beach with human eating sand fleas. They claim they want to save the environment, so they will send housekeepers once during your week long stay. Don't get the towels dirty because they claim they have no extras. smh We even went to try and get beach towels from their little hut on the beach. It's hit or miss if someone is actually working in there. When they are, guess what? You're out of luck. No beach towels either.

The room, that's a nightmare. I read reviews before we booked, but thought maybe it was just snotty people being extra harsh. Well, trust me, I should have listened. I don't care about the tiny shower you can hardly get in to, but when you picture dirty, it is beyond gross. I have two videos that are too large to attach that prove what I'm talking about. They're too large to attach. Darn my luck!don't see a way to attach pictures or videos or I would.

We got the all inclusive package. Well, hahaha, none of these people have been to a real all inclusive resort or they would know that what we got was NOT all inclusive. They make you wait at the bar for at least 10 minutes and finally when someone else notices you, they'll get someone to show up and make you a drink. Rudely, serve you. They are annoyed that you have the nerve to actually place an order. you have to sign for every drink you get. Make you request a reservation, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Always the same menu. If you are lucky you only have to wait 30 minutes for the check they make you sign for your all inclusive meal. One couple left without signing their ticket. Went back to their room at the other end of the resort and went to bed. They got a phone call demanding they get back up their and sign the freaking check for that all inclusive meal.

We gave up and went to the store and bought or own beer and alcohol. Thought oh well, all we need them for is ice, right. Jokes on us. The only ice machine was broken. Told the office three times and they acted like they didn't know about it each time. Finally one day, that "family owned" property owner, overheard that we couldn't get ice. Yes, the bartender told us we couldn't get it from him as the ice at the bar wasn't for public use. Really, we are considered, public users? We paid a nice chunk of money to be your guest. SMH Anyways, they finally got the machine fixed. Don't be mistaken about the owner, he sits idly by and listens to his employees talk to you rudely and does not care at ALL!!!

All I can say about the people that visit and love it here is that they must have never visited a normal all inclusive resort with good customer service. I'm at a loss for why they post what they do. It's bazaar to me. The pool, It's barely bigger than my own pool at home and we got in it one time. We didn't stay because it was cloudy and disgusting. There were two waitresses that were there the last leg of our stay who were very nice. That was the only good experience I took back from that disaster of a resort. Just when I think I'm done with my review, I remember, they do nothing to keep their grounds nice. They don't move, weeds everywhere, it looks like a unkempt old motel that is in foreclosure.

There are other places to stay in St. Thomas, do your homework. Don't give these people a penny of your money. Family owned means nothing, not all families care!!

Room tip: Don't do it!!! We aren't snotty people, just honest.
7  Thank stockweather
Reviewed 20 August 2020

I think all the pictures on there web site and other places are from before the 2017 hurricanes....? What is in the pictures and what I walked into was two very different resorts!
I was there with a large group Aug. 8-15. We opted for the all inclusive package. 1. One bartender worked each night... (and you could tell they didn't want to be there)
Drink were terrible. Every frozen drink I got was Ice chunks and drink.
Even though I got the ALL INCLUSIVE package I still had to tab out every time.

Not one time all week did the beach got raked , Seaweed everywhere Sand fleas everywhere.

The Breakfast, Lunch and dinner menu NEVER changed all week! They did offer a Steak cut of the day......Well you guessed it! NEVER changed either all week was NY Strip...(Sirloin) Not a strip.
Also for Breakfast, lunch or dinner you have to make a reservation. And sign a receipt for every meal even if you have ALL INCLUSIVE.. What is with that?
Our group literally found somewhere to go (even if we had to pay) every day so we wouldn't be stuck at that depressing place.
Every person at Bolongo Bay is RUDE, I felt like I was in the way being there. I think they want your money but not YOU. Only one waitress was nice and Nathan Walker were nice and pleasant. The husband and wife and there kids that run it were unaccommodating, it was like they went out of there way to be rude.
No water or soft drinks supplied to your rooms. The vending machine for soft drinks is 2.00 for a 20oz bottle. Oh and then when you get your soft drink its a 16oz bottle so even at the vending machine they stick it to you!
I could go on bashing but Please Don't Waste Your Hard Earned Money!
Any Royalton Hideaway is the REAL All Inclusive to go to.

All the water in St Thomas is great you can be chest deep and still see your feet! But at Bolongo Bay Resort you can be chest deep and you CANT see your feet for the water is so cloudy! Nasty Pool !

Room tip: There isn't anything good about Bolongo Bay Resort
4  Thank 314ejs
Reviewed 23 July 2020

We went to Bolongo on our honeymoon...it's a great place if you’re okay with no-frills. While it is all-inclusive, I wouldn’t consider it luxurious or romantic. We paid extra for the Honeymoon package, and were a bit disappointed...there was confusion about what exactly is considered to be the “His/Hers shirts.” Also, the “His/Hers champagne flutes,” were cheap, plastic flutes with nothing inscribed on them.

We paid more for an ocean view, however, it turns out most of the property faces the water. If you’re trying to save money, I’d take your chances. Also, there is no room service so we never enjoyed breakfast in bed or on the balcony because we had to walk to the restaurant to pick up the food and mimosas.

Pros:
• Safe Deposit Box in room
• Free Water Equipment (Nathan & Jonathan are awesome)
• Gift Shop on Site (Ask for Terrific Tammy)
• Swim-up Bar w/ Strong & Delicious Drinks (Melinda goes above and beyond)
• Heavenly Days catamaran excursions: Sunset Cruise & Swimming w/Turtles (DeAnna is one of the coolest people we’ve ever met)
• Live music

Cons:
• Outdated lodging (Toilet didn’t flush, and the shower is tiny)
• No airport shuttle, room service or secure guest Wi-Fi
• Resort is isolated from everything so the only way to explore the island is to pay for taxis (A free guest shuttle to Red Hook, Charlotte Amalie would go a long way)
• Beach is tiny & rocky (Bring water shoes)
• By Day 4 we grew tired of the menu; Coffee wasn't great
• Customer Service was hit or miss

Date of stay: July 2020
3  Thank Ariel36
Reviewed 23 July 2020

There are a lot of bullet points so I will take one by one. I have also realized that there are just some people in this world who are miserable and you can never make happy. My wife and I arrived a few days after this couple stayed. Here is my take on NixRich66’s comments:

- The resort is DEFINITELY NOT motel grade.
- This is the only “true” all-inclusive resort that is even open on the island. Gratuity is already included and there are no hidden fees, period.
- Showers – yep, it’s not the most luxurious and a little out-dated but they ARE CLEAN.
- Bugs – if you don’t clean your body well after being in the sand, you will get sand fleas. There were no bed bugs, they are sand fleas and you need to bathe before going to bed.
- The resort cant predict mother nature. Sea-weed is natural and crews were out scraping it up as they could. What my wife and I saw a perfectly nice beach with some seaweed but they would continuously clean it.
- Server Tips – gratuity is already included but that’s how these folks survive on the island, by tips. Be a good tipper, even if its just a little extra. The islanders have nearly been wiped away by two back-to-back hurricanes just a few short years ago that they are still recovering from. Then, add the Covid crisis which completely shut down their primary source of income - cruise ships and tourism. It is devastating. Heck, the resort was barely able to open their doors just on July 1 and still face another shut down amidst the flourishing virus. We were lucky that the resort was open. Many other (large) resorts didn’t make it.
- Water sports equipment – there was only one piece of equipment that was not working – that was the trike. Not a big deal. Pick another toy. There’s plenty. They will even take you on a private sail on their small sailboats and none of these amenities cost extra.
- Room service – our room service was great!
- Front staff desk – splitting checks – why do you need to split the check three ways anyway? Why are people so difficult?
- Combining tables – well, it’s a law right now that they have to keep tables a certain distance apart. They are not going to get shut down just because you want to combine tables.
- Staff not seating you immediately – they probably saw you coming and didn’t want to deal with your ridiculous attitude and nonsensical needs. It’s a pleasant island with sweet people. A little sweetness goes a long way. I mean, really, who do you think you are, Queen Elizabeth?
- I drank coffee all 7 days and never witnessed “light brown water”
- You asked that the staff NOT clean your room – weren’t you just complaining that you had bugs in your bed and that the room was not clean? It just seems like no matter what they would try to do for you, you and your husband were just not able to be made happy.
- Taxi’s – bellhop was in the front the entire time and we had no problems getting a taxi. In fact, we had our own personal taxi to the airport. Our driver even waited on us for two hours until we were ready to check out on the last morning. Then, she made several stops at different shops for us along the way to the airport.
- You will have a difficult time finding another resort that is a “true” all-inclusive with all of the wonderful amenities on the island such as Bolongo Bay.
- I am actually shocked that you didn’t mention the food. So, I will hone in on that opportunity. The food and drinks were absolutely amazing!!! You could treat yourself to great steak and Lobster every night if you wanted to. Absolutely amazing food and bar drinks!

Lastly, who spends all their time in their room anyway? I mean, some people are simply nit-picky and sad. Our visit to Bolongo Bay was vastly different than the NixRich66 couple. Isn’t it odd how one review can be great and the next review completely different? Why is that? Well, it’s all about the individual person. So, if you are like NixRich66 and want to stay in a 5-star luxurious resort where the tile, walls and furniture in the rooms are your biggest concern, you will want to stay at the Ritz-Carlton for $999/night, gratuity not included and it is not truly all-inclusive.

We had an amazing time and it is definitely a place we will be visiting again and again in our future. #be nice, tip a little extra and just enjoy the beauty of the island.

Date of stay: July 2020