All reviews magens point pool deck island bay thomas kitchenette hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

Great view of Megan's Bay, from the mountainside, we watched the Yachts come in and out from our balcony. And it was only a 10 minute drive to the beach or 30 minutes to town to shop. We cooked breakfast every day and counter space was tight but it worked out.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank Bikergus
Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a week. It is a hidden gem. The room sleeps 4 and has a kitchenette and was super clean. Everything was brand new in the room from the Ac to the TVs, becuase they are still recovering from the two cat 5 2017 hurricanes. All the redone rooms are new. The atmosphere and pool area are also quite beautiful. The restaurant is also nice..it is called root 42 and pretty busy. The view is spectacular and wow just a nice place to bring a family without all the extra cost. Rates are good but at the moment can only be called in for reservations and the TripAdvisor pictures need to be updated. Try these guys out it is worth the beauty

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank justtheguys
Reviewed 16 November 2020

This place really needs an up to date review on tripadvisor! I was able to stay at a discounted rate thanks to a travel certificate I had.

The resort is pretty small and was pretty empty during my stay which I didn't mind. My room was just steps away from the pool, which was steps away from the restaurant and reception. With the exception of the day I arrived, a Sunday, I don't think anybody used the pool or laid out except for me. There was a very good reggae band that played a concert that Sunday evening, which was the only evening activity during my stay.

Beach: I walked down to the beach once, it's a 20 minute walk to Magens Bay beach which is a must see if you're staying here. There's an excellent ice cream shop on the way. Be wary of the sand flies that come out on the beach after 3 or 4 pm. I wasn't aware what the stinging sensation was at the time, but within two days developed more than 50 bite reactions all over.

Pros: Good food. Root 42 is a small restaurant/bar that serves lunch and dinner. Can do eat-in or takeout. Has several large flat screen tvs. Northside Grind is a great cafe that serves coffee, breakfast, smoothies, and lunch. Everything is really fresh. They are currently doing take-out only and your order must be called in, you cannot go inside. Both places have facebook pages and often post their daily specials on there.
The ground around the pool did not get slippery at all when wet, and did not get hot when it was 90 and sunny.
Beautiful views from the room and balcony.
Room had great flat screen smart TV.

Cons: No phone in the room to call reception
No hotel brochure in the room featuring restaurant hours, phone numbers, check out time, etc.
No umbrellas for shade by the recliners by the pool.
No signs or info for getting towels to use out by the pool.
1 hot tub is empty, the other one is cold.
The footsteps and sounds from the room above me were pretty loud, fortunately there was only someone staying there the first day.
3 stairs in the room aren't ideal.
Two of the windows that have blinds only could really use some curtains to help make the room dark at night.

Basic room info: The toiletries provided are soap and shampoo. There was no stand-alone dresser, but the nightstands have large drawers as well as the bed frame itself. The nightstands have power outlets inside that I did not try to use bc did not notice them until leaving.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
3  Thank Lily731
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

Our family group of 4 really enjoyed this trip to St. Thomas and Magen’s Point Villas. We’ve been coming to this spot off and on since 1996. Our time share has been in our family since the day the resort opened. So, yes, it’s an important family place for us. Many, but not all, of the rooms have been renovated since the hurricanes. Wow, our room was in the best condition we have ever seen it. Loved the quality of the beds and all furniture. The resort continues to capture it’s quaintness, family atmosphere with plenty of adult fun things. The remodeled pool deck is beautiful. As renovations continue the resort is only going to get better. Look forward to coming back next year.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2020

Recovering from a devastating hurricanes, Flamboyan is coming back strong. Pool is beautiful and big enough (and warm enough in the sun ) to do easy laps. View remains incredible from almost any room. Pool deck is hot (good if you're from the north) and umbrellas are coming. Staff is incredibly friendly and accessible in this small gem of a hotel. Coffee shop on site with great breakfast sandwiches, coffee and basic supplies. Rooms have been upgraded and each one in the main building has a balcony , table and chairs. Small kitchen and fridge quite adequate for a week or 2 stay.Easy to get to anywhere on the island in 15-20 minutes with a car. There are now more new restaurants opening, Look at trip advisor for the choices. Good to see this wonderful place coming back.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank donchamp
Stay08446627635, General Manager at Flamboyan on the Bay Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

We appreciate your kind words and thank you for staying with us. It's been a long two and a half years but we're coming back strong. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to St. Thomas.

Sunny regards,