“So much fun.”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Hands down the COOLEST and most FUN bar/restaurant in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands! Right on the waterfront..Awesome harbor views, great people watching, live reggae and amazing and delicious food..Tacos, wraps, burgers, fresh mahi-mahi sliders..LOVE JUICE OMG..Ya gotta try it when you're visiting St Thomas!
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and stumbled into Big Kahuna (figuratively) and many hours later, we stumbled out of Big Kahuna (literally). This bar is down in the stretch of Charlotte Amalie that gets quite busy when the cruise ships post up. We were staying on the island and found BK completely empty. My wife and I spent the next few hours hanging out and getting to know the bartender (Gus) and we had an awesome time. Upon our departure, my wife left her earring hanging from a fruit basket. My parents came to St. Thomas three years later and visited the BK and the earring was still there!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Out of all the bars that I went to this was the one I looked forward to the most. However, my experience here was beyond terrible and I warn everyone who asks now. The service was TERRIBLE!!!! We got there around 10:30 am and decided to get a drink, its the islands so who cares. The bartender ignored us for the first 5 minutes we sat at the bar, we had to ask her for menus. She was not pleasant at all slide menus down to us. There were a total of 5 of us. She came back and asked what we wanted to drink and if we would be ordering food, we told her no just drinks and she just took our menus. She got our drinks 15 minutes later despite no one else really being at the bar. And then she would not split the checks up because with all 5 of us on one check she got an automatic tip. Worst service on the whole island, and we will not be going back. I suggest you save your money and go somewhere else.

2  Thank Branton W
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Great rum drink selection. Prime location. Great food. Wonderful staff. We ate here several times, we'll be back!!!

1  Thank Wesley R
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

While on St Thomas for a couple of months working, this was our to go to place for a quick cocktail after work. Donna is the most amazing bartender. Great personality!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The fish tacos were good. A nice view of the water and street. Walking distance to stores and other restaurants.

JL_Gibbs, Public Relations Manager at Big Kahuna Rum Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thanks we think they're awesome too! See ya next time