“Good basic food overlooking the harbor”
Review of Fat Turtle

Fat Turtle
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located waterfront at Yacht Haven Grande on St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, you’ll find, Fat Turtle, a Rockin’ Caribbean Roadhouse, featuring creative-fun seafood, great salads, gourmet pizzas and exotic frozen drinks. The St. Thomas bar and restaurant is a popular favorite among travelers, yacht crews and owners, charter guests, fishing enthusiasts, and locals alike. Open every day of the week, Fat Turtle serves food from noon to 10 pm with an inviting, island-style bar open at least until midnight.At Fat Turtle St. Thomas, you’ll savor food with flare, where the highest quality ingredients and inspired recipes fuse to delight the palate. From succulent, fresh lobster and spicy beer-steeped shrimp to mango and ginger “wings in paradise” and our signature Fat Turtle burgers or brick oven pizzas, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Situated in the midst of the sprawling Yacht Haven Grande Esplanade, yacht crews rave about our festive atmosphere, charter guests and owners revel in our relaxed vacation ambiance, and visitors of all ages take-in our family-friendly, laid back setting. When the sun goes down, Fat Turtle comes alive! Our open-air bar offers a tropical, beachy backdrop to party the evening through or venture over for our famous Friday nights where renowned DJ Peter C will keep you dancing from dusk to 2 am every week (Ages 18+).
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We have eaten here many times. It is convenient to the marina and the food is good. I especially enjoy the linguini and the fish sandwich. Prices are reasonable and service is competent. It is quiet enough to have a conversation and all of the tables are on a covered patio, so the trade winds will keep you cool.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

To be honest I just wanted a place with a nice background to get a cool proposal picture. We had a drink each and some awesome mozzarella sticks. I popped the question and she said yes!! Thank you to the wonderful woman that randomly agreed to take a pic of us when I surprised everyone and dropped to one knee. She immediately switched to video and caught the whole thing. She made everything perfect.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Good food. Great access from port. Had burger and tacos, fast service and friendly waitress. Had to wear a shirt which thought was odd for a water front view.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We came several time over the year. The food is good the location is great. Our last experience was poor.
We had to wait 15 minutes for a drink then an extra 10 minutes to get a glass of water.
The drink were not served at the same time.
After ordering it took 52 minutes to have our lunch -a burger and a chicken sandwich-
My wife burger was good my chicken sandwich was good but the latter was brought to the table when my wife's burger was almost finished. 10 minutes before I got my food...
The place was not busy. We arrived at 12:45 and finished around 2:25.
They really need to put their act together.

1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I believe the Barman’s name was Rusty? Such a great atmosphere, incredible cocktails, mango flavored coladas, coconut .... bushwhackers.
I’ve been to the one is St Martin too, they’re both great so burgers and Cajun spiced meals!

Date of visit: February 2018