4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
eDreamsUS$283
Orbitz.comUS$257
TravelocityUS$257
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

While basically clean, this hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. Broken tiles, excessive grout and Spartan furnishings make this a place to stay when others are booked. It is close to restaurants in the French quarter, which is a plus.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2021

The hotel looks decent from the outside but that is deceiving. No microwave in the rooms to heat food, had a dirty coffee maker in my room. I ask for an extra pillow, all I got sorry from the maid service and it took all day into to the night to get my room cleaned. People that arrived in my last night there was loud and blast their TV and music, I went to the front desk to complain, nothing happen and no security on the premises. I only enjoyed the ocean view from my room the back view from the hotel was destroyed buildings. The food I brought was fresh, tasty and enjoyable. The beach water great. I would not consider stay there no time soon.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

Run down old hotel. Water coming out of the shower and sink is yellow/brown in color. Facility is poorly run and not kept up.

The staff and security leave the hotel every night at 11 PM and do not return until in the morning. No one is here to police the large gathering of people party throughout the night. As a guest you can not get any rest due to the loud noise going on outside your hotel room door.

There are lots of hotel on St. Thomas that are well staff throughout the day and night. I do not recommend coming to windward Passage Hotel.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank billrD2509DB
Reviewed 21 January 2021

We went to St Thomas on our anniversary and was very pleased at the hotel and the beautiful view. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location of hotel is ideal and our room was nice and comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2020

I was traveling with my invalid traveling companion who had just undergone knee surgery in the 'States, were both very stressed, after discovering our ongoing reservation with Air Sunshine to return to our home in Anguilla that evening had been canceled due to Covid-19 restrictions: We desperately needed a place to stay for the night, and booked it by phone with the Expedia Agent, who then never informed us about any no-cancellation cancelation policy, and just read off the supposed amenities claimed on Windward Passage’s website. We did not realize we had been given false information by Expedia’s Agent until after we checked in.

The booking agent claimed that the hotel had a restaurant on-site, and many other amenities that we found were non-existent. The front desk was unmanned after 8:00 PM, and none of the telephones were functioning.

After spending one uncomfortable night at the hotel, with no security, and a room door that could not be locked. We requested a full refund of the remaining nights, since the Expedia agent was untruthful, and we decided that we had to find other accommodation. We went to the desk agent the next morning, and checked out, canceling the remaining five nights reservation! We were never informed by the person at the desk that there was purportedly a non-cancellation policy!! Also they were never given any kind of receipt for the purported charges, nor provided with the name of the person who checked them out!

This behavior on the part of the Windward Passage hotel is totally reprehensible, and were it not for the size of our claim, we would not hesitate to take legal action! Be warned! The hotel is nothing like their website, it is noisy, under construction, and it is even dangerous to stay there, as well as risking losing your deposit when you try to leave as we were!

Room tip: Look elsewhere!
Date of stay: November 2020