3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 28/05/21
Hotels.comUS$232
Orbitz.comUS$232
Trip.comUS$255
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2021

We went to St Thomas on our anniversary and was very pleased at the hotel and the beautiful view. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location of hotel is ideal and our room was nice and comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2020

I was traveling with my invalid traveling companion who had just undergone knee surgery in the 'States, were both very stressed, after discovering our ongoing reservation with Air Sunshine to return to our home in Anguilla that evening had been canceled due to Covid-19 restrictions: We desperately needed a place to stay for the night, and booked it by phone with the Expedia Agent, who then never informed us about any no-cancellation cancelation policy, and just read off the supposed amenities claimed on Windward Passage’s website. We did not realize we had been given false information by Expedia’s Agent until after we checked in.

The booking agent claimed that the hotel had a restaurant on-site, and many other amenities that we found were non-existent. The front desk was unmanned after 8:00 PM, and none of the telephones were functioning.

After spending one uncomfortable night at the hotel, with no security, and a room door that could not be locked. We requested a full refund of the remaining nights, since the Expedia agent was untruthful, and we decided that we had to find other accommodation. We went to the desk agent the next morning, and checked out, canceling the remaining five nights reservation! We were never informed by the person at the desk that there was purportedly a non-cancellation policy!! Also they were never given any kind of receipt for the purported charges, nor provided with the name of the person who checked them out!

This behavior on the part of the Windward Passage hotel is totally reprehensible, and were it not for the size of our claim, we would not hesitate to take legal action! Be warned! The hotel is nothing like their website, it is noisy, under construction, and it is even dangerous to stay there, as well as risking losing your deposit when you try to leave as we were!

Room tip: Look elsewhere!
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 16 November 2020

Don’t recommend this hotel. The room was fine and location convenient but it was ruined by the extremely rude staff. We got a late checkout, and were harassed constantly to leave, reminded we were no longer guests and eventually kicked out of the courtyard area so they could “prepare for other guests”. I note the hotel was almost entirely empty. Will not return.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kheess700832
Reviewed 17 July 2020

With everything going on I decided to take a 2 day staycation. I chose windward passage. It did have a bathtub & AC which both were a Big deal for me. However, for the price I paid I must say the room was not worth what I paid. I switched rooms the 2nd night to a upgraded ocean view deluxe room (extra $50 to upgrade on top of the $200 a night) luckily they did not charge me to upgrade because what a huge disappointment that would have been. (I could have gotten a much nicer Airbnb for way less) i think my standard room was actually nicer and more quiet. I will just search for a better hotel for my next staycation.. For the price I paid I expected better.. i would rate the rooms more motel 6 rating with a Marriott price!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jessnstthomas
Reviewed 10 July 2020 via mobile

I had visited this property before and all I can say is that it’s changed 180 degrees literally. Super comfy new rooms great views amazing
Air conditioning. Couldn’t get out of bed for my boat charter in the morning. Hot shower great food and last but not least BEST LOCATION. LOVELY

Date of stay: December 2019