See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband and I wanted to take a nice relaxing trip this year and chose St. Thomas as we had never been. We selected Windward Passage Hotel because on its website it states that there is a shuttle to take you to the beach nearby. It also lists various amenities that would compliment our stay. So when we arrived to the hotel. We noticed right away that outside there was damage from the storms Irma and Maria. When checking in our room was not ready yet which we expected because we had an early flight we were going to eat while the room got ready. When we checked in there were signs about AS-IS ROOMS I asked about these signs and they then explained the damage they were still recovering from last year due to the hurricanes. I was a little shocked that they didn't let us know when we called to book this place. I assume they just wanted the money. The lady went on to tell us that the restaurant was closed, spa, shuttle service, gift shop, and activities center. So we were a little taken aback how were we to have a relaxing trip when we had to spend it looking up how to get everywhere on top of what to eat nearby. Anyway the lady at the front desk checked us in and we went to eat. After coming back our room was ready, however, they gave us a room with two double beds instead of the king we had requested. So we had to change rooms. The next room was decent and had a king bed. So I was glad they fixed that on top of everything else. At this point my husband and I were looking into going to a new hotel so we could salvage our trip because paying for taxis and transport was not originally in our budget. However, we found that the hotel had already billed us for the whole week on the first day! On top of that we could not switch nothing was available during our stay. So we decided to stick it out. We were able to get around to some beaches during our trip and have a little fun. We went to two other resorts while there and had a good time. However, we ended up spending entirely much more than we expected.

On another note during our stay the hotel was trying to do repairs which were very loud and took away from the relaxed vibe we were looking for. I would not recommended this hotel to anyone. The staff does try their best but this hotel is not ready to be open yet and needs to close to repair.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Sorry that you were not told about the Hotel being under renovations. Not sure how you booked your reservation but all websites state we are under renovations.

We would of been happy to find you another location if you would of let the Front Desk know of your displeasure of the property.

Regards,
Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights the first week of July. We didn't make reservations ahead and with a recommendation of a friend, we stayed here our first night. We wanted to find somewhere else, but with limited accommodations to choose from, we ended up just staying here. It definitely needs work, but the room we had wasn't that bad. When we checked out, they couldn't give us a receipt. They took our email to send one when their system was fixed. We never received anything. Our card was charged for 6 nights and another charge for Aug. was on there as well. I called twice and was supposed to be contacted by the manager. It's been almost 2 months and haven't been refunded yet!! No excuse!! I've traveled for years and have never had to wait this long for a refund. The staff verified we only stayed 5 nights, yet management has never called or refunded our money. Would not recommend since I have never been refunded.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our system was down for more than 30 days which is no excuse for not giving you your credit. Please email me PamKelly@windwardpassage.com I will make sure you get your credit!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I know that the island suffered from 2 nasty hurricanes last year so I will be patient with them. Firstly, the room was excellent. Clean & well air conditioned. The breakfast left everything to be desired. The last time I stayed, they offered a hot breakfast with eggs & toast. This time, there was only a variety of cold meats, very insipid breads, & only orange juice to drink. I am a tea drinker & there was none nor hot water. The tablecloths on the tables were stained & obviously not changed from day to day. The exercise center was closed. The ice machine looked like it hadn't been operational in years. I hope that if & when I travel to ST. Thomas, conditions will improve or the proce will be cheaper.

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit our review. Your comments have been shared with our staff!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I have been in St. Thomas since August 16th and was planning on staying at the Windward the entire stay. I only was able to stay 3 nights because the conditions just weren’t good. There was construction the whole time (understandable) but it was almost like they shouldn’t have been open. NOTHING other than the pool and bar (6-9pm) we’re open. I just think that they need to make it very known how much work the hotel is still under because it feels like we were lied to. Nothing looks like the pictures at all. I understand the construction and it wouldn’t have bothered me if it was still functioning well. This hotel has potential to be a great place it just needs time. Not to mention I had the room booked for 7 days and they told us at check in that housekeeping would only come twice before we left. I had a great time on my trip still but it was because I was out doing things. Wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to hang out and have fun at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 24 August 2018

My first time going and staying in St.Thomas, received this as a gift, you can tell when you enter the hotel its been around and did take a beating from the hurricane. In all I had a nice stay, pleasant staff, clean room and very central location. Thanks to Miss Vevora for making our stay as comfortable as the could despite the circumstances..looking forward to going back again soon..

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank islandman38a
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you!