All reviews pool bar stove top mini kitchen time share full size fridge st thomas banana tree grill small kitchenette steep hill timeshare exchange rental car beautiful view per person house keeping washer and dryer great pool coki beach
Reviewed 4 January 2018

So I found a new job and wanted to take a quick getaway to an island I never visited and my search brought me to this beautiful island. One of the U.S. Virgin Islands. It's located on a hill as a lot of the properties on this island but not only does it have many rooms located on different parts of the property. It also is quiet and an awesome place to go to when you need to just gather your thoughts, enjoy the view of the ocean as well as take a nice dip in their nice pool or even Jacuzzi. When you're hungry you can conveniently eat at one of their restaurants which are reasonable. If you're adventurous like me then you can get a schedule from the front desk for the ferries that can take you to neighboring islands such as St. Thomas or even the British Virgin Islands (but you will need a passport for that particular trip). I missed the ferry so next time I will definitely visit the other islands. Just take a taxi to the port. I would definitely refer this property. Oh and I went during September 2016 so I don't know if that maybe made a difference.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Just an average hotel. Good value when we went. It was a large room with a kitchenette. Had a pool and a small romantic restaurant. I would recommend it, however I'm sure there are much better, although more expensive hotels on the island. Good place to stay on a budget.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Rooms were relatively small but served their purpose. Views were awesome, overlooking the quaint town. Restaurants were great with a variety of food choices at reasonable pricing. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Thank Dr. Yonette H
Reviewed 30 August 2017

At check in was notified there was an additional fee of $175.00 per room for the week that was added back on May 1st but I was not notified of this even though I booked 2 rooms in March. No one sent an email and they would not give my room unless paid. Also had a problem with shower and it was never addressed by the resort even though I told them the first day!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Horrible if you have timeshare or is a guest of someone’s timeshare, USVI imposed a Environmental/Infrastructure Impact Fee of $25 a day for timeshare unit occupied that went into effect on May 1, 2017. The problem is we booked our trip via RCI on March 30 who also double checked with the hotel at the time confirmed their only fee was a 6$ a day resort fee. Furthermore, two weeks prior to my trip I called to see if we can be accommodated because my sister now is pregnant and I was informed that we were good because we were in their building with an elevator and still no mention of the new impact fee until we arrived for check in. At check in I was informed of the new 25$ a day fee that totaled 175$ . Yes most resorts, cruise ships etc have fees but the difference is that when you are booking you are aware because it’s noted ( which now it is but we found out the hard way) It’s rear that anybody just have 175 available just like that w/o prior knowledge especially if you are using timeshare. The hotel and RCI should have done better in informing my party of this new tax prior to arrival! It’s business as usually, so Save your $175 and go to another resort where you can feel like you on vacation and don’t mind shelling out the extra cash if need be. Bluebeard has a wonderful view, but besides that it needs some to go over guest accommodations and make it more accessible to get to the front desk from the street, vise versa. You have to walk up a very steep hill, even the workers mentioned they don’t know why there isn’t a trolley to take you at least down the hill or to Havensight Mall which is literally like 2 blocks away, we tried the hill one time and thereafter cabs became our friends making the trip more expensive, a cab that cost us 4$ per person back and forth every day. You have to leave the resort because they have the same menu every day! Most the guest have timeshare and know their way around and went to Kmart etc but we wasn’t aware or informed until we asked again seems like the only thing they make clear is now you can’t check in w/o paying the $25 a day fee upfront for your stay. We barely got in the pool because it’s small, very small. When we did have questions the staff was accommodating so I say all this to say if you are a regular knock yourself out but if you are looking for a vacation hotel that covers all your needs and you can truly say I got my money’s worth this is not the one for you. St. Thomas is an island and is beautiful regardless we even went to St. John I just wish I didn’t get caught up in this new timeshare fee at this resort, as they said it was out their hands but they could have done a better job telling guest prior to arrival, the hostess even went as far to say everybody is shocked I had some ppl crying and have to call home to get extra money but it’s a govt fee.. because St. Thomas still have work to do on the tourism tip, not enough food options and everything close about 9:30. time we got dress from returning from the beach or pool food was hard to find! I will say take that 175$ fee and go somewhere else and again Bluebeard has to find a better solution to entering and leaving their hotel because of the hills when we were leaving we saw a young lady with her friend struggling with her baby in a stroller walking up. Don’t underestimate the hill go somewhere else and have your $175 for spending and regular tourism stuff as you should as a tourist to boost the economy instead of being strong handed! by this tax a place that is a major cruise stop now charges an environment fee to guest who stay is already supporting their economy .The two stars were for the view the best part of the trip!

Room Tip: Beautiful view ( the best thing about this hotel)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
seasoned_travler56, Manager at Bluebeard's Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your most recent visit.
The Government Environmental Impact fee of $25.00 per night per room for all timeshares on St. Thomas was put into law on May 1, 2017 by Governor Mapp. This information was communicated to RCI who immediately advised their members.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and your friends.