4,430 results
All reviews morning star frenchman's reef aqua terra coco joes the main hotel harbor wing sunset grill rum bar swim up bar adventure center main pool sea cliff infinity pool night kayaking garden view st thomas tennis courts
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

The view is beautiful. The resort has wonderful pools, a swim up bar, a beach with chairs and umbrellas. You can kayak and paddle board (unfortunately it closes at 3 pm even though there is daylight for several more hours).

Sounds like paradise? Would be if it wasn't overrun by iguanas. They are everywhere. The staircase to the beach was blocked by at least 9 of them. I opted to go to the pool rather than join my family at the beach because I couldn't bear to pass them again. Unfortunately, the iguanas were at the pool too. People were throwing water on them and snapping them with towels to get them to leave. One climbed up on a chair to take the fruit out of a tropical drink. It doesn't help that some dumb guests feed the iguanas. I also learned that the iguanas will go after toes with pink nail polish because it looks like hibiscus flowers. I'm an animal lover but these give me the creeps. I'm especially afraid after I learned that 2 people were bitten this weekend. Something really needs to be done.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan P
FReef_MGMT, Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Susan P.,

Please accept my apologies for the frustrations you describe. We work hard to provide exceptional hospitality to each guest that walks through our doors and it’s a disappointment to learn when that sentiment hasn’t carried through. Although it sounds like you enjoyed the views, infinity pools, amenities and the hotel itself, I’m sorry you felt discomfort with the presence of our resident iguanas. The Green Iguana is indigenous to our tropical ecosystem, and are a protected species. They enjoy eating the bougainvillea flowers that grow on the property, but can be found all over the islands. They actually attract a lot of interest and fascination – and guests love photographing them. If there is ever an issue, we will immediately dispatch security to take care of it. The scenic route to Morning Star Beach (the top of the waterfall) is their favorite spot to sunbathe, look for ‘selfie’ stations along the route. Alternatively, you can catch the shuttle from the lobby which is available 24 hours a day.

I hope you’ll visit again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

To start the experience, the Elite desk had no one manning it for over 30 minutes. All I needed was the keys to my room because I checked in on line the day before. Imagine my surprise when I got the key, and no one asked to carry our bags to the room, knowing it was in the Harbor Suites building without an elevator. Our original room overlooked a parking garage. We asked for a change and were offered a room two floors up. Better view, but still no elevator. I asked for a bellman to come move our bags and bring the new keys. The bellman arrived after an hour of waiting and without the keys to the new room. Finally got moved and settled in. The room as in need of major updating and was definitely not worth the points required to book the room. On our second night, we ordered room service and it took over 1.5 hours and three calls to get it delivered. I had to call the housekeeping department to make up the sofa bed the first night and finally on the second to last day, the maid upgraded the sofa sleeper pad to add some little comfort. Overall, the resort was old, their was intermittent door service to call taxis. This was a special trip with high expectations based on prior Marriott Resort stays. I took my high school nieces for their graduation gifts. I can say that this was really a major disappointment. While the assistant manager left a message after I was asked about my stay, I didn't have time to discuss options with him.

BE AWARE: HARBOR SUITES ARE NOT HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE. Overall service was slow, food cold at the Seafood Grille.

I won't be back to this resort and feel it was definitely not a good value. Nancy

Room tip: stay away from Harbor Suites building
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank njdallas

Dear Njdallas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. I sincerely hope my leadership team will get the opportunity to see how we can improve the overall experience. We at the Frenchman’s Reef are very focused on delivering a BRILLIANT guest experience, on this occasion however it does not seem that we achieved our goal. I’ll be reviewing your reservation with my team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Frenchman’s Reef on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

My family & my boyfriend stayed at the Reef for 4 days and it was not enough, there's so much to do there! Right when we arrived to the hotel, complimentary rum punch was being served along with fruit infused water, so yummy. Only 2 things went wrong during the whole stay: 1. When we checked in our rooms were somehow not checked in, so we had to wait on cleaning crew to clean us 2 new rooms but that just gave us more time to explore the beach :) & 2. when in the room, our bathroom had what looked like a poop stained bath towel shoved behind all of the other bath towels (so it was just probably missed) but other than that our room was great, the food was great, and the stay was also great. we ended up going to a meeting & purchasing to be a part of the Marriott vacation club after out stay here!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 16stolt,

Congratulations on becoming a proud MARRIOTT Vacation Club owner! You are going to love making St. Thomas your go-to Caribbean destination.

Nice to hear your comments about the warm welcome you received, with rum punch and fruit infused water. We know the staff members are the main asset and I am very proud of my team and our Marriott culture. Our open-air lobby of Frenchman’s Reef is a destination unto itself with the Rum Bar overlooking one of the best vistas on the island. Try a Coconut Press or the Mango Painkiller!

Next time you are here, look for me so that I can give you thanks in person.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Beautiful beach. We stayed in one of the villas in the Morningstar section. Great location. If you stay at the hotel, you will have a pretty good hike up many steps from the beach back to the hotel. You can choose to ride the shuttle instead. Our room was nice, but smelled slightly musty. Our son and daughter-in-law were in another room in the same villa and it didn't have the same mustiness. My only other complaint is that you could hear the people in the adjoining room through the door to their room. I could even hear their entire conversations and they were not speaking loudly. One night they had their TV on all night long. It was worth it, though, for the beauty of the beach. And the water really is that blue!

Date of stay: May 2016

Dear Sube,

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at Morning Star. At Morning Star - the main focus is the proximity to the beach (with new umbrellas and plenty of lounge chairs) just steps away from each room door. The villas offer Queen/King bed choices and some have sofa beds and interconnecting doors if larger groups/ families stay. We have a LARGE Pool with Jacuzzi (all new pool furniture), tennis courts, snack shack, a market, beach wear shop and three restaurants in that section. I hope you enjoyed the new menu at Coco Joe’s and new landscape around the hotel.

Many guests find our beach (and beach amenities) so relaxing and fun, they never leave the hotel the day of their flight. Ask for the 101 Things to Do list from the Concierge team while here. You’ll find endless opportunities for fun in the water, on the beach and in the hotel.

We keep our rooms chilled between guest visits. Moisture is a natural smell here in the Caribbean but ask maintenance to assist you with your A/C settings.

Travel safely and come back and see us soon. If you need a good description of our water, you can call it “liquid sunshine”.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We recently held our wedding here and everything was amazing from the customer service, to the food, and the beautiful grounds! After leaving for St. John for our honeymoon we wished we had just stayed at this resort instead as we had just the best experience there! Pallie, our wedding planner did an amazing job and everything was perfect for our big day. We can't wait to return someday!

Date of stay: May 2016