“Wonderful food and service”
Review of Amalia Cafe

Amalia Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amalia Cafe is a delightful open air Spanish themed restaurant in historic downtown Palm Passage, Charlotte Amalie. The menu is heavy on tapas, with favorite Spanish entrees like Paella or Zarzuela. Enjoy a taste of Spain in the Caribbean.
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We are so happy to have found Amalia Cafe earlier this week while visiting St Thomas for medical reasons. We enjoyed the grilled octopus and clams in green sauce so much that we returned again the following night to sample other delights. The seafood is fresh and expertly prepared and there are some good selections of Spanish red wines to further enhance the dining experience. Edward, our server, made right-on recommendations and the owner, Maynard, told us how the restaurant came into being. It is a dining experience that should not be missed when in St Thomas. We look forward to a return visit later this year.

1  Thank DeniseG

Reviewed 15 June 2011

It was quite a great adventure in dining. The proprietor was friendly and caring . Invited by a new beautiful friend of St. Croix, I could not escape the beautiful setting and the service that became more and more impressive.
Bravo, Amelia Cafe !!! Keep up the wonderful work..

Harry de Beziers
data2010haiti.com
hdebeziers@date2010haiti.com
954-594-7606

Reviewed 11 June 2011

Went here on the recommendation of my son - the paella was excellent, and the sangria, too - nice and cold. However, the grilled octopus was the BEST I have ever had, anywhere! The owner was a delight to chat with, too. I truly hope that I will be able to visit the island again, and then one will certainly find me relaxing at this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Can't call it as excellent food like others did, food was good agree with one of the reviewer's that it was too salty. If u happen to miss it on ur trip don't worry u dint miss much.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

When you come to St Thomas you MUST have a meal at Amalia Cafe! The food was wonderful, the service impeccable, the atmosphere so relaxing. Although there were no items specifically geared to children, the two children in our party (ages 6 and 8) enjoyed the food as well. The owner even came to our table to chat. I am already planning my next trip to St Thomas. You can be sure I will include a visit to Amalia Cafe.