“Fast,nice and spannish”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amalia Cafe is a delightful open air Spanish themed restaurant in historic downtown Palm Passage, Charlotte Amalie. The menu is heavy on tapas, with favorite Spanish entrees like Paella or Zarzuela. Enjoy a taste of Spain in the Caribbean.
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We came in the evening and there where no people at all, surprisingly enough. But the service Was very nice and good, food not bad(we are spoiled ) and wine suggestion good.

Reviewed 17 March 2011

Food wasexcellent, aymosphere was great. Service was the best. If you want a great dinner don't miss this place!

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Delicious flavors! Comfortable and beautiful atmosphere! The owner Maynard was gracious and made us feel as though we were his very own guests in his home. My fish dish was fresh, light and very tasty! My husband and our friends all enjoyed their choices, too. We will be back on the island in April and we have already discussed a dinner date at Amalia Cafe.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Four of us had 3 appetizers and a sandwich, all had great presentation and were delicious. The quiet location in an open air mall was just what we were looking for and the sangria was quite delicious. Our server, Eva was an absolute gem.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

I'm a local and this is my favorite restaurant in town. The owners are always there and the place is well run and fun to visit. It is located on Palm Passage with some great shops. A great place to sit and watch the world go by. Shady, cool and really kind of serene for a town location. Some sophistication right in the heart of Charlotte Amalie.

The menu is interesting with a great take on Paella and Zarsuela del mariscos. The sausage and cheese stuffed burger is way beyond a normal burger. I'm getting hungry just writing this.

This is where I go for my birthday. I highly recommend Amalie Cafe.