“CLOSED”

Blue Orchid
Ranked #32 of 283 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Globally inspired, fresh, creative fine dining in a gorgeous setting.
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I truly miss this wonderful restaurant and the gorgeous gardens and parrots. The Hurricanes of Sept 2017 devastated St. Peters Greathouse and this restaurant. As of 27 April 2018, no facilities here have reopened, nor do they look close to doing business soon. Blue Orchid has no roof & it looks like substantial rebuilding is underway. I sincerely hope they resume operations. I loved this place! FYI--There are plenty of other restaurants open and St. Thomas is warmly welcoming tourists back.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We arrived just before dark. We did not know that they had a gorgeous garden planted on the hillside. We had enough time to enjoy it before our meal. The restaurant is lovely the views were outstanding. The drinks, meals, and service perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant. The restaurant was not crowded, so that helped make it feel like a private club.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in St Thomas for 3 nights and this was by far the best meal we had in our whole vacation. From the service, the ambiance, and the observation deck, this was an outstanding dining experience. The pasta was fresh, the lobster and steak were delicious and the cheese platter was gourmet. Kara took good care of us, was friendly and courteous and ensured we had a great time. The view from the observation deck was breathtaking.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We had dinner here on our last night in St. Thomas. The food was delicious. I had the rack of lamb and my husband had the sea bass. Both were wonderful. We also shared the scallops as an appetizer and they were yummy as well. Service was good and came back to check on us. We also had the flourless chocolate cake and a warmed brownie with ice cream. This restaurant was a good choice for our last night on the island.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Our food was totally delicious, but the service was very slow. We were in the middle of a huge storm & that may have been a contributing factor.
I'd have given it a better rating if the server had come back to our table with updates. I had the sea bass & it was one of the best I've had.