“What I saw was not impressive”

Aqua Terra Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 286 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Aqua Terra is Marriott Frenchman's Reef casual dining, where you can have daily Breakfast buffet with more then 101 items for you to pick from! "Sunday Brunch" is a signature in St. Thomas, where you can taste local flavors, roasted prime rib to perfection and an array of cold seafood selection, all accompanied to bottomless mimosa and bloody Mary and the Festive Steelpan! During dinner you will indulge in a family style Italian "Trattoria" dining experience, with outstanding views of Charlotte Amalie harbor and some of the best Italian wines in the World.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Got to the restaurant before 11 am. That is the cutoff for breakfast buffet. The hostess was leaning on her podium and said that they were closed. Thats it, she did not look around to see if there was still food out. She did not give suggestions of another place to eat. I looked past her and saw that most of the food was still out. So I walked past her. John had the chef make him a fresh omelet. It was excellent. The eggs Benedict I picked from the steamer was hard on the bottom from being there too long. That was not suprising. I got fresh fruit and some bread items. The staff was helpful and we chatted with the waitress about the area. The tab was $30 each plus tax and gratuity. The room was nice with a harbor view. We were not impressed enough to return.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Went for the breakfast buffet and it was good food nothing too out of the ordinary. Was all standard breakfast items but very overpriced. In my experience the wait staff was slow, not very helpful, and all looked and acted like they hated they were there. The view is amazing! The actual restaurant like the tables, chairs, walls, carpet ceiling, decor etc. all needed to be replaced and updated, everywhere I looked I saw something wrong (chipped paint and table, crack wood on chair, stains on chair, carpet and ceiling)

Date of visit: August 2017
Andrea C, Manager, Aqua Terra at Aqua Terra Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear mrelli0tt,

We are glad you could enjoy a good meal with an amazing view. Thank you for your feedback, and comments as we are always looking at ways to improve and enhance our guest's experiences.

We hope one day to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

changing the menu up with the seasons Soups etc....Adding St. Thomas island drinks on the dinner menu once a month.

Date of visit: September 2017
Andrea C, Manager, Aqua Terra at Aqua Terra Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear judevette30,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your dining experience here with us, our menu selections, and our island drinks!

We appreciate your feedback, and comments, and hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I took my son for dinner one evening and the young woman was quite rude, when all my son asked for was French fries, she yelled: IS THAT ALL???? I also ordered and split an appetizer. We also ordered drinks, lemonades and while I was asking for refills, I should have asked if they were free, because when I received the bill, it was $4.00 each time and that adds up when you have several. Where I live, we can pay $4.00 for a cocktail, crazy expensive here. I also took my son and mom here for breakfast another day and I ordered the overpriced buffet, my mom just wanted a small meal, but nothing like that except the kids meal and you had to be a certain age for that, no sharing off the buffet for her either, each pay their own, nickel and dine on every darn thing here. The wait staff was much nicer though, but ready to clean up the buffet line from what it looked like, we must have arrived too late.

Date of visit: August 2017
Andrea C, Manager, Aqua Terra at Aqua Terra Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear teenster3,

We appreciate your review after your dining experiences with us, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize if we did not meet all of your expectations, and thank you for your comments on how we can enhance future guests dining experiences.

We hope one day to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We dined at the Aqua Terra restaurant one morning on a recent visit to the Marriott Frenchmen Reef. The breakfast bar has a nice selection to choose from. Everything was tasty. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The view is awesome from the restauarant.

Date of visit: August 2017
Andrea C, Manager, Aqua Terra at Aqua Terra Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Terrie F,

We are happy to hear that your breakfast dining experience with us was a great one, and that you were very pleased with the selection, and the friendly, helpful service you received.

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your breakfast with a view, and we hope we'll welcome you again.