“Nice restaurant on Hull Bay Road”
Review of Northside Bistro

Northside Bistro
Ranked #70 of 285 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Pleasant place. Nice view. Great fish and chips and good fresh fish specials. Attentive wait staff. Located on the Northside of the Island, you will need a rental car to get there. The drive is beautiful and it's cool on the Northside.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We went to the new Northside Quarter for brunch I ordered the eggs Benedict . It came and both eggs were hard boiled. The server OR MANAGER WHO KNOWS WHO SHE WAS BUT SHE CAME WITH AN ATTITUDE came back and said you didn't tell her how you wanted them cooked ", we replied no one asked and Eggs Benny are supposed to be runny she said would take care of it. meanwhile my husbands meal is getting cold. She comes back with two eggs on plate and I look at her "you are kidding me two eggs where are the ham and hollandaise and muffins she replies " you only complained about the eggs". I have never seen this in my life. You replace the order not give me eggs, I am now supposed to take off the old eggs with cold ham and hard muffins what fun.. we called it quits got the bill my husband took one bite out of the egg burrito and said I am not sure I even want to give this to the dogs. DON'T GO HERE..; The woman argued with me really that is the new customer service... there is none. First and last time there. I have lived here 47 years I have 25 years in the restaurant business and she is telling me I don't know what I am talking about. Make my own eggs Benny at hime and shall never go out again for that ever. I am staying home. Service was awful food was awful, looking around the room people are paying their bill with their food still in front of them and only 4 tables there. That is pretty bad. THIS DOES NOT DESERVE A STAR. A COUPLD OF MINUS STARS MAYBE.. JUST AWFUL DON'T GO COOK AT HOME AND SAVE MONEY. GO OFF ISLAND ON VACATION TO EAT OUT I AM DONE...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

My understanding is that the Bistro was a fine dining establishment. Northside Quarter is a bit more casual/ comfortable, but the food is still amazing! The views of the northern bay and islands is gorgeous, as the restaurant is perched on the mountainside. The seating is comfortable and not too crowded. There is a fireplace, but unless the evening was cool (a rarity in St. Thomas) not sure it would be lit. Started with the zucchini fries, which had just the right amount of panko crust to make them crispy and tasty. We had two of the specials, a seafood pasta dish that was loaded with a great variety of shellfish, prepared perfectly and then a grilled lobster. Being from New England, I was a bit concerned about how a Caribbean lobster would compare. This was GIGANTIC, and the tail was flavorful and tender. The lobster came with 2 sides - had garlic mashed and the delicious brussels sprouts. I am tentative and picky with brussels sprouts, and these were done exactly as described. The portions were huge, so we didn't finish either entire meal.
The piece de resistance was the dessert (thankfully we saved room for it). The brownie sundae was a brownie cooked on a waffle iron- lots of crispy edges without being too hard to eat! Topped with good quality vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and rainbow sprinkles it was tempting to look at, but we didn't admire it for too long before we devoured it.
The bar was prompt, the service excellent, and the owner and manager were out and about making sure that everything was just as it should be. You have to drive a little bit to get to this spot, but you should make sure that you put this place on your itinerary!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Good food, reasonably priced, friendly service and beautiful views. You can't miss with this bistro.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Had a great evening until we went to the bar after dinner and the owner kicked us out after spending mucho bucks have never gone back and will never go back

Date of visit: June 2016