Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews pool bar private beach beach resort bug spray great beach limetree units island vacation st thomas cab margaritaville kmart cove
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2020

To whom it may concern at Wyndam;

I am vacation owner Jenelle M Jackson and up until my last Wyndam vacation at Limetree resort in St Thomas I was a happy customer.

Let me start my complaint from the largest issue. Upon returning from this unfortunate stay on August 7th I had issues with my credit card in the cab home. When I called my credit card company they said a 908$ charge was mysteriously made by the limetree had put me over a daily spending limit. I asked what it was for, they couldn't tell but said it was being returned to me in 7-10 days.

I immediately called the resort to try to get to the bottom of it. The manager Pamela, was made aware I wanted to speak to her. She never called back or followed up for two days. This isn't the first time I've called to speak to her. I literally called the front desk with requests to speak to her about other grievances about the resort while I was on the property.  I was simply told every time she's in a conference/call, she said she'll get back to you. She never did after 5 attempts, the 5th being why was I erroneously charged a mysterious 908$ aside from the already 329$ resort fee at check out. No response. Unsatisfactory!

I was so unhappy at this resort I wished and asked to be switched to sister resort margaritaville after just 3 days at limetree. That request also went unanswered.

Here are my complaints, some small and fixable, some just not.

The resort was supposed to be at only 28/38 percent capacity and it was clearly over populated and grossly under staffed. Management issue.

The limetree is a lovely resort with beautiful rooms and very friendly personnel, however it is flawed in design where acoustically it's a living nightmare if there is someone who is booked in a room above u. Normal walking sounds like stomping,  any movement of furniture/luggage is extremely loud and grating on the nerves. I literally wanted to leave the whole resort after 3 days. I just couldn't take it anymore.

There is absolutely no cell phone service on the resort. It is in a dead spot. Not the resort's fault but can be extremely inconvenient. Not a good thing if your family cannot contact you.

It would take 15mins to get a buggy ride to get to the front desk to wait another 15 mins for a cab. Oddly the cab was allowed to drop u at your room after your trip but not pick u up at your room. This is easily fixable. I was absolutely livid after waiting 15 mins in the sun for a buggy that never showed up. I come inside and call the front desk, they said he came but saw no one and left. I said that can't be possible. Not only that, my cab left. Front desk never bothered to call me. I waited another 15 mins outside for the same buggy who said he came to the wrong room the first time.

After the 3rd day my stove burned out. The maintenance was kind enough to buy me a hot plate so I wouldn't have to waste the whole day lugging all my things plus groceries across resort to another room. He said they have been burning out all over the resort so he bought several hot plates. In this case my complaint was resolved quickly.  I'm being fair

The beach is a mess, rocky and sea debris filled. No loungers or anything to make it welcoming. Loungers are on back order I was told. However the pool has so many that at least 10 to 15 stayed stacked in a corner unused. ????

This is the first Wyndam resort I've had to use money in the laundry room. Really?  What the heck? 329$ resort fee but I still gotta pay to wash? Cheap!

Now that I've made my complaints here's some suggestions to make that gem of a resort better.

1. Change management immediately. It is completely unacceptable that all my phone calls to speak with Pamela go ignored without any attempt to get back to me on any issue especially where a whopping 908$ of my money disappeared.

2.  Try not to stack occupants if it could be avoided due to acoustic design flaw.

3. Replace all the hot plates asap. Add microwave/conventional ovens to replace the just microwaves. The resort sits in a food desert and the restaurant is closed.

4. Clean the tiny resort beach

And put some loungers down there or beach chairs or picnic tables.

5. Enlist more help from sister resort Margaritaville. Those guys got it together over there.

Finally, I'd like to say I have had a better stay at charming dumps than this place. I have come to expect a standard from Wyndam. Notice my complaints had nothing to do with covid adjustments. This is my 3rd Wyndam trip during the pandemic and everything was fine on other trips. I have never in the years I've been your customer felt the need to sit and write such a lengthy complaint.

I feel so strongly and am so disappointed that I request my that all fees and points associated with this resort be refunded or credited back to my account in all fairness. It's the very least the Wyndam can do since Ms. Pamela has deemed me so unvalued of a customer that I don't deserve her attention or response.

P.s. a copy of this complaint will go up on TripAdvisor and various sites. I will amend it fairly once my issue is resolved. Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Sincerely, Vacation Owner

Jenelle Jackson
917 669 3482

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jenelle J
Wyndham Destinations, Owner at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Hi Janelle,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We're sorry to hear that your stay at Limetree Beach Resort by Club Wyndham did not meet your expectations. This is not the kind of experience that we want to provide to our owners. We'd like to get you in touch with a member of our Owner Care team so they can look into this further for you. Please call us at 855-670-0758 (option 1, option 1) and someone will be able to assist you further.

Reviewed 9 August 2020

The resort is now called Limetree Beach Club and the pictures you would usually find on such sites as expedia and travelocity are definitely not what the property looks like now. It was recently renovated and looks amazing! The property is definitely well kept and customer service is great! Be cautious on how you book because they haven't updated the rooms on various booking sites so when I booked I thought I was receiving a 1 in a half bath when I didn't. Because of the renovations those rooms are a thing on the past and they only have a 1 bedroom, and a studio. The view from what I think any room is pure bliss. You definitely don't need an alarm clock because of the roosters in the morning waking you up at sunrise. The pool is amazing, it seems heated but it is not as the reflection of the sun warms it up! The private beach is also beautiful. The restaurant isn't open as of yet but should be soon as they were working on it while we were there. If you are new to ST. Thomas I would suggest going to KMart before getting to the resort for your snacks and other things you may need as you are unable to get anything on the resort. I didn't rent a car which might have made more sense because for cabs they charge per person. My husband's and I cab ride from the airport to our resort was $27, as it was $3 per luggage and $9 per person. Cabs do take a long time to arrive to pick you up roughly around a usual 15 minute wait. There is no Uber or Lyft on the island so good old fashion calling is how you would get the cab. If you are like us and don't rent a car you can order food through "Island Direct" which is like Uber Eats in the states. I absolutely loved the resort and truly think its worth staying here versus other resorts. I would have rated it a 5 however we found that many locals were coming in to the property to utilize the pool area which there is no way to keep track of, maybe implement wrist bands or put an entry gate where you would need to use a room key would be something to think about. Also the bugs! I have so many mosquito bites despite the bug spray, Many bugs are around the pool area so they should put up possible tiki torches to help reduce those around at night. I would definitely stay again though despite those two small things.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank ChristinaVel727
Reviewed 29 July 2020

This property has a new name. LIMETREE Beach Resort
This popular wedding location now has a complete facelift Inside and Ouutside
Gone is the red roof and a new ocean blue roof has replaced it.
The “ H “ building listings have a new name and are the 2 units closest to the water. They each have 12 units and are now building A and B.
EVERYTHING inside the rooms is Brand New.

Enjoy the classic location with a total refit.
We are thoroughly enjoying the new digs.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank swarthy1999
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Our favorite resort on St Thomas! It’s a quant Caribbean style resort. Due to the 2017 double hurricanes, it has been closed until May 2020. Looking forward to our return in July2020. If your looking for a great beach, great pool w/ pool bar, relaxed vacation. You can’t find a better location on St Thomas

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank kentknight1
Reviewed 18 July 2018

This beautiful private resort nesting in a cove around the corner from the Merriot Hotel is quiet, clean and ideally located to downtown shopping, restaurant dining and area trips and events. Excellent for couples seeking a more romantic get-away and the quieter Caribbean Island experience and ambiance/atmosphere.

Room tip: All the rooms are ocean view with the Caribbean Island sensation and quiet
Date of stay: August 2017