67 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$1,766
CheapTicketsUS$1,879
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
Prestigia.com
1,280 results
All reviews club level in room dining lady lynsey water sports coconut cove beautiful property nespresso machine golf cart hobie cats turn down service paddle boards red hook blue water bottle of champagne infinity pool sunset sail resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on tripadvisor to see how this hotelwas rated and was surprised and worried about what I was seeing in the reviews weeks before our arrival. You can see the many bad reviews, but I am here to say I have to disagree. Perhaps it was the busy season, and we arrived after that time. We had the most amazing time at this most beautiful resort. We did stay on the residence side of the hotel. We had a beautiful room, with beautiful views. The daily cleaning service was fine. The weather was amazing too. We ate at Coconut Cove, Alloro and had coffee most mornings at the little coffee shop. The staff is friendly and the service was on point. The food was very good and the drinks were delicious. We took the Hobie Cat out for a sail and the attendants were very friendly and helpful. The beach is not huge on the residence side but we had a setup every morning under our favorite, beautiful tree for shade! The gym was nice and clean and my sister and I had an excellent spa treatment, at the very nice spa. The staff that drove us around in golf carts seemed to love their jobs and were so friendly. I would definitely choose to return to this resort.

2  Thank annr975
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear annr975,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another great stay! As a luxury vacation rental specialist, I am familiar with high-end properties, and this one makes the top of the list for a single room stay. Lovely grounds and top-notch amenities, restaurants and service will have you relaxing from the moment you arrive. Right next door, you have an option for 2 and 3-bedroom Residences as well if you bring the whole family on your trip to St. Thomas.

2  Thank Matt M
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I typically NEVER write reviews but felt obligated on behalf of everyone looking for a quick escape to St. Thomas in the covid era. Considering the amount of money you are potentially about to spend, it's only right you know what to expect. In full disclosure, this is my first "Ritz Experience" so I don't really have a baseline. But my expectation is that it should be a 5-star level service, no?

Bottom line is, do not expect 5-star level service. It's more like 3-star level service across all aspects of the hotel. If you're only staying 2-3 nights, you may get lucky and have a good overall service experience. If you're staying longer than that, it's only a matter of time until you see what myself and other reviewers are speaking of. It's just a lot of little things that add up. And if you're paying over $1K/nights, these little things just shouldn't happen as regularly as they do (especially with the Ritz name attached)

But let me make sure I say this because it's important. I don't believe it's because staff isn't trying or because they're unfriendly. I think it's more of them not being prepared for the hotel to be running at 93%+ capacity. As a result, they are stretched thin and/or overworked. I will say the property and the rooms (ours at least) are beautiful (Exec Suite w. King Bed and Ocean View). As far as food - restaurant reservations and food options are extremely limited, pricey, and not out of this world (maybe just the fries when fresh). So if you plan on staying a while, make sure to make all of your reservations DAYS in advanced so you can get a good time slot.

If you decide to take a chance even after reading reviews (like me), just come here knowing that service will be a pain point and you'll have to be patient.

4  Thank anonymous1jerz

Dear anonymous1jerz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

I would love the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 340-775-3333.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 3 April 2021

Rooms were dirty - House keeping needs a total training for a 5 star hotel .Food was below average and overpriced. Had dinner with family on the beach ( 5 people including two kids ) that cost us 1550 with no alcohol. Staff organize taxi service to scam their guest. corrupt is the only word i can use. Total cost 45k for 5 nights .

Room tip: None to recommend
Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank NYCTRAVEL1010
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear NYCTRAVEL1010,

I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

I tried calling Cliff Brutus since he responds to all of these reviews - even while we were on property, but could never reach him. If you would really like to have a conversation then please call me. We were in 343E and checked out March 30th, last name starts with W, you should be able to find us. If I get any type of response I’ll update my review accordingly.

We had Club Level benefits for our 8 day trip, and the food in the club lounge is mediocre at best and the service is ridiculously slow. Be prepared to stand in line for 30 or more minutes to get any cocktails or food. Even just a simple rum and coke they have to go in the back and prepare for you and it takes forever. If there’s a line of 5 other people waiting forget about it! We understand some adjustments had to be made for covid, but they need a logistics expert to look at this situation. I don’t think this property was ready to open. They ran out of beach towels twice during our stay, we could never get a person to answer the phone or if we did they just left us on hold for 30 minutes (including before our departure, which should have been a red flag!) There was a dead orchid in the middle of the club lounge the day we arrived and 8 days later it was still there. A guest dropped a drink on the stairs and I had to ask that the glass be swept away after three days (the orange from the drink was still left behind. They originally put us in the wrong room at check-in and it took 4 hours to get the proper room, even though they said it was being cleaned immediately. The beach is very rocky, so bring water shoes. We’ve traveled all over the world and stayed at all levels of hotels and this was our second worst stay ever. Most definitely not worth paying Ritz prices for a Hampton Inn experience!

Of course, there were a few individuals who definitely had the Ritz training, but most seemed to have no idea that they worked in the service industry. In the club lounge Peter, Jade and T’(I’m going to get her name completely wrong) were great. Maria and Constantina also tried to be helpful. The taxi stand was quick and efficient as well. The reef right off the beach is also nice.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank morganacm
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Dear Morganacm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us and thank you for taking my call today, it was a pleasure speaking with you.

As we discussed, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas.

Stay safe.