7 people have started booking this hotel
Snaptravel
ZenHotels.com
Prestigia.com
1,254 results
All reviews club level lady lynsey in room dining coconut cove water sports beautiful property golf cart hobie cats turn down service paddle boards red hook blue water bottle of champagne sunset sail infinity pool resort fee ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

Beautiful property, and friendly accommodating staff - all of whom were masked appropriately to ensure safety. We liked having the options of the beach or pool, and water sports on premises. And for those of you who enjoy working out, the instructors and class options are terrific. Highly recommend cardio fitness with Ruth or yoga with Virginia!! The Ritz has restaurants on site, and is also close to other options, as well as the ferry in Red Hook. Visit now while it’s not too busy. Relaxing & refreshing. Can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Elle_sunandsand
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Dear Elle_sunandsand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We hope this will be the first of many trips back to
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas.

Stay safe.

Reviewed 21 January 2021

Family of 6 including a child had an amazing vacation..
First Ritz Carlton had safe covid precautions.

The service was impeccable starting with the food. Chef Abishek made a family members birthday truly memorable with a personalized bday cake and an incredible meal off the menu our family will take about as key memory of the trip. The Italian restaurant Alloro Chef Lopez also went out of his way to make vegetarian options for us.
Then the beach and pool was made special by Charles helping us with pool toys and Aaron getting us fresh coconuts from the town!
Couldn’t have asked for a better stay - great location and amenities!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gowrir2018
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Gowri H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we appreciate your comments about your culinary experience. I will be sure to pass your comments onto Chef Abhi, Chef Lopez, Charles and Aaaron.

We look forward to welcoming you home when you return to St. Thomas.

Stay Safe.

Reviewed 10 January 2021

Stopped in on Jan 1. 2021 for lunch and dinner and to watch the college football games. Booked a room ($2,200) but never planned to stay. I am a Platinum Elite member.

Sat at the pool bar with friends for some cocktails. Getting a drink was like asking for a favor. Getting a 2nd drink was twice as hard.

Watched some football in the room. Ordered room service for my friends. Took 1 1/2 hours to arrive. Order half complete. I didn't think to double check everything before letter the server leave the room. I assumed I didn't have to at a Ritz.

Order was half complete. 5 orders of Steak and Fries, but zero fries. No Chips and dip, etc we did get a ton of broccoli though. No enough forks and knifes. I assume we should share?

Called down immediately to correct the problem. No answer for over 15 minutes. 15 more minutes we received a ton of French fried, forks and knives, and the chips and dips.

Totally disappointed in this hotel

Room tip: Try a different hotel?
3  Thank WilliamA534
STTRZ Ritz-Carlton, Marketing at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Dear WilliamA534,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

I would love the opportunity to hear more about your experience.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 340-775-3333. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

We just returned from a quick trip to the Ritz. I read the reviews online about how poor the service is, but I assumed it was just slow - which I can deal with. Yes, the service is slow, but this is not the problem. The staff members seem almost annoyed by your presence. They speed past you on golf carts, they don’t offer to help as you look for chairs at the pool (a struggle in itself), they don’t say hello as they pass you by. The immediate response to every question or request is no, and in some cases they will even tell you to do it for yourself (for example, the concierge told me to “google it” “call myself” and “book on Viator”).
There seems to have been a complete lack of training as to what guests expect at a brand such as Ritz Carlton. I was incredibly disappointed.
Right now, Ritz is lucky that they are the only “5 star” accommodation on the island, but as that changes, they are going to have to make major changes to their service in order to justify their prices. What we experienced is 3 star level service at what should be a top tier hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank emilysmm

Dear emifsmith,

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

I expected way more for 1k/night stay. We had plumbing issues in our room, our shower wasn’t working had to get it checked twice and at one point our toilet wasn’t flushing. Property is just ok I’ve seen better. Rooms are newly renovated so that was nice. Food was overpriced and mediocre at best. Service was great in the pool area and restaurant, concierge, I’m appreciative of all of the staff serving us at the time of Covid they were so nice and friendly and this was probably the best part of the hotel. Good luck getting the front desk to answer your calls after hours, they seem to be under staffed, when our shower wasn’t working I had to walk all the way to the front to get help!!!!!! Overall very disappointing and expected more from the Ritz.

Date of stay: December 2020