1,106 results
All reviews club level lady lynsey sails restaurant water sports coconut cove beautiful property golf cart paddle boards nespresso machine hobie cats turn down service blue water bottle of champagne st john virgin gorda infinity pool resort fee
Reviewed 1 November 2016

From even before we arrived, the Ritz Service was out of this world! Chef Michael Grau went out of his way to make sure that we were able to enjoy the Club Level even with my difficult diet. He was so kind and even came over to introduce himself on our first day there. Ruth was so sweet and always greeted us with a Fabulous Smile when we came into the Club Lounge. The grounds were stunning, flowers everywhere! Capt Richard on the Sunset Sail did terrific job and was so friendly and delightful to be around, Jennifer, Jill, and Felicia at the Spa are all amazing! Housekeeping was so detailed and made each day such a pleasure! The service level was tops. I walked on the beach to find a chair and out of the blue, was greeted and did not have to lift a finger. My chairs were set up and moved to the area of my choice, fresh towels set up, and offered water. I am so amazed at what a perfect trip we had. The pool was under construction but the beach was so smooth and the service was impeccable that it did not even matter. The beds were SOOO comfortable; Pillows: Perfect; A.C.: Cold; Food: GREAT!! I would highly recommend Ocean View, Club Level Access. Thank you Chef Grau, Mrs. Ruth, Taylor, Brittany, Charles, Shirley, and Ian! You all are amazing!! We will be back!! God Bless You all!!

Room tip: Eugene Building, 4th floor, Ocean View, Club Level
1  Thank Tolli B
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Tolli B,

This is such a fantastic review to read-thank you for making my day! I truly love when our guests share their personalized service experiences, and highlight the ladies and gentlemen who made their stays special. I’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to everyone you mentioned. Thank you again, and we’re so looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We're a family of eight, which is always logistically challenging. We were scheduled to spend Thanksgiving at the Ritz for our 20th anniversary, but were unable to get any assistance booking dinner reservations for a family of eight. The last straw was when I called guest services for assistance with a "beach bbq" and never received a response beyond a cursory information email; when I tried to call back, I was told (all day) that they had stepped away from the desk. I don't get how guest services can be MIA for a whole day.

The reason you spend the $ for a place like the Ritz is for people to take care of your needs, and in this case I felt the service was not up to my expectations -- so we cancelled our entire itinerary, which I don't think I've ever done before, anywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
14  Thank TravelingDave2016
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear TravelingDave2016,

I want to personally apologize for the service breakdowns you experienced leading up to your stay, and also thank you for bringing them to my attention. This is not typical of The Ritz-Carlton experience, and will certainly be addressed immediately. In the meantime, I welcome you to reach out to me personally. I hope that someday we'll have the opportunity to welcome you to our beautiful resort, and show you the service for which we've come to be known.

Ian McPhee, Director of Operations
ian.mcphee@ritzcarlton.com; 340-775-3333

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We booked our trip last April to come here in October and spend 7 nights at the Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas. This is our first time to a Ritz Carlton property and to St. Thomas. We checked in a bit early (due to our flight schedule) and had to wait a couple of hours for our room. We had lunch at the Sails and enjoyed the food and service. When our room was ready we were please but were told that we'd have a complimentary upgrade since the infinity pool was closed for renovations. We did not get an upgrade but were happy with our room overall. We had inquired about using some of our Marriott Rewards points for a cash credit on our bill. The gentleman that checked us in said we could do that at any time during our stay. When we returned later that day to make that transaction we were told that we couldn't do it and a manager would contact us. The manager never contacted us so we went to the registration desk the next day and talked to the same lady. She called the assistant manager and he told us we had miles and not points, which was not at all the case. He finally called Marriott and took care of the transaction we had requested. This was not the type of service we expected from the Ritz Carlton. On a positive note, we are celebrating our wedding anniversary and they did send a bottle of champagne and a slice of cake to our room. We're still on the fence about the overall value of the hotel versus cost. We've had drinks and meals at all but one of their restaurants (and we have reservations there tomorrow). Time will tell.

Room tip: Had an ocean view king room
3  Thank Lori M
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear Lori M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in St. Thomas and I hope you’re enjoying your anniversary stay with us. I’d like to apologize for the missteps you experienced upon arrival. I’d love to speak with you personally while you are here at the resort. Please feel free to call me at 340-775-3333, ext. 8100 or email ian.mcphee@ritzcarlton.com. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced, and I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Ian McPhee, Director of Operations

Reviewed 30 October 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton last weekend and we had an amazing time!

The room: (#344) was well kept, clean, spacious, and had a lovely balcony with a view.

The service at the Ritz was top notch! I want to give a special thanks to Thiames (hostess at the Blue Water), Ithiel (server at the Blue Water), Shalom (beach attendant), Adam (golf cart driver), and so many more who greeted us everyday with a smile and a willingness to make our weekend spectacular!

Pool: At first I was concerned our time there was going to be not so pleasant since the pool renovation had not been completed (I prefer to lay at the pool and look at the beach...I know, sounds ridiculous) but they compted our in room wi-fi for the inconvenience. If you're going, make sure to ask if the pool is finished. I understand they had a delay because of hurricane Matthew that came through a couple weeks ago. There is a pool on their residence side that you can walk to or get a golf cart.

The restaurants: We ate at Blue Water twice and both times the service and food was delicious. I had the best lobster I've ever had there. However, Sails was lacking in quality. It was still good, but nothing like the Blue Water and the prices are still very high. I don't like Italian so we skipped Essenza and instead went to the Grand Palazoo (at the residence side). The food was great but again not as good as Blue Water. There is also a small cafe called Zest that served delicious toasted egg, bacon, and cheese croissants, muffins, and fresh made coffee. This was better and more reasonably priced than getting breakfast at the restaurant. Especially, if you're not a big breakfast eater.

The beach: They're beach is really nice. The chairs with the shades were a great way to escape the Caribbean sun without having to leave the beach. They have beach service and non-motorized water activities. You can borrow snorkeling gear and right off to the right and left of the beach are little rocky areas with decent snorkeling. I got on a raft and lounged in the water and had a snorkel mask and just laid there with my face in the water. It was a great way to be lazy and snorkel at the same time.

Tours: We took a private boat charter (Lazy Island Charter). Jason picked us up right on the beach with his boat!!! It was roughly the same cost as going through the hotel but we like to make sure our all of our money is going to the business instead of a third party. We went to Jos, Tortola, Norma (for lunch at the Pirate's Bight; great food), the caves, the Indians, and Mahoe (on St. John; snorkeled with sea turtles and sting rays). This day trip was the highlight of our trip. The Indians had the best snorkeling but Mahoe was cool to see the turtles and all the sting rays. Please check with the experts regarding the tides, currents, and weather conditions before agreeing to go to the Virgin Gorda's baths. From what we heard through others, the tides and currents were bad and the baths were not fun. We were glad that Jason advised us not to go there. I know this type of trip is expensive (my husband of course was hesitant about the cost) but really IT WAS THE BEST DAY!!! It was nice to do a private charter because we got to leave when we were ready to leave or stay longer if we wanted to.

The Club Lounge: Taylor (manager) and everyone else working in the Club was wonderful. The food was great, too! Breakfast is a full spread, lunch is light (finger sandwiches, salads, crudités, cookies, etc, and dinner was just appetizers and mini desserts. I believe the alcohol was free (maybe, I'm not a drinker) so if you're a small eater and like to drink the $125/day for club access is well worth it. You will spend that plus much more eating 3/meals a day at all the restaurants.

Thank you Ritz-Carlton for a wonderful wonderful vacation!!! We can't wait to come back.

1  Thank Aroundtheworld8075
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear Aroundtheworld8075,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your vacation memories with us. Thank you also for your compliments about our team of Ladies and Gentlemen-I’ll be sure to pass this along to those you mentioned. Finally, I want to thank you for your patience as we beautify our pool, which will be absolutely stunning when it’s done in a few short weeks! Just as you can’t wait to come back, we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

We have stayed at this property several times over the years and always find it a beautiful place in a fantastic setting. This time we were in St Thomas on a cruise ship and after shopping for several hours it was time to garb a taxi and head over to the RC for a few drinks and lunch before heading back to the ship. As usual, the property was in wonderful condition. The Sails Bar was not busy and we sat at the bar, taked with a couple already sitting there and ordered a few Painkillers followed by lunch. All delightful. Too soon it was time to head back. We will definatly return.

1  Thank Frank G

Dear Frank G,

Thank you for returning to see us, even if it was short and sweet! I’m happy you enjoyed lunch and the company, and as usual, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again!