All reviews coki beach infinity pool sea weed margarita maker main pool large hot tub murky water employees cleaning owner update presidential reserve volcano nachos bedroom presidential suite chill bar frozen margarita parrot show a losing battle coral world
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We were a little skeptical when booking because there were no reviews but that's because they had recently reopened after Irma. Everything was brand new and renovated. Their staff is extremely helpful & friendly. The restaurant is over priced as with most such resorts but the Red Hook area which is a short drive away has plenty of food options. Their beach isn't much of a beach and is covered in seaweed. I'd recommend going to any of the other spectacular beaches around the island. Coki beach is walking distance. Overall we had a great experience.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
4  Thank Leenay89
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

2 bedroom suite was very clean and spacious. Resort grounds were beautifully maintained. Staff was very accommodating and friendly in the resort. Staff at the pool bar was excellent & the food was good. We will definitely return. Just wish we knew leaving the airport that the resort has a taxi service/shuttle.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Nichole M
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Margarittavile follows the tested and true formula. As you walk the clean, manicured grounds you constantly hear Jimmy Buffet in the background. You better like him.
Very well planned out. Rooms are immaculate, kudos to housekeeping some of the best I have ever seen.
The staff is friendly. Literally everyone greats you with a hello or a smile.
The gym is small and very under equipped. Really one person can lift weights at a time. A waste of space. The stores have not yet reopened. The restaurant was way over priced and ate all my dinners out. Now the the bar. $9 for a horrible Margaritta (You are named after the drink, this should be your signature item and amazing). I was told it was Happy Hour and I get a second for free. I told the bartender that really paid no attention to me that" for $9 I am finishing my drink, for free, I would never want to touch it". My receipt said "Guy" That is not really professional. Say "Man", "Gentleman" "Blue Polo". Just rubbed me the wrong way. Captive audience I guess.
Would I stay here again. Absolutely. Clean, Safe and Friendly. Would I eat/drink here. Never.
On the ratings below is a question about walking the area. Outside I rated uncomfortable. Inside completely comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TravelQ6492QE
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The restaurants and bars are overpriced. The security is a joke. Half of the stores and things are not open. And you can’t even swim on the beach due to the amount of waste that is constantly washed up shore. They didn’t mention any of this when we booked our stay. Don’t waste your money here

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Olivia R
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Margaritaville in September. They are still recovering from the hurricane. The beach is closed due to never ending seaweed. The resort does daily removal but seaweed continues daily. There is a another beach, a short walk up a long hill. That is stunning. You don't need snorkel equipment as you can see the fish swimming by you. All of the resort employees were very friendly. They did have some activities but they were over by 9:00 pm the latest. Their little market/coffee shop is still closed and they don't even have any vending machines to get a can of soda. Plan on getting a taxi to the local market asap, unless you plan on spending a ton of money at Margaritaville Restaurant. The bar was fun. The other visitors were so friendly. Made some great friends and Wow what a beautiful island!

Trip type: Travelled with family