“Not so impressed”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Food was just ok - nothing to write home about. I understand their specialty nights - all you can eat - are better times to go. But for average night, I was not impressed.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Duffy’s on a Tuesday night and was excited about taco Tuesday from the last time we were there! We found a table and waited for quite some time. We then noticed there were no waiters in sight on the floor, only behind the bar.

A waiter finally comes out from the back and we managed to flag him down and ask about drink specials and taco Tuesday. He quickly rushed through what was going on and then rushed off. Not only did we not receive menus, they had gotten rid of taco Tuesdays!! Another table saw what went on and brought their menus over. After waiting, and waiting, we got up and left. So disappointing!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I've been several times on Wednesday for the lobster. It is good, not great. It's in the Red Hook area and there are several good places to eat. It is St. Thomas so it's higher than back home. You don't get a choice of sides, basically a baked potato and slaw. For someone that doesn't like slaw I would like a choice of sides.

As I mentioned above I've been several times and the service varies. There is an outside area that they can setup after 6 and it's better because the music is too loud. If you go with friends its hard to hear anyone talk.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had Caribbean Lobster on a Wednesday night. Was slightly over cooked, but it was very delicious. The place has a fun drink menu also.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Our driver recommended a stop at Duffy's for good food without a tourist vibe, so we stopped in for a late lunch.

We sat at the bar so as to be friendly, and ordered a virgin pina colada (best of my cruise), a burger for the hubs and a teriyaki chicken sandwich for me.

It's an open-air place, with a resident free roaming chicken, apparently, which was slightly weird since I was eating one of his kind but if he didn't mind, I didn't mind him being around. :)

The food was great, the conversation with the bar keep was great, and the extra-special dolphin straw in my drink was the icing on the cake.