Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$181
Orbitz.comUS$181
TravelocityUS$181
CheapTicketsUS$181
TripadvisorUS$181
StayForLong
All reviews angry nates rooftop pool very nice hotel next morning room was large wi fi housekeeping staff boardwalk microwave balcony island ac fort
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020

This is the largest hotel room I've been in. You could fit a family full of luggage in here. It is quite spacious. The hotel is next to the boardwalk which is one of the best areas to be on the island. There were various choices for breakfast and dinner.

Check in was swift. Wi-Fi was challenging. It appears it needed to be upgraded. As a business traveler, I did not get to complete any work the first night, especially since the night clerk did not have a work around. The next morning, the morning crew was able to assist so that I could get some work done before my meeting.

The property was well-maintained.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jartfam
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

The Holger Danske is centrally located near the water and where the restaurant and shopping action is in Christenstead. The room was large and clean with partial beautiful views of the harbor and the mountains. The balcony as awesome! We had a fridge and microwave which can in handy.
I would have given five stars except the nice front desk staff needs better training.
The day before we left, we arranged for a 12:30 checkout. However at 10:45 the next day we were told we had to vacate at 11am because someone was waiting for the room and the person who gave us the late checkout had no authority to do so.
Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jam613
Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

I was disappointed with Christiansted in general, the hotel was not different. This hotel is close to a boardwalk nearing the coast with a dozen of restaurants serving overpriced beer, drinks and food for tourists. No good restaurants near by. Close to a national park (Fort) that does not offer much to be seen. Hotel is old, poorly kept, slow WiFi. The only pro was that bathroom was clean.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank andytravelerrr
Reviewed 5 December 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights as I was in town for business, so here’s my take. This isn’t a 5 star hotel, probably a 3 star. It is showing signs of aging and could definitely use a total makeover, but you can’t beat the location. The free parking is a very small lot with perhaps 6 parking spaces. I have a company truck(full size crew cab)so I had to park in the lot in front of the hotel. Cost is $10 all day/night and $6 overnight only and it’s cash only. The hotel doesn’t cover the costs which I think it should. My room is a decent size with a king bed, tv with about 10 stations, mr. coffee, microwave and a refrigerator. Best part of the room is the AC system. It’s a ductless unit which keeps the room ice cold and it’s very quiet. All rooms balconies face the road and it’s very loud early in the mornings with trucks and the GD roosters at 5:30am cackling. The housekeeping staff did a really good job in straightened out the room. The one afternoon I came back around 4 after working outside all day in the burning sun and they turned the AC off and it was about 85 in the room. After that, I hid the AC remote the rest of the trip. I think it’s a decent hotel in a prime location next to shops and restaurants. Their is a rooftop pool overlooking the harbor, but I didn’t get a chance to enjoy it. Their is a direct path to Angry Nates bar and grill and also the boardwalk. If back in these parts again, I believe I would definitely stay here. At the end of the day I want a place to park the truck, get a shower, walk to get dinner and some drinks and then stumble back to my room and pass out for the night.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank heaterguy100
Reviewed 9 October 2019

We liked being so close to the boardwalk and we are divers who don’t need anything fancy so this worked! the staff is friendly and when our toilet stopped working it was fixed right away. we requested a late checkout due to our excursion not coming back until 12:30 and they let us have the room until 1pm which was so helpful! no continental breakfast which was one thing we would have loved before going diving instead of having to do full breakfast at Angry Nates but all in all, happy with it!

Date of stay: October 2019