Windsong Resort
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$670
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$1,068
Hotels.com
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$346
Travelocity
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$552
US$512
Orbitz.com
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,043
Point Grace(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,044
US$936
US$1,598
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$918
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$420
US$395
Elvoline
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,763
US$986
TripAdvisor
1,647 results
All reviewsjojo's cafedrift spajerk nightsomewhere cafegrace baycoral reeffull kitchencontinental breakfastthe penthousegrocery storepaddle boardsbedroom ocean front suitesnorkel gearocean viewsliding glassparrot fishour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2012

If you like long walks on the beach, relaxing on a beautiful beach, and excellent service-this resort is for you, too! We were thrifty, and did not have an oceanfront room, but we were very lucky to have a tall window facing the ocean-which we could leave open to hear the waves every night! The room was very clean. All staff was helpful and prompt. We had breakfast every day by the pool or overlooking the ocean. We tried lunch and dinner as well. Easy to get a taxi to shopping or restaurant. We could walk the beach for miles, and snorkel right out in front of our hotel...Honestly, our resort seemed much nicer and less crowded than the all- inclusive, family resort down the beach! We will definitely go back and splurge for an ocean front room!

Room Tip: If you are not oceanfront and just need a studio (2 travelers) ask for 224L
Reviewed 14 April 2012

On arrival at the Windsong after a 15 minute drive from the airport, we found a delightful staff, ready and eager to accommodate. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, and while decor tends toward "elegant Caribbean," there are some modern luxury touches than enhance the stay: Frette linens in the bath, sophisticated stone tile and a deep soaking bathtub, great climate control, large fridge for personal use, coffee/tea maker, microwave and sink in the kitchen area, in-room safe, large closet and spacious storage. The pool is well-designed with an walk-over bridge. The Windsong's beach, although a bit down the road from the strip of Grace Bay's large 1000+ room hotels (which to us, was a blessing !), has spectacular snorkeling and powder sugar smooth sand. The cafe has great bartenders, lovely service, and well-done, tasty, although not elegant food. It is easy and lovely all the way around. The staff are outstandingly pleasant and genuinely want guests to enjoy. Every recommendation made for on-island activities and dining were perfect. Would easily return here at any time over many other properties we saw and recommend the same to friends. A particularly great value for the price too !

Room Tip: Name your desire: quiet garden view, two story suite with a roof top Jacuzzi, or anything in between... the desk staff is more than accommodating and will work to suit your pleasure. All rooms are quiet. Know that some are en suite, and if you don't have the full suite, you may be sharing a main door with guest in another room--not to despair: you will have full privacy, but only a shared foyer. Ask if you really care about this detail.
1  Thank DenverDoctorMom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was a great location! If you enjoy snorkelling, you just walk a few steps from you beach chairs directly in front of the resort and you are in the best off beach snorkeling area in Grace Bay. This is a protected area where you can see unbelievable marine life just a few feet off the beach. This allows you to go out multiple times during a day at the times you want to go out. The resort has an outdoor restaurant, JoJos, which is located between the back of the resort and the beach. You can enjoy a meal there or they will bring it to you on the beach or at tables on the dunes overlooking the beach. Rooms were very well constructed and furnished with a first class look. The views from the oceanfront rooms allow you to see the many shades of color from the waters of Grace Bay and see the protected snorkeling area. There is a new club called the Havana Club at the resort. There are slot machines there and they have special nights with various entertainment for guests. You can also enjoy dinner in the Havana Club during many of the special nights. The weather was almost like the movie "Ground Hogs Day", we have never had such consistently good weather on a vacation before. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get oceanfront room to enjoy the spectacular view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Guy F
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Wingsong is hands down the best resort I've ever stayed at. From the rooms, views, service and staff I honestly felt like I was in Heaven. I planned this trip through TripAdvisor and Expedia back in December as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. We've never been to Turks & Caicos but I had my mind set on going to the island because I knew I was going to propose to her on the beach. The reason I choose the Windsong was because of their rave reviews as well as being listed as a Travelers Choice Top 25 Winner! Our stay was for 5 nights: 3/29-4/3 and I can't wait to go back.

First off I need to thank Mike (the General Manager) for making our stay unforgettable! We were a lucky couple because we got to stay in the Windsong Villa. Words can't describe how breathtaking the Villa actually is. When I first walked in and saw the view I felt like I was dreaming. Wall to wall windows looking out at a private pool, beach and crystal clear ocean. There's a huge living room, master bedroom, guest bedroom, 2 bathrooms (master bathrooms shower has dual heads and is huge), minibar, laundry room and a state of the art kitchen. The outside has a huge patio with dinning table & chairs, lounge chairs, love set, and private pool looking out over the ocean. The Villa has it's own staircase going down to the beach as well. It doesn't even feel like it's part of the resort it's so private and exclusive. Falling asleep listing to the waves breaking on the beach and waking up in our own paradise was like being in Heaven.

The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in. They made us dinner reservations at local restaurants, called cabs for us, and even gave us suggestions on places to go during the evening. If you stay at the Windsong you'll meet Charles, one of the nicest people I've ever met and will never forget. Charles brought us breakfast on the patio every morning, drinks at the pool in the afternoon, and was a pleasure to talk to. Quick tip: try the Rum Punch, the Windsong makes it the best in my opinion.

The best part of my vacation was watching the sunsets from our patio. So during a perfect sunset on the third day I asked my girlfriend to marry me and put a ring on her finger. She said YES! We will never forget 3/31/2012 at the Windsong which now has us thinking about returning for a destination wedding!

It's no wonder why the Windsong was a Travels Choice Top 25 Winner. If your looking for relaxing vacation in paradise with top-notch service book your stay at the Windsong...and if you want the best room at the Windsong book the Villa. I guarantee it will be the best vacation of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Book the Villa. It's private, exclusive, and absolutely breathtaking!
3  Thank Nikon2kool
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The Windsong is top notch in almost every way. My wife and three sons (aged 12, 10 and 8) stayed in room 224S (a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite) from March 31 through April 4 and we had an absolutely wonderful time. We picked the Windsong because we've experienced Caribbean vacations where the hotel had good snorkeling just off its beach (in St. Thomas and in Bermuda), and after having done some research, we learned that the Windsong's beach is just off a reef (Bight Reef). The reef is between the Windsong and the Coral Gardens (next door), which essentially almost makes it the Windsong's private reef. And it is truly outstanding - I wouldn't be surprised if I was told that it was the best hotel snorkeling in the entire Caribbean. While the bulk of the reef is roped off so that people don't swim right over the heart of it and accidentally kill the coral, it's of a manageable size and you can easily snorkel around it (and you do still have access to a good bit of coral reef), seeing a vast array of different types of fish - large numbers of parrotfish, different types of snappers, wrasses, tangs, and much more! We saw sea turtles swimming in the sea grass to the left of the reef, a number of lionfish lurking, a few barracuda hanging around, a couple of small eels, a lobster, and even a sea horse. Just awesome. The one quibble is that the snorkel gear you rent from the Sail Provo shop on the Windsong property (for $10/day) isn't of great quality. But one tip I learned that helped a great deal is that if you want to keep your goggles defogged, use Johnson's baby shampoo on the inside of the lenses.

But I didn't even get to the room, or the service.

The 2 bedroom suite was spec-tac-u-lar. I think it actually is the 1900 square feet advertised on the Windsong website and everything is really nice and quite new. Marble floors, high end appliances, kitchen equipped with everything you'd need, washer/dryer in your suite (with a little bit of complementary detergent), large bathrooms with a great shower area, comfy beds, and very nice furniture throughout (including on the unbelievable ocean front deck). The living room was on a corner and had glass doors on two walls which allowed you to enjoy breathtaking beach views. The owner of the suite had a few games in the room, which was a nice touch (and you can also borrow board games and books from the front desk which is nice too). In any case, this was a room you *want* to actually spend some time in.

The service was excellent. Anything you need, just ask and a member of the staff will cheerfully assist. A shout-out to Charles - the fellow who looks after guests on the beach - as he's simply outstanding. Continental breakfast is included and it's really very good - and the "non-continental" add-ons (like mini-pancakes, waffles, or two eggs) are very reasonably priced (the only reasonably priced thing in all of Turks and Caicos!) - only $3 apiece. The staff at Jojo's (the pool-side / beach front restaurant) is very friendly and took good care of us. And you can eat in the restaurant area, by the pool, or in one of the tables overlooking the beach (which is as nice as it sounds). The lunch and dinner menu has a decent selection, and the food quality outside of breakfast is good (but not great). (If you have an oceanfront room, you should definitely have at least one meal on your amazing deck)

As for the grounds, they're not too extensive but they're very nice and very well maintained. The pool was rather quiet - most of the time we used it we either had it to ourselves or there was another family or two in the pool (and we were there the week before Easter which is a busy time). A tip - if you have kids bring some inflatable rafts to T&C with you. We bought a few inflatable tire-shaped floats from the nearby Graceway supermarket (a very nice supermarket) and the kids had a blast splashing around and playing (even roughhousing) with them in the pool. The pool has an attached hot tub (separated by a wall from the pool) and is steps from the beach, which as I noted earlier is amazing with that classic Caribbean white sand and the lovely turquoise waters. Kayak use is complementary (and two life vests are complimentary as well - additional vests are $5 each). If you want to take a banana boat ride or anything else, you can just ask at the Sail Provo shop and they'll be happy to call someone over for you. The local Snuba business (mix of snorkeling and scuba diving - we really enjoyed it) is run off of the Coral Gardens beach next door as it takes advantage of the proximity to the reef.

Finally, a few comments on the area around the hotel. This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and we understand why it's so highly reviewed (even if it’s the most expensive place we’ve ever vacationed, and we’ve been on some pretty decent vacations). It's simply beautiful, and while I saw some people lamenting how much more developed it is than it used to be, it's far from over-developed. Each hotel feels like it's pretty stand-alone. The good news - it's not at all over-crowded. The down-side (if you'll call it that) - there isn't too much in walking distance. The Coral Gardens next door has a good Tex-Mex restaurant in it (the Somewhere Cafe) but other than that you're going to need a car or a taxi. All taxis on T&C are vans and they charge by the person, so with our family of 5 I decided to rent a car after the first day and I was very happy I did. (although driving on the left side of the road takes some getting used to if you're American!) The Beaches mega-resort is two hotels away to the right, and it's a 10 minute walk to get there. The supermarket is only a couple of minutes drive away (I had to pay $10 each way for a cab) or a 20 minute walk (that I wouldn't recommend), and it actually has some quite reasonably priced prepared meals you can buy. We didn't take advantage of that but it would have saved a decent chunk of change and I wish I'd done it the night we ate on our deck... The downtown Grace Bay area is about a 10 minute drive away.

We walked around the Beaches resort one day and it felt a bit like being at Disney. It's the polar opposite of the Windsong experience. The grounds there were pretty great, there were tons of dining options, and even an on-site water park, but we wouldn't have traded for anything. If you're looking for a spectacular beach-front Caribbean experience that is intimate yet still a lot of fun (assuming you're happy with sun, sand, a pool, and outstanding snorkeling), the Windsong is sure to please.

Room Tip: Oceanfront means truly oceanfront! And it seems most of the suites have corner views of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family