All reviews ocean club grocery store screened in porch full kitchen within walking distance junior suite grace bay tennis courts caicos cafe washer dryer third floor coco bistro rented a car sister resort through vrbo vaulted ceilings beautiful beach
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This resort was lovely, and the service outstanding. This was my third trip to the island. I have previously stayed at Seven Stars and The Alexandra (prior to it becoming an all-inclusive property). I’d say that overall, the service at Ocean Club West was the best.

Three of us checked into a two-bedroom Beach Front resort in the Sea Breeze Building. We were offered rum punch and it was delicious! We had requested an upper floor but were given a ground-floor unit. However, when we opened the patio door and saw the view, we were beyond happy with it and didn’t request a change. In addition to the view of the ocean, you could see some pretty sea grass and it was just so lovely. You couldn’t really see people due to the grass. There was a little path right out to the beach, and even a hammock to use. Perfect!

The patio had a bar-stool-height table and chairs where we could sit on the screened-in balcony and enjoy the view with our breakfast, coffee, lunch, and pre-dinner wine and snacks.

The unit itself was immaculate and the kitchen and bathrooms looked modern and updated. The beds were comfortable and both bathrooms were large, with spacious showers and counters. The kitchen was roomy and well-equipped with a dishwasher, etc.

The property is well maintained with a lovely pool and gardens.

We enjoyed a meal of appetizers at the on-site restaurant, Solana, the first night so much that we repeated it again a couple nights later. (Conch chowder and shrimp 3 ways.) I also had a very good breakfast there, and took dinner to my room one night. We also enjoyed a breakfast a Ocean Club East one morning.

The staff at front desk was professional, pleasant and accommodating. I spoke with Bianca a few times; she was very helpful. Danielle checked me into my second room (I moved to a smaller room for an extended 3-day stay when the others went home; this was also a lovely room though no ocean view) and she was also very pleasant. She called not 10 minutes after I was in the 2nd room to make sure everything was to my liking (it was!). A third woman had checked us in for our original stay and she was also very pleasant.

Harry at the beach was very friendly, and greeted us each morning. The housekeepers were all nice and did a great job.

We had the pleasure of multiple cleanings by Luz. She left us thank you notes for her tips and even made a couple of towel designs on the beds one day. When I stayed in my single room, I had left a couple of dishes in the sink. (This room didn’t have a dishwasher.) I told her she didn’t have to do the dishes but she insisted, saying I worked hard and deserved the break. Service with a smile! She even came onto the balcony to let me know my coffee was ready! She went above and beyond!

I am so sorry that I am unsure of their names, but two gentlemen (working on the morning of August 6th) who really stood out helped me with a rental car issue I had just after I had checked out.

The porter (he mentioned he was from the Bahamas, and I think his name may have started with a W?) had brought my bags over from my room. I went to unlock the car, and my battery had died. (I realized I had left the lights on the night before.) I ran back to the lobby, very stressed, and asked Bianca if she could call Avis for me. She said that she could, but she could also have maintenance jump it for me. She immediately produced jumper cables and called maintenance. The guy from maintenance and the porter both helped me, and had me on my way in about 5 minutes.

I asked if they thought it was okay if I made the two stops I’d planned on when going to the airport, which would mean turning off the car again. They told me to drive around for a few minutes, come back to the OCWparking lot, turn off the car, and try restarting it. If it restarted, I would be fine; if not, they would jump it again and I could go straight to the airport. What great service for a problem of my own making that had nothing to do with the property! I was able to make the 2 stops and get to the airport early.

Bianca and the two guys turned a stressful situation into a very minor issue. I can’t thank them enough!

There were only two small negatives: after about 3 days in the beachfront room, a larger group arrived in the unit above us. They were constantly moving furniture and it scraped on the tile floor, which could be heard loudly in our unit. This wasn’t just at mealtimes with chairs sliding back and forth; it was all day long. Very noisy, but at least it stopped at night. Some felt padding on the bottom of chairs would make this a non-issue, but most times I’m sure people wouldn’t be moving furniture like that.

The 2nd issue was various guests playing loud music on the beach and in the ocean. One family had it cranked up so loud I thought it was the restaurant. I asked two different parties to turn it down and I think someone else asked a third party, over the course of 2 days. It was only an issue 2 afternoons out of 9, and the same thing happened at another resort on a previous trip, so it’s not the resort’s fault. But people, please, use headphones on the beach or play the music at a volume only you can hear! Some of us want to hear only the waves!

All in all, though, OCW was a great property with fantastic staff and I highly recommend it!!! I will be happy to stay there on my next trip back!

Room Tip: Get the beach front unit if you can!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank travel_jen_NJ
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

What a lovely and heartfelt review, thank you. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We feel our staff sets us apart and appreciate your comments and taking the time to name Bianca, Danielle, Henry and Luz. And I believe the two gentlemen that assisted were Davin and Leonardo, perhaps William. I emailed you separately to confirm.
We are sorry to hear there was noise. Please let us know next time as we are happy to intervene on behalf of a guest.
On behalf of all of us we look forward to welcoming you back!
Our Best,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

out favorite get away place to stay. friendly people. great beach with free watersport equipment. close enough to walk into town ad the grocery store. rooms are large and most of full kitchens. great place for a family vacation

Stayed: July 2018
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review! We love hearing Ocean Club West is your favorite get away!!! Certainly hope to see you again soon! Until then...

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We just returned from a week's stay in unit 212 (a two-bedroom, 2.5 bath ocean view suite), and have only good things to say about Ocean Club West. The unit itself was clean, spacious and well-equipped, and the property is beautifully landscaped and maintained. We were just steps away from the beach, the pool, and the restaurant, which suited us just fine but might be a bit noisy for families with small children or anyone who goes to bed very early. We enjoyed being able to hear the music while sitting on our screened porch in the evenings. When we arrived, our unit's sliding glass doors were open and ceiling fans running, and the breeze was so pleasant that we never turned the air conditioning on during our stay.

Of course, the beach is the real star of the show...miles of soft sand and crystal clear water. The resort supplies plenty of chairs, towels, and umbrellas, as well as kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and life vests, all without additional charge. Tropical drinks and food are available at the restaurant, and occasionally service was available on the beach. Food and beverage prices are probably average for the area, but meals are expensive all over the island. We ended up walking up to the grocery store and purchasing some staples for breakfast and lunch to save a few dollars. One night we took the shuttle over to the other piece of the resort and had dinner at the cabana bar, which was a beautiful place to view the sunset. The two pieces of the resort are farther apart than the website would lead you to believe… It's a bit over a mile by the main road, so the shuttle is nice and it runs frequently enough that there's not a long wait.

We were very impressed by the OCR staff, who were very friendly and willing to help. A quick note about handicap accessibility: while there are no elevators, the first floor units are pretty accessible, as is most of the property with the exception of the stairs required to get onto the beach. I use a mobility scooter and was easily able to get around. I parked my scooter at the top of the stairs to the beach (there are only four or five stairs) and was able to walk onto the beach with the assistance of my husband and a very kind security guard. The sidewalks between OCR West and all of the shopping areas are a little iffy. Most of the time ramps or curb cuts are available, but there are a couple of places where I had to briefly go in the street before getting back on the sidewalk. It can be done, but wheelchair accessibility is clearly not a high priority in Turks and Caicos at this point, as is the case in most of the Caribbean. Our room had a roll in shower with a ledge in the corner, but no actual shower seat.

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Providenciales, and would definitely stay at OCR again. We have already recommended the resort to friends who are planning a honeymoon next year. If you have never been to Turks and Caicos, you should definitely begin planning your trip, and heed the best packing advice I've heard: after you think you're done packing, open your suitcase and take out half the clothes and add twice as much money and twice as much sunscreen.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CMichener
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your outstanding review and recommending us to your friends! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay! We will be sure to share your compliments with the staff – they always love hearing they made a difference in a guest’s stay!
On behalf of all of us we look forward to welcoming you back! Many thanks!
Our Best,

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at OCW from August 11 to August 17, 2018. My room was 526, which has views of the pool and in the distance the Atlantic Ocean. It is classified as a Junior Suite.

The suite was very nice and comfortable with more than enough space for me as a solo traveler. It had a full kitchen with full sized appliances including a stacked washer and dryer. I brought a case of spring water with me, but discovered that the potable tap water was perfectly fine without any off taste or odors.

The room is an open concept meaning there is no separate bedroom. The television was small, but had a good variety of cable channels. The WiFi worked well with speeds enough to stream video. The balcony was enormous maybe 10 by 40 feet and was screened in. It had a table and a chaise lounge. Two ceiling fans inside and two on the balcony.

The resort does a great job maintaining the grounds, which were lush. The pool was very inviting as the maintenance staff cleaned it every afternoon.

Solana, the restaurant onsite, was very good with a great variety of menu items to eat in overlooking the beach or to go. The prices were very reasonable. Service time was excellent, less than 30 minutes for everything I ordered.

The beach, well what more can be said? Probably the widest section of Grace Bay beach to be found. It was very clean with plenty of pink umbrellas and chairs. Never a problem getting a lounge. The water was the turquoise you’ve seen in the pictures. Words don’t it justice.

Special accolades to Bianca who helped me seek medical attention after becoming dehydrated on day 2. Drink plenty of water because the island gets very hot and humid in August.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Jonathan W
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your review and advice on drinking plenty of water. We appreciate your praise of Bianca and will be certain to share. Hope we have the pleasure to see you again soon.

Our Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This was my family's second visit to Providenciales. The first time we went in 2015 and stayed at the Villa Del Mar which is literally across the road from Ocean Club West. We enjoyed our stay at the Villa Del Mar but wanted at least some Ocean view this time. Also, don't let people tell you there are no mosquitoes. There are a ton of them and those who are favoured by them will have to spray themselves. This was another reason why we chose this resort since the lanai are screened. Most of the other resorts don't have this and so I am unable to sit outside at night.
We stayed in a nice deluxe studio unit on the second floor overlooking the pool and the ocean beyond that. My brother in-law had an updated unit just above us. Third floor units seem to all have vaulted ceilings. His unit also had a netted second front door so that you could create an extremely airy environment by opening all the balcony doors. Again, you have to be careful when you do this because all the hallway mosquitoes might get blown into your unit.
As for the beach, the water is still great. There are some small stingrays and some yellow tailed fish but if you are afraid, the water is clear enough that you can get out. There was an inordinate amount of broken shells on the beach which is probably attributable to the past season's big hurricanes. It can be a bit uncomfortable to walk in the sand without sandals. Nearer to the water the sand is perfect of course.
We saw a lot of people using the pool. We never used the pool once. The gardens are kept immaculately and the staff are reserved friendly.
In summary, when we go back to Turks and Caicos, I'd look to stay here first over other places. The cost to value compared to the other resorts is exceptional.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank pladypus

Thank you for choosing Ocean Club West for your second visit to Provo! We are happy to hear you were pleased and would look to stay with us over other places.
Hope your next stay has less mosquitoes – we have had some rainfall which brings them out more. Glad to hear you enjoyed the screened lanai – they do function as another room. The tide can bring some broken shells that can be at the water line.
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share and look forward to welcoming you back. Until then…
Warmest Regards,