All reviews turtle cove hot tub minute walk tiki hut full kitchen walking distance washer and dryer gelato shop grace bay rooftop pools clean condo no elevator flights of stairs great place to stay hired a car shark bites studio unit
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We went to turks for a wedding but wanted to stay somewhere more in our price range. This is exactly what we were looking for - close enough to the wedding hotel yet no frills. Was clean, has pools but we definitely did not hang out here. The hotel is not on the beach but a close walk to it. It is close to everything else (the fish fry and all other 'night life')- although the island is small so getting anywhere is close really. There is a very nice restaurant with great food at the hotel - they also have live music some nights. The staff was also very nice. All in all, it is an affordable hotel and worth it if you plan to spend very little time here and more so on the beach, etc. One other thing to note is that some rooms do have quite a few stairs in order to get to them so make sure you either request something on the bottom floor if this is a problem.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cali0503
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Ok, where do I start....The hotel grounds are beautiful and clean, the view from the pool area is gorgeous. Now, the bad part (or maybe it was me misunderstanding...)
We came here after 10 days in South Caicos at their "sister" resort which was phenomenal (East Bay Resort) so we had pretty decent expectations. Stairs, stairs, stairs. Yes, on Travelocity where we booked it said it does indeed have an elevator. However, you have to climb 85 stairs to get to the elevator which then only goes up 3 floors. We were in Rm 2206. Great view from the gorgeous outdoor balcony. We had booked a suite and when we got to the hotel they put us in a studio. They blamed the mixup on Travelocity. Right.
There was no coffee, no laundry soap, no paper towels, no Kleenex, nothing to wipe up mac and cheese my daughter dropped on the floor except toilet paper. ...I actually asked the maid for some paper towels and was told I had to buy them. East Bay had all those amenities. People are right when they say you need a car. There are good restaurants nearby but no grocery stores. Simone's restaurant is great as well as Baci. Our favorite though is Sharkbite's(Cracked conch is to die for). We did try the gelato shop on site at the hotel and it was yummy. Everywhere you go the people are so very nice and for the most part helpful. We had to really ask for help with our luggage. It's really hard dragging 5 suitcases up 85 stairs. The two pools on site were very nice. They had workers there fixing some tile tables(?) while we were there, cutting tile outside, but did not bother us. The view from the room was amazing! The condo on the inside needed some help. Needs some updating, furniture was really lumpy. I don't think this is a "bad" place to stay, it's just not for us. This place is more like an apartment than a condo/hotel.

Room tip: 2306 is nice. One bedroom suite on a corner
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Brinsons
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place! This is such a nice complex with wonderful people, fantastic gelato shop and a really nice restaurant all within the complex. We had a one bedroom condo with a balcony and it was perfect. Washer and dryer were an added bonus. Almost always had clean towels since we could wash them. Pools were a nice treat to come home to and just relax....some more. Not located in the heart of Grace Bay however if you like to not be in the touristy section - you’ve found your place. 5 or so restaurants within walking distance, gelato on site, beaches within a 10 minute walk and one of the best reefs to snorkel within that 10 minute walk. Such a nice place, my husband and I are trying to see how we could actually purchase a condo here. Awesome resort!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paradise620288
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at La Vista Azul on 6/30/18 and the room was clean and spacious with a great view! I was very disappointed when I wanted to take a shower and the water was cold, I ran the shower for 10 minutes hoping it would warm up a bit and it didn’t. I call the front desk and was told that maintenance would be there right away and maintenance NEVER showed up. I called the front desk a second time hours later with no follow up from the staff and told them it was getting late and I was going to bed without a shower. I would have given a 5 Star if I could have showered.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2018

A car is a must in the area where this venue is located. A bit far from the beach, but close toma few good restaurants. Itwas a very clean room, but odd that the maids used the washer/ dryer in the room to clean linens. So, if I left clean clothes in the dryer, they would remove them and not put them back after theirloads were done!Kitchen was not properly equipped, lacking bowls, can opener, and large pans. Hot outdoor jacuzzi was always cold.

Date of stay: March 2018