Well, sure, this review is late, but people get busy, ya know. :)
My wife and two sons (5 years old, 9 months old) stayed for a week here in September 2011. We had originally been booked into the Beaches in Turks and Caicos, but they shut themselves down for renovations, forcing us to look for other accommodation. All I have to say is "Thank God Beaches shut themselves down", as Sands at Grace Bay was absolutely wonderful.
We had originally been booked into the Oceanview 2 bedroom unit, but after dealing with a few minor issues with the room, we were moved to a Oceanfront 2 BR unit, and all I can say is "Wow". The bonus of this resort that you don't see in all the T+C resorts is a fully-screened- in balcony. With the big-time mosquito population at night, this made a huge, huge difference. It was wonderful to sit on the balcony (which I ball-parked at being at least 600 sq ft) in the early morning or late at night and just enjoy the view and atmosphere.
The unit was spacious, with 2 full bathrooms, and two very comfortable bedrooms. They also gave us a very nice crib for our baby son. A fully-equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer also helped a lot.
The swimming pools were such a highlight that just yesterday, our 5 year old asked us if we could go back to T+C to swim in the pools. There were several of them - a large one near Hemingway's; a smaller one with a waterfall and a lazy river; and another one tucked away. This is where we spent a lot of our time. The beach was also wonderful, and when everyone says that T+C have the best sandy beaches, they are not lying. Never in my life had I seen the white sand beaches they have on T+C. The water was so clear, we could see schools of fishes swimming around our ankles!
Hemingway's, the on-site restaurant, was a treat to eat at. Our 5 year old, without any prompting from us, managed to order a different thing off of the kid's menu each day, and loved it all. I myself was partial to anything conch-related, but they did a great job with all of the food. Hemingway's also "delivers" to you pool-side, which was a big plus, when you have 2 kids and need to watch them.
I would not complain about anything from our trip, as the service and the attentiveness that the staffr showed us was quite nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales