“WE WILL BE BACK”

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Miami, Florida
“WE WILL BE BACK”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The Best Hotel that I have stayed in the Caribbean so far!

Check in quick and Easy! Our Garden View Room was Immaculate.

The Beach-Amazing, Pool - Nice, Landscaping - Above Average, Pelican Bay Restaurant - To Die For....So many tasty local dishes and the Sunday Jerk Fiesta was so much fun.

The Live entertainment (Keno) made the night....

We will definitely be back to RWI..... Soon....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vernw81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Hebrew first
Jersey city
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We choose RWI because of the price and it was wonderful. Our room overlooked the pool and was always quiet. At times we felt like we were the only guests. We enjoyed the bar and restaurant. The staff was lovely and our room was clean. We always had towels and anything else we needed. For the price - it was a little gem!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa Y
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We love this hotel. This was our third stay there! It is small and quiet. I love the fact that the buildings are just 3 stories high. The gardens are lush and the staff is very helpful. This time we took a studio and even the studios are equiped with a fridge; sink; coffee maker; toaster and microwave, making for easy breakfasts and lunches and sundowners on your patio/terrace. Studios also have a washer/dryer, which I never used until this trip. It was nice to wash some of the sun lotion out of the beach clothes before repacking. Never any problems getting towels or beach chair or signing out the beach toys - great hobie cat. Close to every thing including within walking distanct to some great restuarants like Coco Bistro and close enough to walk to Ports of Call for shopping, ice cream or a massage at Spa Tropique.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ctsailor1
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Just got back, beautiful place, great beach, staff was unbelievable! Food was also great! but I wish someone had warned me about the "quite" pool and "quite" island. It was like sitting in a library at the pool, on the beach, everywhere. No laughing children, just shhhing from parents who would not let the kids be kids. No one talked to anyone, just stared at you if you were having fun. The natives were great, the tourists were cold! I call this island the "book club by the sea". Thankfully at times we could hear a bit of music and laughter from Club Med and felt a little bit of life going on. Just too quite for me, I don't want parties and clubs, but I would have preferred to a least speak to the person next to you and make some kind of connections. A little bit to snobby for my taste. But hotel and beach and staff were the best! Couldn't do enough for you, they need the business. Extremely pricey island though.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the "quite pool" if you are an early riser and like to sit on the verand...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank fofaki
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is our 3rd time at The Royal West Indies and I have never been so sad to see a place go down hill. My room was 721 and the dishwasher was full of rust.I called for maintenance but he said he'd let the owner know. That was it.I had to handwash everything. The microwave was rusted also. Housekeeping never cleaned very well.It looks likes they came in to just dust a little bit.
The front desk was very rude whenever I asked any questions. It seems to me like they were bothered by answering any questions I had.The excursions desk was even worse. She was very rude and gave very vague answers to my questions.They push tours like crazy and offered no advice on restaurants. I asked her to call a phone number for me and she said she couldn't find the phone number. I had to do everything by myself on the internet. Thank God for this site. It was helpful to me b/c I had no help at all from anyone at the Royal West Indies. While I was on the beach I asked the towel guy if he knew how much the bannana boat was and he said $30 and he'd call one for me, if I needed one. I said I was okay, thanks anyway.
I walked up to the bannana boat myself and he said $20. Everyone was money hungry and I was disgusted. The bar was terrible. It took 45 mins for 4 virgin pina coladas.
Bottom line...rude staff...terrible room cleaning. I won't go back.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
15 Thank sylgre
Jeffrey B, Manager at Royal West Indies Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank for you for your comments and I am sorry that you did not have a good experience on your 3rd visit to Royal West Indies Resort. The Resort has some of the highest customer service ratings on the island and it is quite surprising that you encountered these problems. In terms of the dishwasher, a replacement was made available shortly after the complaint was lodged, however, our maintenance technician was told that it could wait until the next day, which was the day that you were checking out. The microwave does have "minimal" rust on the inside due to the salt air that all the resorts experience on the island. We have a shipment arriving soon in which that microwave will be scheduled for replacement.

Our housekeeping staff take pride in their work and follow strict cleaning guidelines which are checked everyday. Your comments will be reviewed with our Operations Manager who oversees that department.

The front desk and tour desk are both located in the main lobby. The tour desk does not provide information on restaurants and is operated separately. We have not had any complaints from any other guests regarding lack of information or knowledge on restaurants. However, your comments will be reviewed at the next front office meeting.

In terms of the "towel guy" quoting you a price for the banana boat, he is actually correct as it is $30 with most providers of this activity. There are some that offer less and some that offer more, depending on the operator. We do not keep track of their prices, especially since there are several banana boat operators. We always encourage the guest to get the quote directly from the operator as it is not activity that is offered by the resort.

The bar service has been known to be very quick, however, beach service may take a little longer depending on the number of orders and the distance of the bar from the beach. As well, drink service during the evening will take a little longer as the restaurant has been very busy over the past 2-3 months. Your comments will be sent and reviewed with the restaurant operators and the bar manager.

Again, we are take your comments very seriously and we will make every effort to rectify some of these issues that have been raised.