“Beautiful location”

Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Hamilton, Canada
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from Club Med Turk and had a great week. The rooms definitely need upgrading as others have said but the location is amazing. The grounds are beautiful and the beach and ocean are awesome. The ocean bottom for swimming is the best I have seen beautiful and sandy. You can isolate yourself if you are seeking quiet or join in multiple activities available. Our daughter did the horseback riding and highly recommends it as the horses go right in the water along the beach. The food is good with lots of variety but found the dining rooms quiet noisy. All in all a great trip but if you are looking for luxury rooms you will not find them.

Room Tip: Rooms in D building 2129 have an ocean view but are considered garden kings.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank luvmbug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
margate, nj
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I really enjoyed my vacation at this facility. The weather and water were fabulous. For the most part, the staff was friendly and responsive. I had issue with the woman who dispensed the beach/pool towels. Rumor had it that we were each limited to one towel per person due to a shortage. How can a beach resort not have enough towels for its members? I found her extremely rude. Nor do I find two towels per guest to be excessive. The rooms were adequate, but every time we showered, the bathroom floor took a bath. We used at least 2 towels just to absorb water that leaked through the shower doors and onto the floor. There were also tiles missing from inside the shower. The food was delicious and lots of variety to suit almost anyone's taste. One note of caution, there was about a foot or two of pebbles and/or shells to walk through to get into the ocean. So don't forget your water shoes. All in all, a wonderful and relaxing vacation!!!! I would absolutely return again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank elliekats
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I had the best time this past January in Club Med Turks and Caicos. Everyone was so great - and it was pure fun. I have to say that 3 GO's stand out - virginie in human resources - she made my trip! She was so amazing, sweet and made me feel like I was at home- i miss you virginie! -

Maureen Lortie - Fitness - so sweet, fun, amazing classes from yoga on the dock to indoor boot camp, maureen you are the best and I miss you too!

Abdel - entertainer chief - so awesome - also made me feel so at home - you made me smile every day and i am so happy to have met you. E

you and the other go's make club med so fabulous. i cant wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear lillian k k,

Thank you for the kind words! We are thrilled to hear that you loved our staff as much as we do! Our goal at Club Med is to ensure that every guest has a top notch experience and we could not do it without our staff. We hope to have you back again soon!

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med Team
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I just returned from a 7 day vacation at club med Turks and Caicos and I have to agree with the review about the horrible condition of the resort. It was run down and filthy. Our shower had a layer of slime that I had to wear flip flops to shower. The bed blankets were embedded with hairs of all shapes and sizes. It was disgusting. The grounds were also run down and in poor shape.

In spite of all of this the staff really made the vacation. The employees at the resort had great attitudes, tons of energy and in a lot of cases great talent. The circus group were outstanding along with Jules who lead our water aerobics and danced his heart out daily. You can really tell they enjoy what they do and that makes for great entertainment.

The food was also good, though the buffet style got tedious waiting in line.

And of course the beach is stunning, really hard to mess with that.

I'll never return due to the cleanliness issues, just not my idea of paradise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lpop75
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Paradise turned nightmare! During our stay at Club Med, Turks, I found out that this resort is not safe for woman!!! While walking to the restrooms, I was approached and followed into the womans bathroom by a man. I looked under the stahls and realized that I was in there alone.. I knew I had to get out of the situation right away... I threw my hands up at him in defense and said "excuse me" as if to say, get the hell out of my way.. Thank god one of the bartenders happened to be walking by and came in and grabbed this guy and escorted him out of the bathroom..... I filed a complaint with my boyfriend and another couple that we were traveling with.. management did NOTHING.. never got back to me. I filed another complaint with the resort manager, which he did NOTHING! basically said, sorry to hear this and please come back again!! (yeah right) When I got home to the U.S I went to the Club Med Hedquarters and filed another complaint. I guess higher management at this resort doesn't really care about customer service.. They did NOTHING about this situation. Only to say they hope that it never happens again!! I've been all around the U.S and International travel and a Motel 6 would have handled this situation better.

Too bad, would have gone back.. great bartenders, great beach.. Unfortunetly Club Med should be embarrassed about how they handled this situation. I later found out that this man was an entertainer hired by Club Med.. I think maybe they wanted to keep this quiet so it didn't get out b/c of who this so called "Rock Star" is.

Diane