“Great fish and chips”

Sharkbite Bar & Grill
Ranked #38 of 150 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

For 10 years have loved this place. Usually we will see 1-2 large sand sharks at night, but missed them this year.

Frozen drinks are fun for those who like them. The club sandwich and the fish and chips (grouper) are fantastic choices.

Tip: Use bug spray at night.

1  Thank BYOBLOVERS

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

A very casual spot on the marina. Neat spot to watch the fish after dark in the lights and to watch the boats come in. Drink prices were cheaper than most places. Took a neat sunset shot.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The wife had a burger, I had a Philly Steak sandwich and fries, we shared wings - which were very good. In general, the food was really good. The place is nice. We were there at sunset - sat on the harbor (right) side.

We had read many reviews about bad service on the Island, ate out 9 times over 6 days but had nothing but average to excellent service until this stop.

This was the absolute worst service of any place we visited - by far.
We had too much sun the day before, planned to sit and have drinks after dinner.

Got our food, I walked to another table to get the condiment rack (which was fine), watched our waitress wonder around the place as we ate, never within attention getting distance again. We never got another chance at a drink, finally (much later) had to ask the bartender for the bill, she had put drinks from one of the other tables on the bill, I missed it initially due to being irritated - the bartender took care of removing the mistake.

The problem with this place is - they add 15% to the bill as a gratuity so our waitress could have cared less.

There was an Italian place at Grace Bay - (Bella Luna) that added 10%, and the waiter told us about it before hand. I added an additional 10% there, service was good.

Getting our own condiments - no big deal.
I would have liked some of the wing sauce for my steak sandwich.
Both my wife and I would have liked another drink during dinner.
Waiting around for a bill when you are long since finished with dinner, receiving a bill that has someone else's drinks on it, leaving a restaurant thirsty - this is a bit much.

The wings at that place were great. We would have ordered more and sat there and had a few drinks if the service had not of been the worst we had on the island.

I would like to say I would go back due to the Quality of the food. As a rule I will not return to any restaurant that adds a 15% gratuity to the check for a party of 2 - because it encourages the wait staff to care less, and that is exactly what we got.

It for sure could have been an isolated event but knowing you are getting the 15% and the most your best effort would likely provide to you is another 5%, provides no incentive to do anything but what we got - very poor service.

2  Thank LGA_114
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!! *SHARK BITE*

MY family and I decided to take our little sister for pizza after graduation tonight at Bacci, but upon arrival they were closing up so we paid for the pizza but since we wanted drinks i walked to Shark Bite and ask the bartender if its okay to sit and eat here since we wanted drinks from them.

He said sure but you will have to pay service charge in a joking manner and he also stated that he is not giving us no napkins nor plates, which we understand because we did not purchase the pizza from them and he also mentioned that we have to take our trash with us , well of course we would because we are not animals.

So we seated ourselves and about 5minutes my sister raised her hand to have a waiter/ waitress attend to us so the bartender said to us "yea i know i did you a favor so you have to wait" we said nothing so after 3 minutes a waitress was sent to our table with no smile and no greeting and asked with an attitude what do you want. We placed our drink order and we went back to our usual conversation among each other and we all noticed her attidue and she came back to confirm our drink orders which she got wrong, AGAIN, we noticed her attiditude after she got the correct order. As we diped in to our pizza couple minutes after our drinks came. My other sister noticed that there is a lipstick stain on her glass and she showed alllll of us it. So we told the waitress and she came to the table AGAIN with attitude, we told her that there was a lipstick stain on her glass and her attitude was " where is the lipstick, let me see!" When she saw it herself she took it back to the gray hair bartender and with that attitude the waitres had, my sister told her she dont want another drink its okay, the lady still went and bring another drink back and slamed the drink infront of my sister not a hard slam and told her she have to drink it because its already on the bill. But we literaly told her that she did not want the drink anymore so my sister placed the drink to the side and the lady said OK! And walked off.. like her attitude <<< what the hell

There was a tourist table in the far right side ahead of us and the same attitude lady was their waitress... You should of seen this, she was all smiles... she completely ignored us... after i see shes taking long to come to our table, i picked up the drink went over to the bartender and told him my sister told the waitress that she didnt want the drink anymore and he said he did us a favor and we must pay for it.. i thanked him for doing us a favor and as im about to explain he cut me off and said take my problems somewhere else he doesnt want to hear it, because we are gonna pay for it and it is on the bill... NOW IF ANYONE KNOW ME YOU KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE KIND OF PERSON TO DISREPECT ANYONE... but the fact he said that and the way this situation was handled pushed me wayyy over my limit and i just exploded. I told him thanks for the favor but we are not paying for the drink, he pointed to Mrs. Attitude and said that she better make sure we pay for the drink. I swear i feel like this man was trying to make the devil come out of me.. i came completely out of my character in front of my mother in law and i apologize to her but she understood because even her was mad about the situation.

Like the things he was saying about my mother and my father , and we hear Mrs.Attitude in the kitchen speaking creole saying that we are all haitains and we are the one giving attitude. If you'll know how i had to clam myself down. I work customer service and i have dealt with all kinds of customers the worst kind. NEVER!! I imgaine this disrespect towards customers. And there was a nice white lady came to our table cross her fingers and said she hope we get this settled. It was a sad fact. I truly hope the owner of #SHARKBITE do something about this. Even though my sister accidentally knocked her drink over, i still manage to clean it up with the few tissues we had from the pizza despite all that was going on, i could of left it for Mrs. Attitdue to clean it up but i didnt. We need to do better than this man.

i went there before also and never was treated like this. I feel like the women secertly remove the lipstick stain as she bring it back to him. Because he kept saying theres no lipstick stain and he washed it himself. Obviously if there wasnt a lipstick stain she would of never carried it. Also she heard when my sister said she doesnt want it anymore. I blame the waitress mostly. But the bartender disrespect was unacceptable.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I've eaten here a few times and love it each time. Although there is an indoor area, I prefer to eat on the patio and look out for sharks. If you see one, let staff know - they'll ring the bell! I'll be back!!!