“What an evening. ”

Table for Two
Ranked #29 of 157 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Canopy of stars, symphony of Nature ... And just one single table for two people---you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-dimensional creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and customized activities inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only. Please book at least 5 days in advance and complete the questions on the booking form available on the website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

As I have already told Elspeth, this was such a lovely evening and a once-in-a-lifetime-experience. And it is difficult to find the words to decribe an evening so brilliant and full of atmosphere.
The table was set at a desk in a wonderful garden and the dinner we had was very delicate.
What made this evening so speciel was that Elspeth did so much to make us feel comfortable. And we did.
We could not have found a better place to celebrate our 25th Anniversay.
Thank you so much for that wonderful evening on 13th February.

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

You're very welcome. It was really a pleasure to meet you and share in your special night.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My bf booked us a Table for Two. However, it was nothing as advertised. The location was underwhelming and not what was requested. Nothing that was described to him was delivered. We ended up leaving disappointed before the evening truly began because our table was set up in the middle of nowhere at an old house with very little decor or ambience and not the villa that was promised. The villa was cancelled because it may have rained and he was assured that the new location would meet our expectations. It was really not the special evening that he had planned. If a Table for Two is booked for this price then we expected a whole lot more, including another drink selection instead of a bottle of red wine only. Find out the details carefully before choosing to book this.

3  Thank Zadh87
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear Zadh87,

Thank you for your review.

A lot of time, care and personal attention goes into the creating and offering of each TFT experience. I care about what is given and who receives it. Over the past five years, this has translated into consistently happy guests, as other reviews to date testify.

I am sorry that you were underwhelmed by the venue for your surprise booking. While it is also unfortunate that you were not interested in staying to experience anything of TFT (the 6-course meal, nor the activities and surprises created for you and your boyfriend), I hope that the non-vegetarian restaurant I recommended was enjoyable and met your expectations.

At the risk of a longer-than-usual response, I will address concerns by clarifying some of your review points:

1. The "old house in the middle of nowhere" is called an 'eco villa', located in a nature sanctuary about 20 minutes drive from where you were staying. One of three venues currently used by TFT, it was the one available for the night your boyfriend booked. In retrospect, perhaps the word villa (in 'eco villa') brought a grander image to mind, leading to disappointment when an intimate, more rustic venue was encountered instead.

2. Re 'canceled villa': Due to abnormally heavy rain throughout the day, up to just before your arrival (and with the chance of more rain that night), the Table was repositioned from the wooden outdoor deck to indoors. Your boyfriend was informed of this. I can only assume that a huge misunderstanding in communication led to the impression that a villa had been promised then canceled because "it may have rained".

3. Re 'nothing as advertised': If inclined, you're welcome to send me an email highlighting what gave you that impression. The TFT website gives sufficiently accurate details of the service without ruining intrigue or making promises. However, there is always room for improvement. I will review the site to see if anything can be made clearer.

4. Re 'very little decor': This is true. TFT consciously chooses a minimalist approach to create a subtly pleasing ambience. The intention is to give couples rest from the external distractions of worldly clutter, bringing focus to the true beauty—their love for each other and quality time spent at the Table.

5. Re insufficient 'drink selections': guests currently enjoy a bottle of TFT's signature non-alcoholic beverage, a bottle of wine (colour preference can be stated beforehand and some guests also like to bring a bottle). An additional non-alcoholic beverage is provided for those who don't drink wine. Thus far these options, along with water, have more than sufficed.

6. Re 'nothing that was described to him was delivered': You are welcome to email me and let me know what was described and not delivered in the brief time you were there.

7. Re 'expected a whole lot more' for price: Thus far those who have experienced and enjoyed TFT are happy to pay the set price and, sometimes, more. When booking, clients are given the cost (inclusive of a non-refundable deposit required to secure the booking and cover basic start up for the evening). They are free to proceed or not.

I agree with you that people should "find out the details carefully before they book this"—as the unconventional, multidimensional nature of the TFT experience may not be what everyone is ready or looking for.

Best wishes,

Elspeth

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I am not a vegetarian but the food was divine. I am actually speechless and words cannot express the wonderful emotion I felt during our evening. Elspeth was just the consummate host. I took a journey of insight & romance and more which culminated in my unwavering belief and feeling that my wife and I had paths that were destined to cross. I am a man of few words, so rather than describe the whole experience, go and see for yourself

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the experience. I also enjoyed meeting and being in the company of both of you. Best wishes.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Arriving at the Arnos Vale EcoLodge which is one of the Table for Two venues was an adventure in itself. Arnos Vale climbs one of Tobago’s many luscious hills bedecked in emerald green attire, glistening with diamond droplets of tropical rain. A steep hill incline with rustic paths our drivers task was complete when we reached the entrance to this unique dining location. Upon our arrival Elspeth introduced herself and her softly spoken words were soothing to our ears. A feeling of recognition rested easily on all three of us. This was going to be a night to remember. We were guided down a tropical path to two small cottages in candy coloured paint almost gingerbread in their appearance. Along a wooden deck our evening began. We were guided to our own personal dining space resplendent in its simplicity & vibrant colour. Local fabric tablecloths, low lighting and vanilla coloured shutters are sprung open by our host who politely asked if we are bothered by the wildlife. If this is the wild life then I am all for it! The fairytale aspect of this dining experience is not lost on us, we have arrived at Table for Two. A gentle explanation of the evenings events is given and the dining experience is explained. Let’s make no mistake - this is an experience and one I might add that we will cherish forever. 6 courses of vegetarian cuisine & neither of us are vegetarian. However, as the literature says postpone your preconceptions and be ready to take a journey of discovery. My husband and I are lovers, of Tobago, of good food & I like to think each other. But it is a rare bird that fluttered into our evening to remind us why we love each other, what makes our union so unique and why the universe really does have a plan for us both. Elspeth is not only a chef of quality, she has been given a gift & is happy to share it with us. I can truly say without doubt after 17 years of marriage, this was probably one of the most romantic & insightful evenings of our relationship. Truth,courage,love,abundance,peace,release. We were reminded are what make our own personal union unique. With respect for our evening, the rest is between our host & the stars above. As the rain hit the wooden roof, in the forest of its making and the tiny lights twinkled lighting our exit, Table for Two will forever remain our own little piece of personal heaven.

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Lots of love to you both! Thank you for a wonderful evening and treasured new connection.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

After two prior attempts to visit Table for Two, I can safely say that it was most certainly worth the wait...the third time's a charm!!! There are no words to express the unique essence of the unforgettable dining experience. I was blown away by the charm, personalisation and sheer magic of the evening. Our hostess was simply remarkable. The vegetarian dishes were divine....and we were even allowed to bring our four legged friend. This is an experience that we will never forget...it was truly amazing!

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

It was such a pleasure to have all three of you! Your four legged companion was the perfect guest.