“Excellent Homemade Pasta!”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Daytime: lunch, great coffees, teas & Francesca's dessert. Wine shop for home! Evening: fine dining, tasting menu', seafood and sicilian vegetarian recipes. Sunday: two courses lunch. Wine Spectator's Award wine cellar! Al fresco dining, teak floors, cupola and beautiful art work. Lush garden opposite the beach. Romantic. Great service. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 26 October 2018

The Lasagna is to die for!! These Italians really know what they are doing! A family owned restaurant that is hidden away in a lovely location, with 5 star food and wines!!! What a gem for those that find it!
Highly recommended for a change from the Norm available in Tobago!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I stopped by here on my first night in Tobago. I hadn't researched restaurant prices so was really shocked when I converted the menu prices. In the end I went with a simple ham pizza for around $13.

What came out of the kitchen was worse than a microwave pizza. The chef even came over (after I ordered, just before it arrived) to say I shouldn't have ordered it as "it's for children"...hmmm. I guess he meant kids won't realise how awful it is.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This is a first class family owned and run Italian restaurent. The owner is committed to providing the highest quality of both food and wine. Dishes are imaginative and delicious and the wine cellar is extensive. I cannot speak too highly of it.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Great just couldn't have been better. Keep up the good work and always have that smile on. It was worth it

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Visited for dessert only and had some great tiramisu at this restaurant with my wife! Gabriele is very pleasant and we enjoyed our conversations with him.

We are hopeful that we will return again someday in the future to experience the food options and to have some more of that special tiramisu again! Until then, thanks for the lovely little experience La Tartaruga. Ciao!