“Delicious food & exceptional service”
Review of The Seahorse Inn

The Seahorse Inn
Ranked #5 of 156 Restaurants in Tobago
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fabulous beach side dining with fresh seafood, premium ingredients, an awesome wine & cocktail list, and great personal and attentive service.
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We dined here towards the end of our holiday and wish we had found this little gem earlier. I wanted to eat the crab cakes that previous reviews had mentioned - they did not disappoint! The wine list is extensive and we found a crisp white to compliment our meal. I chose the Grouper, tasty and moist with a great portion served with a delicious mash, my husband dined on the lamb cooked exactly as requested and presented deliciously on the plate. The service staff were attentive but not intrusive and never let our glass run dry. Even when coming to pay in the office the cashier made me feel our visit was appreciated. The pleasure was all ours, try this restaurant if you are in Black Rock, delicious food, romantic setting with the sound of the crashing waves to accompany your dining experience.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

lovely quaint but at the same time elegant setting close to the sea. Inventive menu with extensive wine list ( unbelievable choice of some great wines!). The food was excellent and the portions were huge-we could not manage three courses! Attentive and efficient staff. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Had a fabulous last night of the holiday dinner last week and it was superb,

Beautiful candlelit setting overlooking the sea, great food, excellent service and reasonably priced wines too.

Having eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world, this definately goes into the top 10. Price wise, its very reasonable for the quality you get. Dinner for two guests, three courses each and a bottle of excellent house wine and a bottle of mineral water was around £100, and worth every penny.

We will be back.
What more do you want!

1  Thank Curious1628
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This restaurant was by far the best restaurant on Tobago. Everything was lovely, food, drinks, staff, decor. It's a real must for dinner.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Had heard lots of very good things about Seahorse Inn, and we were really looking forward to our visit. We were planning to go to a recommended fish restaurant the following evening so I opted for steak, as did my sister in law. I had asked for mine to be cooked medium rare, and my sister in law requested medium. Both steaks were served well done (destroyed). I could hardly eat mine. When our waitress came to clear our plates we spoke to her. She appeared to be quite embarrassed and was very apologetic and spoke with the manager. The manager appeared and couldn't really say much but agreed that he and his executive chef had looked at the returned steak and agreed it was over cooked. He then proceeded to say that he hoped that we encourage meal !

When we received our bill the manager called my brother into his office. I presume he had had time to reflect and this time was very apologetic.

The previous reviews suggest that we were just very unlucky. However, of the 4 of us only one enjoyed their meal.

I feel quite gutted as the venue was lovely and our waitress was delightful.