2,570 results
All reviews infinity pool waterfront restaurant sea view sushi glass shower rain shower customer service breakfast buffet is business trip business hotel lobby bar trinidad port spain ships gulf gym
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really nice hotel, extremely stylish, big relaxing rooms, a nice hub of activity going on in the lobby bars, and great terraces looking out at the sea. What lost it a point was: poor service in the main restaurant (could be an aberration); and that they gym should have been a bit bigger, and in better shape. It's not bad, but getting shabby, and needs room for yoga and the like.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous hotel, with lovely staff, great pool, nice food, nice rooms, very kind personnel (will bend over backwards to help) but make sure you do an advanced course in ELEVATOR OPERATIONS first and always check with reception your room swipe card hasn't been cancelled in your pocket - don't say I didn't warn you !

Room tip: Sea View and floor 4 (pool)
Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited as a joint family of 7. Our initial arrival wasn’t great as there was a mix up and our rooms Wasn’t ready but when we finally got our rooms, all was forgotten. Lovely rooms with a sea view. Room
Features were great, unlimited coffees and water, room service was great and the staff were exceptional. Our Children loved them. A special thanks to nadine, she was helpful and friendly, making us feel welcome.

The infinity pool overlooking the port is amazing. And open until 10pm, my daughter couldn’t get enough.

Onsite gym was fresh with all new equipment and was super clean with fresh fruit and refreshments.

My only down point would be the breakfast and food is slightly on the expensive side, so if you can book With breakfast included I’d recommend this.

Local amenities are close and better priced. But you cannot go wrong with this hotel, I think it’s the best place To stay local To everything in Trinidad

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A surprise getaway that was saved from being a quick checkout by ONE employee, Miss La Toya Le Blanc. Her kind hearted, generous actions were the only reason my family and I did not immediately leave the hotel on checking in.

As a wheelchair user, all of my accommodations and special needs must be pre-booked, and was done so online by my relatives. However, on turning up, everything had to be done from scratch, even though the front desk employees were reading the details I needed from my online booking. And still with that information, I was sent to the WRONG type of room twice.
Success came on the third try only due to Miss La Toya Le Blanc, who stayed with us and kept calling the front desk directly to specifically state which rooms were ADA with a roll in bathroom. Only through her actions was I able to get the accommodations I needed. Her care and attention to detail with regard to my special needs were the only reasons we did not just leave the hotel.

She also recognised our distress and did everything possible, including a Happy Birthday platter and special balloons to make the rest of my stay memorable in the best way possible. It must be noted that Luxy and Kelly from the restaurant on the waterfront, as well as Fadilah from Housekeeping and all the other staff members (Except those at the front desk) were delightful, caring, and a joy to be around.

For those who are disabled and planning on staying in this hotel, please be aware of certain details.
The ADA rooms are either roll-in showers, with no bench to sit on, or they are ADA with bathtub. The Bathtub comes up a bit high, so only book those if you are comfortable transferring up about 7-10 inches from your wheelchair.
Additionally the beds are not the standard height of wheelchairs. They are also a bit high, and only if you are being lifted onto you bed, or you can do half stands, or you have great upper body strength will you be able to get into the bed.
It should also be noted, unless your wheelchair’s total width from outer wheel to outer wheel is less than 20 inches will you be able to access the pool area. The door is narrow. The waterfront restaurant has side doors that are also that narrow but through some quick action by kind employees, the main door was opened for us. It is a grand and wide doorway, making it easy to roll out and enjoy, what was a divine dinner. The food was sumptuous and the view made everything worth the earlier trouble we had.
Additionally the ramps are quite manageable if you are on your own or in an automatic chair.

Overall this was an enjoyable stay, but there are areas which need improving especially when it comes to the front desk staff and assigning proper room accommodations for those with special needs.
Hopefully anyone with such needs will now be more prepared than I was when they make a visit to this hotel.

Room tip: Ocean views are magical, while the city views light up the night sky!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel continues to be my absolute favourite. The staff here are the best I have ever encountered. They will go above and beyond to ensure you have the best stay possible. The pool is incredible, and make sure you get some sushi during your stay as well!

Date of stay: October 2018