“Great Ribs!”

Add it.
Mr. Chow's Smokehouse
Ranked #61 of 187 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I've eaten several times here and have always received great service and excellent food. The ribs are my favorite, delicately flavoured and definitely worth your money.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I think the food was very good, the charbroiled chicken had good flavor. The quantity of food for the price was a little bit disappointing considering all of the enthusiasm surrounding this restaurant from the locals. Overall a good place to eat, but not as amazing of an experience as I expected from hearing about it from others.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I really enjoyed the food here. The smoked chicken was delicious and the potatoes were so flavourful! However, I felt that the portions were a bit small when compared to similar restaurants in Trinidad.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I ate at Mr. Chow's on Sunday, November 20, for dinner. I was headed to another restaurant down the street, and stumbled on Mr. Chow's. When I smelled the BBQ and saw the pit, I knew that I needed to try it.

I ordered the ribs (and also wanted the oxtails, but they were out of them), chili potato salad, and green salad. The green salad wasn't much to write home about, but who would expect it to be at a BBQ joint? The star of the show was on point!

So with a Memphis perspective, when I say, "ribs," I'm talking pork. This was quality pork with excellent seasoning and smoke and nearly falling off the bone tender. The sauce baste was very good - not that sweet stuff, but savory goodness. I didn't even need any extra sauce. I tried a bit of the honey mustard mixed with the smokey BBQ sauce, and that combo was good.

The host at Forty Winks told me that the chicken also is really good.

All Memphis BBQ joint owners out there need to adopt the chili potato salad! I don't know why Memphians have never thought of that. We do BBQ spaghetti! That chili potato salad would take over the regular potato salad. It's just a small amount of dried chilies mixed with a little of the BBQ baste (it was sort of a paste texture), on top of a portion of potato salad. You mix that in, and you have an amazing side.

I don't know what any of the few low ratings are about. I didn't really read them. If they are about service, I would discount those remarks. It's basically a carryout with picnic tables and high tops. You eat from your take away box. So what's? Savor the great food and people watching! This is a place that is not to be missed!

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

The food was good. The quantity is more than ok. The staff is very friendly and the service is fast. The fishes are very entertaining for children. Large variety of beverages.