“Craft beer reaches Trinidad”

Tommy's Brewing Company
Ranked #63 of 187 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Servers didn't know what a porter or Belgian quad were, but hey, that's how new craft beer is to the restaurant scene here.
The food is good. The beer recipes need some tweaking though.

1  Thank DDI_123

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Tommy’s is now open for lunch. We heard great things about this place so we had to try it for ourselves.

Concrete and metal pipes dominate the décor and the restaurant has a very cool vibe and relaxed atmosphere.

It’s a true family restaurant so kids are welcomed.

The servers are pleasant and fast on their feet with very good memories! There wasn’t a thing missing from our order for our table of 6! Well done indeed!

Their beer snob tees made us laugh! They should sell them!

The food is good. Abit on the pricey side but there are things on the menu to appeal to everyone. Their daily soups are original and comforting.

Their draft beers are not as expensive as we had anticipated. You can enjoy three (3) tall 16 oz. glasses for just under $100 (VAT & service charge included) which is not as crazy as some other places selling unique or imported beers.

We know it was a formidable challenge for Tommy’s opening Trinidad’s first microbrewery, but these sorts of places are exactly what we need to attract foreign tourists who more and more expect these sorts of special establishments which are now prevalent all over the world! Way to go Tommy’s!

Good first overall experience and we know it won’t be our last!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Having heard that this is a Micro-brewery where you can observe the beer making process while you eat and drink I decided to visit. It was an enjoyable visit. Given that it was a micro-brewery my focus was on the beers that they produce and I must say that they produce nice tasting beers with tropical fruits infused in the beer.

You have a choice of sitting inside and watching the brewers or the multiple television screens that are visible from each table or sitting outside in the Fiesta Plaza.

The staff are professional and the service is very good. There was one irksome aspect of my visiting. I had decided to sample the food and found that the wait period after placing my order was longer than I would normally expect. A few weeks later I decided to visit this pub again with another friend and sample some of the other beers. Again I enjoyed the beers and then ordered a meal. This time the wait for the food was even longer. My waiter did come to the table and explain that there would be a delay and gave me an estimated wait time. After the food arrived the manager came to the table and apologized for the extended wait. So definitely professional service. About the food - both times thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We went two days in a row as we were so impressed! Nice to see a craft beer place in Trinidad, they use local fruits in their beer and our favourite was the Steelpan Stout.

Food was delicious, I had the Wagu beef burger and homemade chips. It was cooked perfectly and very delicious. My husband and cousin also had burgers and fries and they raved about them. The meat was ground in house and the buns were a delicious brioche.

I thought the food selection was broad and had good options, I wish I could've tried more! (opposed to the other reviewer). I don't like a 4 page menu, as you know if won't be fresh or good!

Service was impeccable, they checked on us multiple times and even remembered us from the day before. The manager also served us our dessert and commented on how glad they were that we had returned. I haven't had such great service in Trinidad and was pleasantly surprised.

Decor was very industrial and had a cool vibe, multiple TV's with different sports and shows. Nice large bar area serving their beer made in-house.

Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of visiting the newest pub/bar in Trinidad with friends on a Saturday night. Located in Movie Towne invaders bay in port-of-spain, Tommy's Brewery is the first of its kind in the Caribbean where they make the beers right there in the pub so you get your beer fresh, as they say "From the Grain to the Glass". There are a variety of flavoured beers such as mango and pineapple. The beers are affordable and there are many sizes of which to choose, however, we were disappointed with the food menu as it is very limited.

The pub has inside and outside seating, seats outside are in the court yard where you can get fresh air and enjoy the LIVE performances from the Movie Towne Band Stand. The decor in the inside seating area is lovely with a nice wood finish, large screen televisions and a center bar. Huge equipment where the beers are made is visible from the inside and outside. The service was great, and the staff friendly.

I will recommend this pub to anyone in port-of-spain looking for a spot to hang out with friends or family.