“Great Location Poor Service!!!”
Review of The Lure

The Lure
Ranked #102 of 190 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2015

My family and I went to have a getaway lunch from the busy city and crowd. When we arrived it was not what we had expected but decided to dine anyway since we know of the quality of the food on previous visits and we were all hungry. We were greeted with a waitress after 10mins of seating and then on placing our order were told that she had to check to see if they had some items that we had ordered. We waited about another 10mins for her to return just to say that they were out of the item we wanted. We decided on another menu item. After about 30mins we inquired about our order and was told it should be out shortly. This line we heard about three times before getting out meal 50mins after.....poor service but the food was good. Will not return again. I was told that they were under new management. Get your act together Lure....

1  Thank ReesaI

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say? The effect of dining by the Sea right over the water. Beautiful. Prices are but high but the food is fantastic. Same owner as the sails restaurant at power boats. Recommended!

2  Thank mikecathy j
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Visted the Lure for the girl time of a birthday lunch. Before getting there i called a to get correct directions and to ask what was on the menu. The girl who worked on that day was super friendly and kind. When we got there setted inside. We asked if shrimp was on the menu. She said yes we have shrimp but its not ready and will have to wait a while if we want it. So she was so helpful she said next time your coming call a few hours in advance and shell let us know whats on the menu and what food she can have prepared before were there. I taught that was so awesome of 'the lure'. Overall the food and atmosphere was brilliant.. Now The Lure will be a favourite place to hang out at for me. I recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Vikki B
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Been here several times - last times in March 2014. We always ask for a table outside. Situated in a marina you would think fish would be the big thing, but actually we go there for meat - filet Mignon and rib eye - and those are really good, cooked as you ask for. Sides (vegetables) could maybe be a bit more 'fun', home made. Tried the seafood medley for two once (April last year) - I wasn't that enthusiastic. Also tried blue shells once but found them too big/greasy. Not a problem of preparation, but of product/raw material. One of my sons tried the 'chocolate explosion' as a desert - not bad at all (we all ended sharing).
This is not a cheap restaurant - it can't be when you take beef here in T&T... but we do enjoy to go here to get a REAL meat meal. Go for grapefruit or other fresh juice if you like that - the fruit punch is ok.
For families with small kids it might be a bit nerve wrecking to sit outside - the railing is so and so.
Service is friendly - which is already much here.
Oh, and if you're there for a birthday - ask the waitress if someone can sing for you - I had a waitress with a super voice singing for us!

2  Thank carib_cricri
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

With new management this place is shining! I have been here four times in the las three months and the food is incredibly good and hands down the best in Port of Spain, forget Buzo, this is a true restaurant with a delicious cuisine. Make sure to try the seafood melody (for two) or the red snapper which are both the specialties of the restaurant.

2  Thank Felipe G